Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Disappearing VIP points

Has anyone else logged on to lego shop to find their VIP points have disappeared, Friday I was putting together a pick a brick order and have logged on to finish it today and my VIP balance has gone from £25 to £5 and of course I can't call to see what's happened as it's the weekend! Anyone else experienced the same thing?

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy Member Posts: 8,825
    edited October 2014
    If you log in whilst in the store, click 'View your Account' under your username in the top righ TT corner and then the tab marked 'Account History'. If the points have been redeemed the transaction will show up at the top of the list. If the points have expired because they're over 2 years old, you'll need to call up CS, although I believe they only expire at the end of the next calendar year after the 2 years.

Failing that, there were a few days last year I think it was, whereby tere system failed and was displaying the wrong number of points. Again, a call to CS in the morning should reveal if that's the case.
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily Member Posts: 661
    Thanks for that I had already checked the account history which only goes back to August which is showing as 0 but since then I have earned 198 points and it's only showing as 103 so I'm guessing it is some kinda glitch - will definitely be calling on Monday
  • joel4motionjoel4motion Member Posts: 959
    Happened to me last year. At one point I was showing a negative balance of -300ish when I should have had about 1200. They really struggled to reset the account and in the end gave me a new VIP account and £20 worth of points for my trouble. Good luck, it may be a bit of a slog to get it sorted...
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John Member Posts: 2,405
    ^I had something similar happen to me a couple years ago. TLG Customer Service ended up closing my account as well and opening a new one. They also gave me some free VIP points for the headache. If you call, they will get you taken care of...
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas Member Posts: 8,404
    I've had that happen in the past (about 2 years ago), they took care of it and gave me some free points too.

BTW, Target tends to do the same thing, but with gift cards. Had a box arrive smashed the other day, called up customer service, they said I could ship it back, or just take it to my local Target store and they would give me a $10 gift card for my time and trouble.

That is nice that they see that telling you to drive to a store is a pain and they offer something for the trouble.
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily Member Posts: 661
    Pleased to report that I have spoken with uk CS today and because I could prove how many points I had ( had a receipt from a recent trip to meadowhall) my points have been re-instated and are now burning a whole in my pocket!

Thanks for all the advice guys
    Legoboy
  • NatebwNatebw Member Posts: 339
    Are points applied after shipment? I placed an order on Oct 1, and I don't have my points yet. The sets are en route.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye Member Posts: 1,831
    Natebw said:

Are points applied after shipment? I placed an order on Oct 1, and I don't have my points yet. The sets are en route.

I placed an order on Friday, and the VIP points were applied today. I received the usual notification that the order had shipped yesterday, but the tracking info is still at "initiated"; I don't know if the order is actually en route, yet.
  • NatebwNatebw Member Posts: 339
    Hmmm. I will wait until delivered before I contact CS.