Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Rocket Raccoon polybag?

Comments

• CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Thanos75 said:

@CircleK‌ ..... Isn't there still a TRU in Elyria? They should be stocked because I don't think anyone even lives in Elyria any more.

I have no idea. The associate that was helping me had an area search up for the R Number - all the OH stores on her screen showed 0 quantities, while stores in places like Michigan for example were showing numbers of 50 or 200 and so on. She seemed perplexed by it.

It's not a big deal though. I was just going to grab one for me and a few for trades / helping bricksetters who can't get them. I have a feeling we will be up to our eyeballs in raccoons by this time next week. The online prices should soon reflect that so I'm not sweating it.
  • Zeldafanatic15Zeldafanatic15 Member Posts: 106
    Was anyone told the street date was changed to the 21st? I just left a TRU that had thm but was told they changed the street date. Might try to find another TRU.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    I just got a couple they had to look for 20 minutes, but they said something a out a street date but it was for today.
  • mdellemanmdelleman Vancouver CanadaMember Posts: 274
    Any chance someone could do me a huge favor and grab me just one? Shipping to 98230. I can't find anything where I am.
    teal93mr2
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    My store didn't even know about them. They have a whole case of Rockets but only ended up with 10 of the Michelangelo.
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 511
    just spoken to someone called Allie at TRU web chat. they cant find anything on the web stock for either the r code or sku. she suspects it is a shop exclusive - just in case anyone is looking online for it. if anyone does see it on the tru website, could you let me know please :) ta
  • pumperxpumperx Member Posts: 106
    Here is the picture of my store. Good luck everyone.

• Ladder19JTKLadder19JTK Hudson ValleyMember Posts: 211
    Anyone looking in the NY/NJ area I wish you luck. Pretty much gone from all of the TRU's based on a systemwide computer check. I am glad I got mine at the midnight closing last night, or should I say this morning.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,377
    Went to three store, and only one had the ploys. the others claimed the did not have them.
    I think they only had 50 as well. The stores that did not have them did say they could expect them to be getting them in later in the week as well (if they were not lying about not having them)
    ^Typical TRU. I'll put $ on them having lied.

Well one store I went to had 50 of them in the system but apparently was a 'mis-ship' and they 'did not receive them'. All of which I find a bit dubious as I believe an AFOL works at that TRU.
    The other store I checked the guy actually said " They say they have not received them" But added they could get them later in the week.

The other had them but put them behind the counter. These have no peg board holes, so they will either have t sit in a bin, or I guess at CS.
    Like I said typical TRU. In my situation I picked up a few last night at $4.99. This morning I went to a different TRU to pick some up for a fellow forum member. This TRU is 10 minutes from the TRU I shopped in last night, no exaggeration, and they charged me $5.49.....When I questioned this I got the "deer in the headlights" look from the cashier.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    The 15% off coupon, that you can print from the website, works on these.
    LegoKip
    ^ I know but it was either I get them at 4.99 like I did at the other TRU or 15% off.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,301
    I am in Phoenix and 1 said they had 50 but couldn't locate the box and another had them but limit 3. I got 3.
  • jamiewjamiew Member Posts: 165
    I was told they'd be available on the 22nd as part of a special lego event. If you check the TRU calendar it does show a lego shopping list event
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    I went and didn't see anything. Asked a got about and he knew nothing. Ugh
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 390
    Shut out. Told by two stores it was for black Friday. Anyone have an extra... ? Redeem my gas...
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,841
    So weird. I went back to the same store this morning but they did not have any Rocket polys on the shelf. The baskets were full of the Mini Shellraiser. Customer service could not find my hold ones, but she had 6 on the counter with her so she sold me the 4 I wanted.
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 136
    Picked up my 4 this morning. After I tried to buy them 2 weeks ago when they were all out they immediately pulled them all but the manager held 4 for me. Today they did not have them out and no one could find them. They also couldn't find my 4 and said the manager was off so I had to explain that I drove 45 minutes just to pick them up and he specifically wrote my name on them. They finally found mine and I used the 15% off coupon to get them for $18 after taxes. They rang up just find with no street date issues.
    margotLegoKip
  • byucougsbyucougs Member Posts: 38
    I went into my store today and they told me that they aren't selling them until Friday 11/21.
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 451
    Thanks for the heads up on the coupon, @margot. I was able to get them at my local TRU. They didn't have them out on the floor but behind the service desk.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,869
    got a few this morning but Wingus & Dingus at the registers had no idea about the Mini Shellraiser promo and were too inept to even try to find it in the back. Gave me a free Gorzan poly instead though so I guess that is something.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    They had a whole bin full of them at a store I stopped by today.
    Hmm so the purchase of one of these qualifies for a free shellraiser poly? I bought 4 and wasnt told anything about it but I did see it behind the counter. I meant to ask for one since I still need it but I forgot all about it after they couldnt find my polys initially.
    veign06 said:

Hmm so the purchase of one of these qualifies for a free shellraiser poly? I bought 4 and wasnt told anything about it but I did see it behind the counter. I meant to ask for one since I still need it but I forgot all about it after they couldnt find my polys initially.

