Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10217 Diagon Alley listed as discontinued last July

Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
edited September 2011 in The Database
In the database 10217 Diagon Alley is listed as discontinued but is still available from Lego shop:
http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Diagon-Alley-10217

Is this a mistake in the Brickset database, or are Lego meant to have discontinued it and just selling left over stock?

Comments

• llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    it just came out this January...they wouldn't produce a set for that short of a period. Specially since it's part of a hot brand. It'll be maybe another year on it.
  • If this set just came out in January then why would they discontinue it in september? Doesn't a sets life start to end this time next year?

I was leaning back, just waiting the discounts to kick in. But if its starting to go now, then I need to buy this really quick.

The prices of a set on ebay, when a set gets discontinued is ridiculous and makes it impossible for anyone who missed it to buy it.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Impossible, no...

Expensive, yes...
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    I highly doubt it is already discontinued. In fact, Lego is running a special on it right now - you get a free mini Hogwarts Express. It also is featured in Lego's current at home catalog. I gather it's an error in the database....it'll likely be around for at least another year.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    the discontinued page isn't perfect science. it shows stuff that comes off of LEGO's feed to brickset, but sometimes that isn't permanent or is possibly even in error.

Diagon Alley has not been discontinued according to any credible information out there.