Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Rocket Raccoon polybag?

Comments

• legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    Can't wait to check our TRU next Sunday the 16th, but they probably won't have them. They tend to screw up having exclusive sets on the dates they are supposed to be available. And even IF (miracle of miracles) they can find the sets, they might decide not to sell them that day because a) the sun is shining or b) the sun is not shining or C) their coffee was cold that morning or d) whatever else is on their minds. Yikes!
    krklint
  • Ladder19JTKLadder19JTK Hudson ValleyMember Posts: 211
    ^ I found a TRU locally that have 200 in stock but will not sell them until the 16th. I'll be there bright and early!
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,878
    I would never want that many raccoons in my house.
    krklint
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    Fingers crossed that eBay and BL are a wash with them by the end of the month so I can get one over to the UK for a decent price.
    carlq
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    @prevere: agreed! We have too many raccoons in our trash cans now to buy more for INSIDE the house! But it is a darn cute poly!
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,878
    For some reason I want to stick Rocket on one of those Friends Animals mini sets.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    edited November 2014
    Mojoest said:

Fingers crossed that eBay and BL are a wash with them by the end of the month so I can get one over to the UK for a decent price.

Happy to ship you one for cost if I get any.

MojoestSirKevbagsBuriedinBricksRomanticWarriorlego007
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,178
    margot said:

Mojoest said:

I wouldn't mind assisting in flooding the market with Rockets if I can find any. I am hoping to score some after my half marathon Sunday morning... I might be too late since my pace won't allow me to get to the store when it opens.

• PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    @vwong19 If getting Lego isn't a motivation for improving your marathon time, I don't know what is!
    pharmjodvwong19
  • aid_77aid_77 NewburyMember Posts: 183
    vwong19 said:

margot said:

Mojoest said:

I wouldn't mind assisting in flooding the market with Rockets if I can find any. I am hoping to score some after my half marathon Sunday morning... I might be too late since my pace won't allow me to get to the store when it opens.

Run Forrest, run!
    If you could help flood the market I'm sure many of us in Europe would be most grateful as getting anything from TRU can be a bit hit and miss!

• krklintkrklint Member Posts: 500
    time to check out what I call the ghetto TRU in my area. I have about 5 of them here in Miami, but one of them tends to "hide" these date sensitive sets in arms reach. Guess I might need to dust off my not-so-nice truck and head into the ghetto to take a look :)
    Mojoest
    I just called a TRU that shows 50 in stock and was told that the poly is going to be a giveaway...
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,435
    margot said:

I just called a TRU that shows 50 in stock and was told that the poly is going to be a giveaway...

Ugh, but knowing TRU they will be put out on a shelf for anyone to buy, as I believe the Robin Poly was supposed to be a giveaway as well, but they put them out for sale a week before the promo.
    ^They sure did that with Robin. I still have a whole bunch.
    prevere said:

^They sure did that with Robin. I still have a whole bunch.

As do I. I mean anything can happen, but my guess is that TRU will have these on a rack to buy before any promo
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 517
    @prevere or @madforLEGO‌... do either of you fancy sending a couple to Blighty? :D
    ^Sure, just pm me for cost or trade options. International shipping is always so annoying for such small packages. I'm in Ohio.
    obi_g
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 271
    The registers may not allow these to be sold before the street date. That was the case with the current Batwing poly. Our LEGO rep put them out early twice, but when someone tried to buy it the register would not allow the sale. then we had to take them all off the pegs and put them back in the product hole space.

There seems to be a lot of street dated polys coming through TRU right now. In addition to Rocket Raccoon, my store has at least two other polys dated 11/16 ( #30262 Gorzan's Walker and #30271 Mikey's Mini-Shellraiser). We also just received #5002144 Dareth vs. Nindroid, but I don't know the date for that one.
    thenosstarfailure
    There is another thread for those wanting the RR polybag.
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/17288/wanted-rocket-raccoon-polybag#latest

If I can get my hands on extras I would not mind helping out fellow Bricksetters, but judging by the demand it will be tight.
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    @NeilJam‌ In which state is your TRU located?

