Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LSW collector´s introduction

TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
Hello! I´m TarDomo and new here. I collect Lego Star Wars and my favourite sets are the droid army sets like AAT from 2009. I´ve been collecting LSW since 2007.
bobabricks

Comments

• AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    Hi, @TarDomo‌. Welcome to the forum.
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    ^ :)
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 579
    howdy @TarDomo‌ :)
    ^ howdy, @obi_g ! :D
    So @TarDomo‌ do any favorites on the recent LEGO SW sets. And what do you think about he SW Rebels show and sets? :-)
    @Andor Overall I like the Rebels theme. It brings new characters and vehicles. These days Lego remakes a lot of SW sets so they are a fresh add to the SW line. I have the Phantom and I´m really looking forward to get The Ghost and some of the 2015 Rebels wave sets. And my favourites on the recent LSW sets are for example Republic Gunship, UCS R2-D2 and already retired Super Star Destroyer. What comes to 2015, I´m really interested in the new Battle Droid Troop Carrier.
    bobabricks
    Cool, @TarDomo‌. I am looking forward to #75083 AT-DP, and #75090 Ezra's speeder bike. The Ghost is well designed IMO. I like Zeb's minifigure a lot. Though Battle Droid Troop Carrier is quite nice. But I am more of a Middle-Earth fan. In 2015 I will probably be busy recreating the Battle of the Five Army's. Lego makes it easy to build massive Star Wars army's. :-) Unfortunately not so for LOTR and The Hobbit.
    @Andor I also like LOTR but for me it feels easier to focus on one theme. But I buy other themes when I found something cool and little like cat ornament and snowman.
    Andor
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 223
    Always great to have another LSW collector :-)
    @CaptAPJT :) You are also a LSW collector?
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 223
    Yup, but these days I pretty much stick to the large exclusives as I tend to display more than anything else.
    ^ The UCS sets like SSD are great for display.
    Andor
  • ShatteredGnomeShatteredGnome Docking Bay 94, Mos Eisley, TatooineMember Posts: 32
    edited November 2014
    Hey there @TarDomo I'm a Star Wars collector as well. :)

I've started to only collect OT stuff pretty much, as it's what I really like. With the occasional other purchase; I have a weak spot for some newer Episode III sets.

I also like to modify my existing sets (I have a heavily customized #7965 Falcon, for instance) or make things that LEGO haven't as well, including custom (purist) figures.

The Rebels sets are growing on me as I've watched the show, but I probably won't buy any anytime soon. I also collect some of the Marvel Super Heroes stuff, and a tiny bit of DC sets. I liked the LotR line, but couldn't bring myself to start collecting another theme.

I'm hoping to sell a lot of my old Star Wars stuff (in various conditions) to fund buying newer Star Wars sets. I'm really excited about that new Slave-I.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    @TarDomo I also love the LSW line. My favourite dust collectors are the 2005 Sancrawler, Ewok village, R2-D2 and the motorized AT-AT (quite the conversation starter when it starts moving). ;) I also can't wait to get my hands on that UCS Slave I when it comes out. :D
    @bobabricks‌ @ShatteredGnome‌ I´m also excited about the UCS Slave 1. I´ve missed the earlier Slaves (maybe good because this seems the best so far:) )
    bobabricksAndor
  • ShatteredGnomeShatteredGnome Docking Bay 94, Mos Eisley, TatooineMember Posts: 32
    @TarDomo Absolutely, they needed the larger scale to get it right. I'll still make some little modifications probably. I only own the last Slave-I set (which you can see modified a lot in my picture)
    @ShatteredGnome Do you often modify sets? I have modified the 2013 AT-TE.
    @TarDomo‌ Yes, more often than in the past. With the newer Star Wars sets and some Super Heroes stuff (where the models are underwhelming but with some useful parts), I almost always see design improvements/additions that I'd like to make on things. I still want to widen the middle back part of my 2012 X-wing and add landing gear, for example.
    edited December 2014
    @ Cool. I modified the AT-TE because it wasn´t strong enough. Some parts of the walker were breaking apart all the time and I couln´t stand it anymore. I haven´t modified sets to make them look better but that would be cool also.