Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Minifigure Series 12 Found at Toys R Us

jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 182
A few days ago, I found the series 12 Minifigures at Toys R Us in St. Peters, Missouri. I found the 3 I still needed to complete the series, but when I went to check out, they wouldn't sell them to me. A store clerk (very helpful!) said that the store had accidentally sold 6 the day before, but were told to pull them and not to sell any more until October 1. They offered to hold the figures for me, which they did. They even took 10% off each one. I go in this store all the time and they are typically very nice, so this was a great example of that.

Comments

• legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    How much is Toys R Us charging, $3.99?
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 800
    $3.99 is showing on their site. I would presume it's the same (or more) in store.
    I haven't found these anywhere on the eastside of Seattle, though I haven't had the time to check my local target who are hopefully selling for $2.99 as reported elsewhere.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    TRU price matches...
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    These figures seem to be worse quality than others in my recent memory. I've collected all series except Simpsons and Lego movie, and maybe its cause I haven't handled a CMF in a while or what, but these seem really lacking in quality...I think this may my final series...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,004
    Quality of parts, or of design?
    edited October 2014
    margot said:

TRU price matches...

Isn't that only good for qty 2, and online/print ads?
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    yys4u said:

These figures seem to be worse quality than others in my recent memory. I've collected all series except Simpsons and Lego movie, and maybe its cause I haven't handled a CMF in a while or what, but these seem really lacking in quality...I think this may my final series...

After opening up and building the whole 16 I have to agree. The hats fit really loose on several of the figs and the lifeguard needs the back of his shorts painted aswell. Looks like a shark took a bite out of his backside.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    I know the Genie Girl doesn't stay on the lamp very well (or I should say she falls off easily) but that is the only one I've handled so far.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    CCC said:

Quality of parts, or of design?

I'm fine with the design, but the quality of parts is horrible. I'm getting really disheartened by how much lego does this too. Battle packs for instance used to be 5 figs for 15 bucks, now its 4 for 15, and the quality is worse. I have have some knock off minifigures that are better quality than the CMF's coming out now...its sad.
    VaderX
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    I just bought 11 different figs in Series 12 and really like their designs. Have not owned them long enough to notice quality differences. Was very lucky that TRU had none on the shelves when I went in this morning, and they found a full box for me to dig through before collecting the Bricktober set with a purchase of 19 of the minifigs.

The higher price means that I will buy about 20 of this series instead of my usual 40 or so. Plus we are running out of space, and this allows me to get about two of each fig I want. If the price is a bit too high, just buy a few less focusing on those you like.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,120
    Just buy them at Target they are still $2.99.
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    Thanks! Have found none at my Target, but will check again tomorrow!
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Seen these everywhere but i'm done with minifigures.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,004
    Thanos75 said:

yys4u said:

After opening up and building the whole 16 I have to agree. The hats fit really loose on several of the figs and the lifeguard needs the back of his shorts painted aswell. Looks like a shark took a bite out of his backside.

This is no different to any minifig in a regular set, they don't print on the back of the legs. In fact, CMF seem to me to have a much wider range of leg printing (going on the side too) in comparison to regular set figures. If you want him to retain all yellow legs, then you'll have to replace them with yellow legs with coloured hips. But then he'll be wearing a thong instead of shorts.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    I bought a full set of 16 + several extras: Here was my experience regarding quality:

Princess: As others have stated, the hat / hair piece is very loose.

Space Miner: I purchased four of these guys: One of them had paint splatters all over his torso armor. The paint was the copper color used for the classic space logo. Honestly, it actually looks kind of cool since you would expect a space miner's armor to be all banged up and dirty, but it's a fault none the less.

Pizza Guy: Factory lines on round pizza tile. It was bad enough that went back to the store and bought a replacement.

Swash Buckler: Yellow torso painting looks horrible and doesn't come close to matching the figs head or hands. This doesn't bother me that much, but several others have complained about it.

CircleK said:

I bought a full set of 16 + several extras: Here was my experience regarding quality:

Space Miner: I purchased four of these guys: One of them had paint splatters all over his torso armor. The paint was the copper color used for the classic space logo. Honestly, it actually looks kind of cool since you would expect a space miner's armor to be all banged up and dirty, but it's a fault none the less.

Pizza Guy: Factory lines on round pizza tile. It was bad enough that went back to the store and bought a replacement.

Swash Buckler: Yellow torso painting looks horrible and doesn't come close to matching the figs head or hands. This doesn't bother me that much, but several others have complained about it.

Did the messy miner still have the print on his shoulder?
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,451
    the 11 I have so far have all been fine. Out of interest where are those with problems posting from?

It would be interesting if there is some geographical correlation. could lead to possible links of heat/humidity etc effecting the plastic in some way?
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Dedgecko said:

CircleK said:

Did the messy miner still have the print on his shoulder?
    yep.