Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[USA] TRU B2G1 Free Sep 18-24

sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
edited September 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
Buy 2 Get 1 Free at TRU from Sep 18-24 on all Lego except Star Wars and PotC.

Comments

• LegogeekLegogeek Orange County, CaliforniaMember Posts: 711
    Whoa! Where'd you see that? Last Lego promo I saw was BOGO50 for Sept 16 & 17.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    On the TRU site. Sorry, on my iPhone right now. I posted pic here on TNB earlier:
    http://toysnbricks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3819

It's the giraffe's birthday.
    Sorry, I'm not a member of TNB, so can't view the forum.

I checked TRU's website and all I see is the BOGO50 sale there.... :oS ??
    You gotta go to the deals section. They typically have the Sunday flyer posted on Saturday.
  • MarkMiltonMarkMilton Member Posts: 6
    a lady at my nearest TRU tipped me off on this yesterday. sounds like i'll be able to finish off my Technic sets!
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Whoa, you let those other people know first?!?! :o). And what's with this No PotC stuff. The movie has been gone for several months!
    ^ heh-heh, yeah, been trying to share the news with both sites. Both have treated me well. I would have done both at the same time this morning but I was in a hurry.

Yeah, the no PotC doesn't make sense unless the new ship is about to be released. At least Harry Potter isn't excluded. Can get Diagon Alley for 33% off, assuming it becomes in stock, and assuming you can pair it up with two other $150 sets.

• JP3804JP3804 Member Posts: 332
    Did anybody notice this says it's in store only when you click on details ?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,865
    edited September 2011
    ^--- Good eye!!!
    'In store only' would make my credit cards breathe a sigh of relief.... Still I may go pick up some smaller sets I have been eying (wonder if the CMFs will be on sale as well)

Speaking of CMF's I noticed that Lego FINALLY has a 'box' UPC code for the CMF's showing the Box price instead of the individual pack price... apparently stores have been tired of their clerks errors ringing up a price of the box for a price of the pack...
  • JP3804JP3804 Member Posts: 332
    ^ Brilliant minds think alike.
  • scrapdscrapd Member Posts: 16
    It is available online. I just checked.
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 361
    Toys R Us hates me and my credit card!!!
    Yeah.. It apparently is available online.. the good news is the CMF's are B2G1F
    TRU advertising strikes again..
    Not too worried though as TRU apparently will never allow for epic purchasing again with their limit one on what appears to be everything online....
    Not to mention I'm guessing not much was left as their was a BOGO last week....
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    mid-priced stuff ($50-$80) can be had online, and many of those sets have a limit of 3. still, finding 3 like-priced items that you want/need can be a bit of a challenge.
    ^-- Yep yep.. The key like you said is what you want/need :-)

I managed ok since I got the TS spy Plane (I only wanted the plane anyways) and Marina (since it was going to only be 34 bucks) and a Castle Prisoner escape (I think the set is called) but getting trains without going to a store will be a pain, since they are priced at 140, 160, 180....

after telling myself i wasn't going to partake this time around, I ended up getting 3x Apple Tree house and 3x Lighthouse Island. The former is actually pretty good value/money with a lot of bricks, roof tiles, etc. i can combine those 3 with the 1 I already had and make a really big house now!

The latter, also to be combined with my existing 5770, will form a good basis for my rather large lighthouse MOC, which is next on my build list now...
  • snowconesnowcone Member Posts: 16
    after telling myself i wasn't going to partake this time around, I ended up getting 3x Apple Tree house and 3x Lighthouse Island. The former is actually pretty good value/money with a lot of bricks, roof tiles, etc. i can combine those 3 with the 1 I already had and make a really big house now!

The latter, also to be combined with my existing 5770, will form a good basis for my rather large lighthouse MOC, which is next on my build list now...
    ^- I'm interested in seeing the big house you build. I like the houses in the Creator theme but never custom build anything yet.
    will do on both the house and lighthouse, once I get them done. May be a bit
  • TalasAntaresTalasAntares Member Posts: 124
    Ahhh! Too bad my Lego budget got totally blown last week on the BOGO50 sale when combined with my rewards certificates and the $10 Bonus cert....ah well. :-)
    ^-- Hah, I did the same thing,Though I got my next rewards points too, so I had 20 bucks in rewards points plus the BOGO. I got 2 more 3677's....
  • RavenhookRavenhook Member Posts: 70
    Anyone had success getting three modulars for the price of two?
    ^ since they only have 2 modulars online (both sold out), and both are limited to 1 per order, it seems unlikely. I would have done FB, GE, and Diagon alley, but both the modulars have been out of stock pretty much since the sale started (they all sold out on the previous BOGO1/2
  • AlczervikAlczervik Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2011
    anyone who is keen on getting a set should go back over today, they seem to have restocked some items i was considering, ie cargo train, winter bakery, also the duplo starter train which is sure to make a good gift.

I was going to order the three adult trains or two trains and diagon alley, although it was too much money for me to spend right now. I ended up getting two duplo train starters, and the bakery which ive been wanting anyway. Hopefully i am not waiting too long to order the yellow cargo, as it seems like it will be retired soon with the red one in existence. I need to start finding way to make more money :)

thanks op for posting