As of this afternoon, the West Coast, U.S. TRUs have not received their Raccoons. The distribution center in So. California has 23,000 units at hand, but they haven't gone out (yet).

One of my local TRUs (Mission Viejo) staff indicated that she thought it might be part of a promo, but then rescinded when a price per unit came up on the store's computer as $5, and she confirmed I could purchase them once they're in stock. I am hopeful, and will let the Forum know if I'm successful, and if there's an allotment (as my 4 are spoken for).
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 136
    LegoKip said:

@NeilJam‌ In which state is your TRU located?

As of this afternoon, the West Coast, U.S. TRUs have not received their Raccoons. The distribution center in So. California has 23,000 units at hand, but they haven't gone out (yet).

One of my local TRUs (Mission Viejo) staff indicated that she thought it might be part of a promo, but then rescinded when a price per unit came up on the store's computer as $5, and she confirmed I could purchase them once they're in stock. I am hopeful, and will let the Forum know if I'm successful, and if there's an allotment (as my 4 are spoken for).

My store in TN had them out for sale on Sunday last week...after trying to buy 4 they had to go pull them off the floor. The manager stated I could come back and get them on 11/16 and sat me 4 aside.
    LegoKip
    This is a promo figure like Shirtless Darth Maul not a regular polybag. I just had one in hand. The store that had these has the Batwing promo out for sale but is not going to be doing that for this figure it seems. Might be looking grim for getting a bunch.
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    My TRU didn't have any on the shelf, and I know the manager to be a bit grumpy so I didn't bother asking anyone.
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 365
    edited November 2014
    @margot‌ - how do you check stock for Toysrus? I saw the sku number posted earlier, but a simple search on the website doesn't pull up anything. Any tips would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know if these will be available online as well? I am potentially ordering something from them online (not in my local stores) and would wait to add one or two of these if I could. Thanks!
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 461
    margot said:

This is a promo figure like Shirtless Darth Maul not a regular polybag. I just had one in hand. The store that had these has the Batwing promo out for sale but is not going to be doing that for this figure it seems. Might be looking grim for getting a bunch.

So what exactly is the promo, buy $xx and get the minifig free?
    @‌Ronyar

Thanos75 posted the numbers on page 1 of this thread, but they are:

The Tru# is 084829
    The SKU# is 673419218139

I recommend using that first 6-digit number when contacting TRU, as that seems to be the easiest for them to use in accessing information. Not sure if these will be available online, but if I find out, I'll let you know and post it here.
    madforLEGOEddieDoesntMind
  • RonyarRonyar Member Posts: 365
    @LegoKip‌ - Thanks. Didn't know if there was a way to search using the Tru# or SKU# online. If you can only do so by contacting the stores directly, that is good to know.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,242
    ^ you can use the TRU Rweb number in the search on the website
    @Ronyar, I asked the TRU staff to search the R web number for me. 084829. When they didn't show any in stock in their store they searchd for surrounding stores and the quantities popped up. You can just ask them how many are showing at other stores.
    From what I am seeing regular TRUs are getting 50 per store. One store has 200- it's near a city so probably a pretty high traffic store.
    edited November 2014

So what exactly is the promo, buy $xx and get the minifig free?

No one seemed to have that information.

• Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,853
    I just got back from the store by work. They had the polys out but would not sell them before the street date. The manager that was called over already had two in his hand that someone else had just tried to buy, and he was already on his way to take them off the shelf when he was called over for me. He said the night crew probably unpacked them by mistake. He did put four of them on hold for me to come back and buy on Sunday. This is the same store that put a week one Bricktober set on hold for me while I was out of town, so their customer service does not surprise me.
    Glad to hear that they are selling them. Where did they have them out since they don't have the holes to hang up?
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 136
    margot said:

Glad to hear that they are selling them. Where did they have them out since they don't have the holes to hang up?

Mine had about 75-100 dumped in a big bin in the lego aisle.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,853
    They had a couple wire bins hanging from a shelf in the LEGO section. Both bins were stuffed full.

