What are you buying right now ?

Comments

• RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 343
    I'd been putting off getting the Pet Shop for a while now. But since it's now marked as retiring soon, we've agreed it can be a Christmas present from my wife. So the order's gone in this evening!
    TheMaker37BumblepantsAll_That_RocksBrickaholicMrJ_NY
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    Good morning at my not-very-local LEGO Store. They had a bunch of damaged box Disney Castles with $50 of VIP points off. They might have more if @SumoLego cared and hasn't already gotten a dozen from his other sources ;)
    TheMaker37Yodaliciouskiki180703Bricklover18
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,179
    More Christmas presents shopping for nieces/nephews this weekend:

#75122 General Grievous is for me though, as my first constraction set. Will find out whether it is my gateway drug into the constraction range...
    Both City sets are for myself as well; previously my most recent garbage truck was 1987's #6693...
    TheMaker37catwranglerdspigelbandit778josekalelstarwars4everkiki180703MrJ_NYMooreFX
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,780
    Got started with Christmas shopping as Ninjago has buy 2 get them both 30% off deal going on locally. Pretty much amounted to a free Raid Zeppelin alongside the Misfortune Keep. Looking forward to the many ninja-pirate conflicts coming to our home! 
    stluxTheOriginalSimonBdspigelricecakebandit778kiki180703
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    Got #31052 Vacation Getaway with Target, it's just a matter of picking it up today...and I might try to build it, so that I can have another vehicle in my town. 
    TheMaker37kiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,859
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    Have not found anything in Katy, TX yet; but ordered #60103 Airport Air Show from Amazon and had it ship to my office back home.

Tempted to order a third #31052 Vacation Getaways to build the house.
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    edited October 2016
    #60098 heavy haul train

i have every train you can buy right now from [email protected] now  :)
    ClutchPowerLEGO_Dad77josekaleldavetheoxygenmanTheMaker37kiki180703DeeC2_JoshMooreFX
    brumey said:
    #60098 heavy haul train

i have every train you can buy right now from [email protected] now  :)
    I envy you...been wanting to get #60051 but I've been hoping it could go lower in price than it is currently at Amazon (since it says it's been lower before). 
    edited October 2016
    Following my order of 100 2x2 grey tiles last month, I ordered 300 more from PAB to really get a proper pavement going for my city... Next month I'll probably decide I need to order 500 more :p
    SumoLegojosekalelDeeC2_JoshasrfarinhaJudgeChuck
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    @dspigel Your wallet will hate you forever more.  Now you'll just have to get PR, DO and BB as well.  And AS in the new year.  And then make a start on Bricklinking the retired models...!

Welcome to the dark side!
  • historicalhistorical Member Posts: 19

I caved and bought the pet shop as my christmas present. I was going to wait until black friday for the snowglobe, but if it sold out before then, I would regret it. This is my first one.

I have wanted the modular buildings since they came out when I was starting college, but never purchased due to college expenses at the time. have accepted the fact that the retired ones will never be in my price range, so I figured the pet shop is a good start :)

LegogramClutchPowerBumblepantsBriking
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 497
    I am working on getting 8 BL orders paid for so I can build my Johnny 5. I bought the PDF when it was first available but lacked the money to buy the parts until now. I decided to limit the store selection to North America to hopefully cut down on the shipping time.

Also, while not buying it myself, I am trying to convince my Dad that he should buy me LEGO for my birthday this Thursday. Or at least give me the cash to buy it myself. 
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 430
    Briking said:
    @dspigel Your wallet will hate you forever more.  Now you'll just have to get PR, DO and BB as well.  And AS in the new year.  And then make a start on Bricklinking the retired models...!

