Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    Thanks; posted on the main site too :-)
  • RavenhookRavenhook Member Posts: 70
    It's listed as an exclusive. Does anyone know where this is likely to be available to buy besides [email protected]?

Is it likely to show up on Amazon before long? The Winter Post Office is also listed on [email protected] as an exclusive (coming Oct 1) but Amazon has sold Winter Toy Shop and Bakery previously, so presumably Post Office too.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ^ The Toy Shop and Bakery took quite a while to arrive on Amazon, I don't think that the Toy Shop showed up until last year.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    edited September 2011
    The first we ever heard of the Toy Shop set was from Amazon Japan ...
    http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=299

LEGO play a bit fast & loose with the 'exclusive' label IMHO. Sometimes (rarely) the sets are only ever available through the Brand/Imagination stores & from their on-line store. More often the 'exclusive' sets are eventually available through select retailers (most often Amazon (in multiple countries) & TRU online (and sometimes TRU's flapship stores, like the Times Square store in NYC)) in North America).

There are lots of examples of 'exclusive' sets turning up in general retailers in countries where LEGO don't have a bricks-and-mortar retail presence (e.g. the UCS Falcon in Australia). IIRC the Toy Shop ended up being available pretty much everywhere in the UK - I know of small independent toy shops that were able to buy cases of it direct from LEGO that first Christmas.

The 'exclusives' have also been turning up at LEGOLAND & Discovery Centre shops fairly regularly in recent times too.

I doubt anybody knows if or when the Camper Van will turn up elsewhere; I've been told that LEGO's marketing folk often use the 'exclusives' as deal sweeteners when trying to sell stock to their big retail customers. My guess is that it will turn up through other outlets eventually, but it might not be for a few months.
  • julian977julian977 UKMember Posts: 65
    I've just ordered one from Lego [email protected] UK site. Yay! It's 22.50 on the 26th as I type btw. Free postage and allegedly extra 50 vip points until the 30th.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Wow! Anyone know if this will be available from any other outlets in the UK?
  • asherkobinasherkobin Member Posts: 104
    Great place to see this model in real life: http://vwspijlbus.blogspot.com/
  • julian977julian977 UKMember Posts: 65
    Wow! Anyone know if this will be available from any other outlets in the UK?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150668401839&clk_rvr_id=269498101862&item=150668401839&lgeo=1&vectorid=229508

This ebay shop have it for only £199! And the small print says only 15 days delivery!

Am I bitter and twisted, or is this seller waiting for someone to order one, ordering it from [email protected] and then netting about £100 profit after all fees?

Hmmm.

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    ^ yep! and if the ebay general buying public over there is anything like that here on the other side of the pond, it will work too. What's that old P.T. Barnum quote again.... ?
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    ^^ Wouldnt worry, I got one from the lego shop, its great!
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    The VW Van is going on my X-mas list this year