Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hallowe'en Stop Mo Competition

JasenJasen Member Posts: 283
edited September 2011 in Photography/Video
Gday all
I do alot of stop-mo with Lego and there is a comp running at the moment:

Yeah 3 minifigs to the winner but hey, a winner is a winner. Publicity is publicity.
The last comp I entered had no prizes except for you tube "subs" etc but it is an opportunity to network so if you're into Lego Stop-Mo give it a go....

This is my current entry if your interested.... (sorry no Star Wars haha)

Jasen

Comments

• RavenhookRavenhook Member Posts: 70
    Chuckle. I think I'd throw a glass of water over that wicked witch of the west, my pretty!

Never having done one, how long does a Stop-Mo of that length take to produce?
  • JasenJasen Member Posts: 283
    This one took a month. 2 days of photos and the rest was doing the lip syncing :)
    Actual hours would have been about 80 or 90.:)
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Cool thanks Jasen. I just started getting into stop motion. I started making really short films just experimenting to see how long it takes to make. Then I made a decent length one but its just a stop motion build of the grand emporium. I recently set up a youtube page but not really promoting it till I make a video work watching lol. I'm gonna try to get a video made up for this competition I guess, good experience.
    No worries @yys4u but what you are referring to is actually Time Lapse eg:

They are pretty cool though, wouldn't mind a link to yours as I don't have any of those bigger sets and am keen to see them :)

Yeah make a vid and enter, you never know. I actually won one a few months back which totally surprised me so yeah - get into it :D
    It can be time consuming but well worth it. When I finish one I usually watch it over and over (mainly to scrutinise but) to just watch and take it all in :D
    haha ok here's my time lapse.

There's still a lot of things I'm trying to work out. Like I'm still using windows movie maker and want to move to a program that has a library of sound effects. And since I don't have the majority of my collection and bricks here at my apartment, I'm struggling to decide on a background and set basically. I think I'm just gonna start slow and use different colored poster boards for background.
    Yea movie maker is a good start, up until the last one that was all I used.
    As for backgrounds, I found those "plastic cardboard" election posters to be gold. JUst go for a wander after dark and collect them :)
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,313
    Ah man, I SO want to buy the grand emporium now... what a great build! And thanks for sharing the video.
    haha thanks @andhe now I wish you'd write that in the youtube comments so its not just me and my friend going back in forth all the time lol.
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,327
    How do I make a film? What do I need?
  • BustinBustin Member Posts: 286
    edited September 2011
    I'm not sure how the embedding is coded here on this forum but here are a few I was working on with the kids I worked with before going to Afghanistan last year. We never got around to the photoshop special effects.

Edited by @Matthew - 27/09/11 21.22 BST - Reason: Embedded videos
    @Bustin wow I'm surprised the first video has so many views even without sound! They look pretty good considering the length, every time I make a vid and think its cool I play it and its only like 10 seconds lol.

@collect_that you pretty much just need a camera and windows movie maker (which should come with your pc if you have windows). Or if you have a mac I think they have another program too. You can actually google "how to make lego stop motion" or youtube it and theres some decent starter vids, thats what I did..\
  • BustinBustin Member Posts: 286
    Unfortunately I left for Afghanistan before the kids could finish with the effects and sound.
    @yys4u I can tell you exactly why the first one has so many hits - 2 words "Star Wars" haha.
    I'm making one of those next I think. It is def the flavour of Lego Stop-Mo :)

@collect_that - yeah the advice @yys4u gave is pretty much it. That's how I started. Now I use Adobe Flash to put mine together and do the effects.
    Sound I add thru MovieMaker still :)