Welcome to the dark side!
    I know what you mean! I plan on getting the DO before the end of the month. I might as well cash in on the double points. 
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,371
    Got 2 Brick Banks and a City Advent calendar for myself this morning; Friends Advent Calendar for my daughter, too. Going to feel up some more banana guy CMFs tonight, I think.
    LEGO_Dad77kiki180703
    Just ordered #21108 Ecto-1 from Amazon (still deciding whether to get the one from the new movie), along with the Akro Mils organizer...I missed on getting the Garbage truck and it went $5 up in price :(. 
    LEGO_Dad77kiki180703
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    from smyths.
    #70323 Jestro's Volcano Lair RRP £99.99 got for £61.99.

that's 1 more Nexo knights set off the list.
    still need Merloks Library sold by tesco only from wave 1, as well as Macy's Thunder Mace and Axl's Tower Carrier from wave 2.

but soon i will have to start thinking about Wave 3....
    catwranglerkiki180703
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,093
    stlux said:
    Following my order of 100 2x2 grey tiles last month, I ordered 300 more from PAB to really get a proper pavement going for my city... Next month I'll probably decide I need to order 500 more :p
    LOL! I did exactly the same thing about a week ago... Foolishly, I didn't do my (very basic) sums and work out how many I actually needed to cover 4 road baseplates, so a second order went in last night... :-)

One thing that I did get right was to order the extra parts to make up a few additional trees, the same as the ones outside the DO, and also for two benches. I've got plenty of lamp posts, so they went up a few days ago. :-)

Once all that is done, I need to start on the park, based around two of the #40221 Fountain polybags, one using the male and one the female figure.
    stluxbandit778LEGO_Dad77chrisalddinkiki180703
    And now I need trees. And benches...
    bandit778LEGO_Dad77chrisalddinJudgeChuckkiki180703
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,226
    I just bought #41129 after having not bought any small sets (minus CMFs) for ages... I feel guilty for breaking my self imposed no small set rule.  But... Hot Dog stand!  How could I resist???
    LegogramLEGO_Dad77TheMaker37kiki180703
    #60118 Garbage Truck went back to under $15, so i got it, along with #60081 Pickup Tow Truck...more vehicles for my town. 
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 430
    I bought the NRG dragon since it was $31 on Amazon.
    TheOriginalSimonBLEGO_Dad77kiki180703
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,093
    stlux said:
    :-)

I just duplicated the small bench that is outside the Parisian Restaurant for the time being, but made it 6 studs wide, as opposed to only 4.
    LEGO_Dad77TheMaker37kiki180703
  • VaderFan2187VaderFan2187 MustafarMember Posts: 15
    Bought 75139 Battle on Takodana not long ago. Got 30305 for free with it :-D
    stlux said:
    :-)

I just duplicated the small bench that is outside the Parisian Restaurant for the time being, but made it 6 studs wide, as opposed to only 4.
    Don't have PR yet, but checked the instructions online and will add those parts to my next PAB order :)
    For trees, do you use the ones from DO/FB?
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 485

3 orders, 3 free 24-in-1 Christmas Builds, 3 free Parrots, 3 free catalogues and 2 sets of stickers
    stluxkhmellymelcatwranglerDeeC2_JoshasrfarinhaMrJ_NYkiki180703TheMaker37MooreFX
    Very jealous of the stickers! None came with my TLG parcel today :(
    Originally only wanted #75904 Mystery Mansion and #75902 Mystery Machine, but have now finally caved in and ordered the rest of the Scooby-Doo sets as well...
    catwranglerLegogrambandit778kiki180703Yodalicious
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,281
    you're?
    dspigelsid3windr
  • LegogramLegogram PA USAMember Posts: 314
    Picked up #10246 Detective's Office, #40203 Halloween Vampire for 4.99, a couple of Christmas Ornaments, #5001622 Store Employee minifigs, and a couple of keychains before dbl points ran out.  Didn't find anything interesting in the PAB, but the minifig 3 packs had solid mint green and pale blue legs (sorry, I don't know official color names).  In the accessories, they had the statuette that looks like what the movie star cmf has, as well as the lasso for the cowgirl.  Also got a 24 in 1 set, since the store still had a few left.
    DeeC2_Joshjosekalellego007TheMaker37
    Used the current Amazon UK discounts to buy #75913 F14 T & Scuderia Ferrari Truck and #41133 Amusement Park Bumper Cars. That's me all set for Lego-related Christmas gifts this year for my nieces. Nephews already all set since last week, so now all Lego shopping for the rest of the year will be exclusively for me, myself and I! :)
    LegogramMegtheCat
  • kizkizkizkiz londonMember Posts: 95
    Fauch said:
    you're?
    Lol.
    I couldn't help but jump straight to that too.
    "Luke, I am you are grandfather"
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 995
    Almost bought the Friends Advent Calendar to get the bowling ally........but then didn't.
  • asrfarinhaasrfarinha Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 138
    edited October 2016
    Got me a second 76052. Way over my "allowance" for October...
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    Just had to ship my Brick Bank back to Lego since they put my 24 in One set on top & it put a huge crease in the front of BB box. (sigh)
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 995
    @asrfarinha...do you like that set as a whole or are you just after pieces of it?
    Caved early on the TBBT and Pet Shop sets due to the announcement of them being retired on November 2nd... Good thing I made a budget and am keeping to it *ahem*
    DeeC2_Josh
  • asrfarinhaasrfarinha Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 138
    ryjay said:
    @asrfarinha...do you like that set as a whole or are you just after pieces of it?
    It's mostly for the pieces and to take advantage of a decent enough deal on Smyths.
    Went to yet another Walmart and found #70604 Tiger Widow Island; I'm not a Ninjago fan but I liked the way the set looks in the box, so I got it at $25.

