Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO DC Super Heroes 2015 sets

Comments

• monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 315
    I've only seen it at Target, but Target is also the only place I've seen the sets so far, haha.
    VBaskin2008
  • WanderingBearWanderingBear Member Posts: 4
    Do you guys like the new capes? I think they look terrible around the neck. I heard that LEGO did this because kids at research meetings were complaining that Minifigures with capes wouldn't fit inside vehicles. IDK, I just think the pre 2015 capes look nicer...
    VBaskin2008
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    Yeah I just got the Brainiac Attack set and the new capes stink. The only caped minifigures I'd really like to have be able to sit are Gandalf and Saruman and of course there's no new capes for them.
    VBaskin2008
    I'm not a huge fan, but for play purposes, which is what they're going for, the capes are great. Kids I don't think really care about the material as much as we do. The old capes were great for display purposes, but not for play. And having them sit in their respective vehicles without cape issues is a trade-off I'm willing to make.
    VBaskin2008
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,381
    I'll champion the new capes. They are both softer and more durable than the older ones, personally I don't see anything wrong with the neck line. The new Cape with the new cowl looks fantastic on Batman. And it wasn't just kids that got annoyed that the old Cape offered no versatility when placing figures in vehicles. Actually I'm tempted to source a load of them and switch out for the old ones.
    VBaskin2008
    Having just put together 3 of the sets, the new capes do bulk up more at the neckline, and tend to look bulky. But, I still support them.
    VBaskin2008
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,547
    edited January 2015
    I just can't keep up with all the DC TV show news!
    So it turns out there's going to be a Supergirl show on CBS later this year's too, but with the same exec producer as Arrow and Flash and possibly allowing for crossovers due to network affiliations or whatever.
    So many possibilities with maybe 4 related shows (If Atom happens). While Warner Bros are still lagging behind in getting their first "universe" film released!

(Maybe we should have a separate thread for comic book based media-related stuff when it doesn't have an impact on Lego sets?)
    carlqBrickDancerchuckpVBaskin2008
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I've noticed the cape does look bulky around the neck, but supposedly it won't get scrunched when you put on the hair. That is one main problem with all of these longer haired invididuals. Now if only we could get some colors for the LOTR Elves, since their hair is so long. But Supergirl seems to be okay with her new cape. But Superman looks like a little boy in his father's pajamas trying to play superhero...fail.
    VBaskin2008
    @LostInTranslation‌ I can safely say one DC TV show to avoid is Constantine. I tried to like it but after five episodes I gave up, I beleive it has been canceled after one season, also safe to say we will never see John Consatantine in lego form
    VBaskin2008
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,347

@LostInTranslation‌ I can safely say one DC TV show to avoid is Constantine. I tried to like it but after five episodes I gave up, I beleive it has been canceled after one season, also safe to say we will never see John Consatantine in lego form

Maybe not but I would love a SwampThing big fig....maybe he can come with a constantine minifig :D
    VBaskin2008
  • thedoctor46thedoctor46 UKMember Posts: 205
    I've really not been enjoying Gotham, the show would work better with less Bruce Wayne.
    VBaskin2008
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,282
    edited January 2015
    ^ I couldn't agree more. Arrow is excellent, although the villains can be pretty weak at times. The Flash is even better in my opinion as I love how Grant Gustin portrays the character.

Gotham on the other hand is frustrating to watch. I don't like how Catwoman, Ivy, Nigma, Alfred or Falcone are being presented and, annoyingly, we will never see Batman in the show as it won't last nearly long enough for that.

I wish we could have a Batman TV show in the same style as Arrow. Batman's rogues gallery is better than any other group and the villains have been the issue in other superhero series.

@LostInTranslation‌ - Done!
    AdzbadboyVBaskin2008
    Thanks Chris. I shall post there later.

Since we heard about the minifigs in the forthcoming Jokerland set, I have been wondering when we might get another possibly updated Catwoman minifigure, seeing as Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn are both appearing for the 3rd time in various incarnations in that set yet we have only had one Catwoman, back in the first wave.

