Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Famous film scenes in Lego

margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
plasmodiumBooTheMightyHamsterDaraghdougtsstruddieBricktick

Comments

• ilovebennyilovebenny Member Posts: 5
    Haha I loved this. The Shining and Laurel and Hardy ones were my favourites. Thanks for sharing :)
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,704
    Aaargh. It was just a big advert! And I got suckered in. I'd prefer it if it didn't use loads of custom printed pieces.
    Andor
  • pixiepixie Member Posts: 19
    Nice.
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 908
    £5 in the Christmas books aisle of your local Sainsburys - picked up a copy for my wife to give me for my birthday this morning :)
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    andhe said:

Aaargh. It was just a big advert! And I got suckered in. I'd prefer it if it didn't use loads of custom printed pieces.

I watched it and enjoyed it and didn't have a clue it was an ad. :-)

What movie is at :42? Is that Splash?
    Seems that all the custom figs are also available for sale at minifigs.me
    http://minifigs.me/product-category/our-minifigs/brick-flicks/
    margot said:

What movie is at :42? Is that Splash?

After E.T? It's Ursula Andress/Honey Ryder coming out of the see in 'Dr. No'. The Bond theme briefly slips in towards the end of the clip.

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,950
    Yeah, it didn't register with me that it was an ad. So was it an ad for minifgs.me's minfigs, or did it just feature them?
  • pixiepixie Member Posts: 19
    Nice.
    edited October 2014

Yeah, it didn't register with me that it was an ad. So was it an ad for minifgs.me's minfigs, or did it just feature them?

I guess people don't watch things to the end anymore... (2:08-2:14) It's Warren Elsmore's new book (though the actual animation seems to be by someone else), I guess Minifigs.me created the custom figures for it.

It looks great, but for me, it's seems a bit like cheating... One of the things I love about seeing builds like this is the clever use of existing parts (even if they're rare) to create something recognisable.

What I call the "I've got that figure/piece!" factor (trademark pending).
    plasmodiumAndor
    edited October 2014
    andhe said:

After E.T? It's Ursula Andress/Honey Ryder coming out of the see in 'Dr. No'. The Bond theme briefly slips in towards the end of the clip.

Thanks.

@ilovebenny, I really like the Shining clip too!
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,950
    andhe said:

I guess people don't watch things to the end anymore... (2:08-2:14) It's Warren Elsmore's new book (though the actual animation seems to be by someone else), I guess Minifigs.me created the custom figures for it.

It looks great, but for me, it's seems a bit like cheating... One of the things I love about seeing builds like this is the clever use of existing parts (even if they're rare) to create something recognisable.

What I call the "I've got that figure/piece!" factor (trademark pending).
    I watched it to the end yesterday, but I guess it just didn't significantly impact me. :-P

I absolutely agree with your "I've got that piece" factor, though.
    Andor
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 987
    The video is well done but I was disappointed with the book when I flicked through it in Waterstones. I thought the standard of photography was very poor.