$30 purchase required.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,336
    None here in Brookfield Wi...though they just put out the shell raiser, so if it is a similar promo maybe they won't put them out until next week.
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    edited November 2014
    TRU Toledo, OH zero in stock. and apparently not expecting to receive any either. time to find one through 3rd party..
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    St. Louis had them, but I made them go find them. Weren't going to sell them but then decided to.
  • jedivalkyriejedivalkyrie Member Posts: 176
    Jackson TN TRU had all three behind the customer service desk - Rocket, Mini Shellraiser and Gorzan. No issue purchasing. Lots more there left for others, I only got one of each.
  • ChrisbstmChrisbstm USAMember Posts: 151
    The TRU I went to this morning told me they had them, but weren't allowed to put them out until Black Friday for an event. Bummer trip, cause I'm pretty sure even if I show up Friday first thing, they'll be sold out from them being put on the sales floor early. Robin polybag all over again
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055

TRU Toledo, OH zero in stock. and apparently not expecting to receive any either. time to find one through 3rd party..

I had the same luck. The good news is that price is already steadily dropping on eBay. Less than $12 with free shipping. I expect that price to drop even more in the next few days, but I can live with it even if it doesn't.
    starfire2 said:

veign06 said:

$30 purchase required.
    Ah alright thanks, usually they sell them after the promo ends and I don't see too many of them going out with $30 purchases. Usually my store has these types of promo polys out on the floor to buy too but the manager wasn't there today, maybe that's why. I'll pick it up later hopefully.
    I would suggest people wait. I'm guessing TRU stores will be getting them this week if they are not already and will be available for purchase as well.
    In any case if you must buy from a 3rd party, you may want to wait if more TRUs are getting these before or for the BF event because more will be available and one would think may make prices dip. OR you find out that a TRU by you does get them in and it saves you from buying one for over retail.
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 390
    Bought one under $12 from eBay, because then I don't have to go back to TRU.
    CircleK
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 418
    Went to the Okemos, MI TRU this morning at 10:00AM. They didn't have them but with the TRU# being posted on the forum I was able to get them to track them down thanks to an extremely helpful employee. Turns out the Jackson, MI TRU had got them and were willing to hold some for me. After visiting with a friend my wife and I headed down to Jackson (about another 30 minutes South and 45 minutes from home) and they had the group for me at customer service. No fuss, no muss, just lots of driving. But worth it!

It's worth noting that these polys have no provision on them for hanging on a rack. They are more akin to the promotional polys that you find at Gamestop or given away from Lego. I would not be surprised if these are some sort of promo in the very near future.
    edited November 2014

Went to the Okemos, MI TRU this morning at 10:00AM. They didn't have them but with the TRU# being posted on the forum I was able to get them to track them down thanks to an extremely helpful employee. Turns out the Jackson, MI TRU had got them and were willing to hold some for me. After visiting with a friend my wife and I headed down to Jackson (about another 30 minutes South and 45 minutes from home) and they had the group for me at customer service. No fuss, no muss, just lots of driving. But worth it!

It's worth noting that these polys have no provision on them for hanging on a rack. They are more akin to the promotional polys that you find at Gamestop or given away from Lego. I would not be surprised if these are some sort of promo in the very near future.

Yeah, mentioned this earlier. TRU does have these cardboard bins where they can also put polybags as well so they could be around the LEGO aisle, but more likley CS will either have them there or have them in the back.

Good that you found them though.
    I still think that not all TRUS have received their supplies yet.. Maybe it is just wishful thinking for everyone who has not found them yet.

Id also suggest watching TRU online as well. A bit surprised they were not up today. Not saying it is gauranteed they will have them, but cannot hurt to keep looking
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    I found some at mine in NJ. I had to ask at the customer service desk and he had them there. They sold me 4, no problems.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    We tried the TRU in Durham NC and then called the store in Cary, and neither had heard of them. Bummer. No need for 15 per cent off coupon I printed out. What a bummer. Wish they would get their story straight and stick to the date they originally published. Another fiasco for TRU...what will they think up next? This could be more entertaining than building the LEGO we could not buy.
    I called a 3rd store here in Phoenix and was told "they are only available in Canada". I told the operator "uh no it's not because I just found them at a different location." Then miraculously she located all the locations around us that had them.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 944
    ^^
    Ahh, good job.......Ace Brickman, private detective!!!
    matticus_bricks
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 271
    @legogal‌ To be fair, TRU never actually published a date for these to be on sale. The 11/16 date info was just disseminated online from info collectors got when trying to purchase ones that were put out early.
    Chrisbstm said:

The TRU I went to this morning told me they had them, but weren't allowed to put them out until Black Friday for an event. Bummer trip, cause I'm pretty sure even if I show up Friday first thing, they'll be sold out from them being put on the sales floor early. Robin polybag all over again

I wonder where this BF event story came from. TRU does have two dates in their system for holds, one was today, the other was 11/21 (possibly for a promo). Sounds like they just made this up unless they are putting Rocket polys in the goody bags given to the first so many shoppers on Black Thursday. There have been Lego polys (such as the Tie Fighter) in those the past couple years at my store.

