Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Pirates 2015 sets pictures!

124»

Comments

• AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,925
    Dedgecko said:
    About the only thing is get the Minifigs together and MOC some additional pirates to fill out the BB

I can't say that I like the new blue coats. Why print over blue instead of white, the contrast is really muddled on the new soldier.

Here's a quick shot of the current cast:
    Nice shot! I think the way they printed the bluecoats makes sense, since this way when you see the minifigure from the side they don't have a thick vertical white stripe surrounding their arms. It is supposed to be a coat, after all! The contrast suffers slightly but I still think it looks really good, certainly much better than the white printing from the Kingdoms figures five years ago.
    Andor
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 824
    I like the new bluecoats. It is amazing how much more blue their torsos look without the white border around the original torso.

Don't get me wrong. I love the pirates of my youth, but this is a nice homage I think. (And I still prefer the revolutionary soldiers. That's why I have dozens.).
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    Aanchir said:
    Dedgecko said:
    About the only thing is get the Minifigs together and MOC some additional pirates to fill out the BB

I can't say that I like the new blue coats. Why print over blue instead of white, the contrast is really muddled on the new soldier.

Here's a quick shot of the current cast:
    Nice shot! I think the way they printed the bluecoats makes sense, since this way when you see the minifigure from the side they don't have a thick vertical white stripe surrounding their arms. It is supposed to be a coat, after all! The contrast suffers slightly but I still think it looks really good, certainly much better than the white printing from the Kingdoms figures five years ago.
    Ah, I didn't even think about that!!  In that case, yes, as a whole the figure looks better.
    (I must also apologize for the piss poor grammar of my prior statement ---autocorrect did a number on that one).  I'll round up another shot of the current pirate crew.  Mix n match between the original series, the last crop of Castle, and some CMF pieces has created some badass looking pirates!
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    I'm definitely missing some pirates, so I've put my four year old to task to try and find the rest of them!  Here's a more concise image of the crew to date.
    Andor
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    Oh my. That looks like @piratemania7 's collection of pirates ;)
    Andor
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    Looking at these faces and then looking at my 90s collection of pirates I miss the smiles on everyone. Lol Lego has gotten more realistic and some of these pirate folks do not look too happy.