I also got #70334 Ultimate Beast Master since it was $3.
    LEGO_Dad77
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    60115 4 x 4 Off Roader - Went to TRU for the Frankenstein free build with my grandson and made them pricematch Target $12.39 - TRU shelf price was 24.79
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,815

sid3windr said:
    Caved early on the TBBT and Pet Shop sets due to the announcement of them being retired on November 2nd... Good thing I made a budget and am keeping to it *ahem*

Retirement announcement? It's on backorder right now, to ship no later than 2nd Nov with [email protected] UK. Are you saying there's one more run?
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    Well the plan was to pickup the Yellow Submarine and get it signed by the Designer at the Liverpool store but I turned up around 11.30 and they had already sold out.  Not to worry I used the money to buy Dimensions for the PS4 (with Supergirl) and 3 fun packs.

Happy with that.
    LEGO_Dad77

Retirement announcement? It's on backorder right now, to ship no later than 2nd Nov with [email protected] UK. Are you saying there's one more run?
    It was announced to be retired on 2/11 on zusammengabaut.com together with a few ideas sets (EU ony?). Not sure of the accuracy, but I wasn't going to risk it ;)
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,321
    Just ordered my personal most expensive set ever from [email protected] with double VIP (a whopping 659) points. I was not planning on buying such an expensive set, but since it will retire soon, instead of buying the Parisian Restaurant, or the other soon to be retired sets: Ghost Busters Ecto One ideas set, and maybe Wall-E, I choose to get the Sand Crawler

Ever since it came out I wanted this set, but it is really expensive, and I kept putting it off because of that. Now I thought: it is now or probably never! Even though it is actually really in excess of my budget. Having gone somewhat bezerk ordering this, I won't be buying anything else for the coming time.

It also means I probably will not ever get the Ecto One set, and will probably cross that Ghost Busters headquarters set of my wish list either. What is the point of buying that set, IF I can afford it, and IF I don't have the car to go along with it (I am not all that interested in the other GB car from the new movie). Don't know if it makes sense to other people as that huge GB headquarter set is just epic, but I can't collect everything anyway, and I am not, or have ever been a huge GB movies and/or cartoon series fan. So I am happy with my choice to get another SW set to add to my ever growing SW Lego collection.

ps.
    It will also come with set #40222, a very nice bonus.
    josekalelBrickDancerSeanTheCollectorbandit778TheMaker37LEGO_Dad77

I won't be buying anything else for the coming time.

Good choice, but I don't think you'll be able to follow through with that...
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    For those interested, the LEGO store at downtown Disney in Florida has Temple of Airjitzu back in stock at 50% off. They have 8...well, 7 now ;)
    pharmjodYodaliciouskiki180703
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 322
    I picked up the Beatles set this morning and got the tin soldier ornament.
    MooreFXkiki180703
  • MooreFXMooreFX CaliforniaMember Posts: 72
    I picked up the Beatles set this morning and got the tin soldier ornament.
    I did the same.   It is fun getting a set on the first day it is released
    sweetness34kiki180703