The woman who usually deals with holds for products at more store didn't work today, so the 200 we had were still in the product hold bay. Assuming we'd have collectors looking for them today, I took 50 and put them out. I saw one guy with a bunch in his hands at one point, but he must have put some back as we seemed to have only sold at most about a dozen of these by the time I left at 7:30pm. Another reason I took charge and put some out was because we have another 200 on the way, so we'll surely have enough left for the assumed promo starting on the later date. I figure other stores must be getting second shipments of these as well, so there should be plenty out there and those without a TRU in their area should be patient because the aftermarket price should drop on these.

Well one store I went to had 50 of them in the system but apparently was a 'mis-ship' and they 'did not receive them'. All of which I find a bit dubious as I believe an AFOL works at that TRU.
    The other store I checked the guy actually said " They say they have not received them" But added they could get them later in the week.

The other had them but put them behind the counter. These have no peg board holes, so they will either have t sit in a bin, or I guess at CS.

Mis-ships (assuming this means getting a case of an item incorrectly labeled as a totally different item) have become quite common at my store, particularly after our old distribution center closed and we got switched to a new one. The inventory reflects what is on the labels so these mistakes can wreak havoc on the inventory system. The only remedy is if someone at the store catches a mis-labelled case when it arrives or notices the discrepancy in the system later so the inventory can be adjusted.
    Thanos75LegoKip
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    Isn't kind of weird that Rocket comes with stickers to be used on the other Guardians sets? Like there isn't already enough stickers on those sets as it is. Seems like he would be part of a promotion that you get the poly with a purchase of a GoTG set.
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    The Seal Beach CA TRU had them on Friday, but didn't give them out until today. I reserved and picked up 2. I also reserved and picked up #30271 Mikey's Mini-Shellraiser and #5002144 Dareth vs Nindroid. The sales associate said they couldn't be sold until today also. The funny thing is TRU shouldn't actually be selling Rocket or Dareth since both bags state on the backside - "NOT FOR SALE", which means they should be giveaways for some promo....
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 451
    Legogeek said:

The Seal Beach CA TRU had them on Friday, but didn't give them out until today. I reserved and picked up 2. I also reserved and picked up #30271 Mikey's Mini-Shellraiser and #5002144 Dareth vs Nindroid. The sales associate said they couldn't be sold until today also. The funny thing is TRU shouldn't actually be selling Rocket or Dareth since both bags state on the backside - "NOT FOR SALE", which means they should be giveaways for some promo....

They do ring up properly, though. So it's kind of "their fault" for allowing it, just like the Bricktober sets.
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    @Legogeek‌ You're right! I picked mine up tonight from SB and I looked at the back just now.
    Voila!
    Legogeek
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,451
    Went to the store by me in Chicago, but they had to check the system to find them. Said they had them but a lot of people called in sick last night so they were still on the truck and to check back tomorrow. Call a toys r us out by my sister in the burbs and they said they had about 70 and to come on in. Explained that I lived in the city and they let my hold one for my sister to pickup. So now I just have to find the time to go get it.
  • fizicystfizicyst Member Posts: 72
    I know it is a little off topic, but could anyone with the Dareth poly provide the UPC at least? Or perhaps a TRU insider has the TRU#? I googled a UPC, printed a bar code and scanned it at TRU...but it came up not found.

As for Rocket Raccoon, one store said hold until the 21st for a promo. The second store said that they thought they would be on the truck coming in on the 21st and the third said they were listed in a location that did not exist (a bay number in the back) so they could not find them. This was all in the morning in RI and nearby MA.
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    @fizicyst‌ i have the SKU # 673419218122. It's listed as "Lego item 5002144 Battle Pack". The R web number I don't have as that's 6 digits and nothing matches that string of numbers on my receipt.
    edited November 2014
    LegoKip said:

@‌Ronyar

Thanos75 posted the numbers on page 1 of this thread, but they are:

The Tru# is 084829
    The SKU# is 673419218139

I recommend using that first 6-digit number when contacting TRU, as that seems to be the easiest for them to use in accessing information. Not sure if these will be available online, but if I find out, I'll let you know and post it here.

For anyone looking for this info again
    Incidentally mine shows the SKU above and lists the description as 5002145 GRDN of GLXY on the receipt