He did mention they were for a promo, but that I should have no trouble buying them on Sunday.
    Well, I finally found them at the Seal Beach, CA TRU. There is no display because the polybags are stored away behind the Customer Service Desk. However, they are holding 4 for me -- that seems to be the maximum you can buy -- to be purchased no earlier than this Sunday. The manager informed me that the employees could be fined if these were sold before the release date. I haven't heard that explanation before on any TRU exclusive or promo.

The good news, besides the reserved Raccoons, is that Dareth has appeared in California for the first time (I think, unless one of you have seen him here previously)! Price for 5002144-1 is $5.00.

They had a couple wire bins hanging from a shelf in the LEGO section. Both bins were stuffed full.

He did mention they were for a promo, but that I should have no trouble buying them on Sunday.

So it will likely be like the Robin poly situation. The promo is probably a week later and likely they will be sold out of them by then.
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 271

So it will likely be like the Robin poly situation. The promo is probably a week later and likely they will be sold out of them by then.

That is likely to be the case with Rocket Raccoon. We know it can't be sold until 11/16, but there is another date in the system for this one which I assume is for a promo.

I think most stores should get 200 of this poly since that is the quantity for a full case.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 688
    But what's the deal with the exclusive sell date? I don't remember Robin & Red Cycle being anything like that. I plan on hitting my TRU on Sunday....but like usual, my TRU gets polys a week or two behind everyone else and I asked about it on Thursday and one manager had no idea what I was talking about. Not surprised. Has there ever been a specific date before? Usually it's there when it's there, some get it one week, others a week or two later. Now people are saying they were out on the shelves and pulled back until 11/16? What's so special about this date?
  • LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    LegoKip said:

Well, I finally found them at the Seal Beach, CA TRU. There is no display because the polybags are stored away behind the Customer Service Desk.

Thanks for the tip LegoKip. I stopped off at the SB store and had them hold a couple for me, as well as a few other polys that will be released the same day.
    LegoKip
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 517
    not listed on the US website yet :(
  • ThirdBuckEyeThirdBuckEye Member Posts: 44
    Just left a store in Heath Ohio. Nobody knew anything about it. Still not showing up online.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    scotty12 said:

But what's the deal with the exclusive sell date? I don't remember Robin & Red Cycle being anything like that. Has there ever been a specific date before?

It seems to be a new trend for polybags, at least at TRU. Friends Jungle Boat also had a strict release date.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    edited November 2014
    ^ dammit. I'm at that exact store right now and just drove an $&*!? hour to get here!!!!
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    The store I stopped at just now had 200 of them, all in the back. Showed them the 084829 number and they got them all out and put them on display.
    margot
  • ThirdBuckEyeThirdBuckEye Member Posts: 44
    Luckily I tend bar at longhorn 2 blocks away and work this morning. You should stop in for lunch. I should have just went to the one on Hamilton road.
    CircleK
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055

Luckily I tend bar at longhorn 2 blocks away and work this morning. You should stop in for lunch. I should have just went to the one on Hamilton road.

I had an associate check the R #. She wasn't seeing them show up at any of the central Ohio area stores. Stopping in to longhorn for lunch would be nice, but I promised the wife this would be a quick in and out mission.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    @CircleK‌ ..... Isn't there still a TRU in Elyria? They should be stocked because I don't think anyone even lives in Elyria any more.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    CircleK said:

but I promised the wife this would be a quick in and out mission.

pitfall69 post in 3... 2... 1....

CircleKRonyarThirdBuckEyemargotsidersddBumblepants
    Finally figured out why they kept saying they scanned as a promo... Because the purchase of Rocket Raccoon qualifies for the Shellraiser promo. Sigh...

My TRU had numerous calls all yesterday about this poly. People asking to have 40 held to the side etc. They said no. But unfortunately they haven't gotten the polys off of the truck yet. They are going to hold some for me but "just for you..." they said. :-) My son, his friend, and I were the only ones standing outside of TRU at 9 am this morning.
  • pumperxpumperx Member Posts: 106
    My store just have them out. Looks like about 200 of these.