Now with the pics of the hairpiece of Tiger Girl from series 14 CMFs I'm wondering If we will be getting a 1960s Catwoman as that hairpiece would be spot on for her. I only hope that if they do do this figure it's not a convention exclusive....

I also think the zombie cheerleader hair has excellent potential for reuse for the Harley Quinn fig in Jokerland.
    rancorbaitCapnRex101VBaskin2008
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,288
    I actually thought that hair piece was more likely for a Cheetah minifigure than a 60s catwoman. I'd love to be proven wrong and get a set based on Batman 66 but I'm not holding out too much hope on that.
    VBaskin2008
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850

Thanks Chris. I shall post there later.

Since we heard about the minifigs in the forthcoming Jokerland set, I have been wondering when we might get another possibly updated Catwoman minifigure, seeing as Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn are both appearing for the 3rd time in various incarnations in that set yet we have only had one Catwoman, back in the first wave.

I've been wondering the same about Killer Croc.
    VBaskin2008
    Yeah, we've had no Killer Croc since the revival at all! Even more overdue than Catwoman.
    VBaskin2008
    And we need a new Alfred!!
    Shibmonkey_roocarlqGothamConstructionColegomattBuriedinBricksVBaskin2008
  • oansunoansun Member Posts: 87
    I would LOVE a '66 Batman set.
    Otherwise, I'm kind of OK on Batman figures since that's the majority of DC toys I see. That Lightning Lad makes me desperately want a Legion of Superheroes set
    VBaskin2008
    edited January 2015
    Realistically I think we need Ra's Al Ghul, Killer Croc (bigfig), Clayface (bigfig), Hush, Mad Hatter and Alfred. A new version of Catwoman and a Bane bigfig would be most welcome too.

I am still dreaming of a Victor Zsasz minifigure, although there are so many reasons that couldn't happen I wouldn't know where to begin! Black Mask, Ventriloquist and Firefly would be great too, but I don't think they have sufficient recognition to actually be made.
    BumblepantschuckpPurplorosVBaskin2008
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,169
    ^Talia would be nice too
    VBaskin2008
  • kyrotekkyrotek Southampton, UKMember Posts: 212
    Surely a Ra's Al Gul figure would be a Mandarin figure with vampire hair and a goblins sword?
    VBaskin2008
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 950
    Good list @CapnRex101‌, but a couple of thoughts:

Realistically I think we need Ra's Al Ghul, Killer Croc (bigfig), Clayface (bigfig), Hush, Mad Hatter and Alfred. A new version of Catwoman and a Bane bigfig would be most welcome too.

I'm not a fan of bigfigs at all, and would rather normal minifigures wherever possible. Clayface is my favourite Batman villain so I have pondered his release a lot. I think I posted this image before, but my preference would be his design in the LEGO Batman video game:

Black Mask, Ventriloquist and Firefly would be great too, but I don't think they have sufficient recognition to actually be made.

I think Black Mask would be just on the side of mainstream enough for a release. Certainly no less obscure than Starfire in the upcoming Jokerland set IMO.
    legomattRomanticWarriorVBaskin2008
  • Legopassion8Legopassion8 North CarolinaMember Posts: 1,181
    Sigh. I just get these sets for the minifigures. I always end up dumping all the blocks in the storage binds to build other stuff....

DrmnezAdzbadboyVBaskin2008
    @Steve_J_OM‌ - I would probably prefer a bigfig as I like them, but to be honest I would be delighted with either!

I quite fancy another Riddler too, this time in a green jacket and purple tie.
    VBaskin2008
    Heh heh... What's that between Clayface's legs?
    VBaskin2008
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474

Since we heard about the minifigs in the forthcoming Jokerland set, I have been wondering when we might get another possibly updated Catwoman minifigure, seeing as Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn are both appearing for the 3rd time in various incarnations in that set yet we have only had one Catwoman, back in the first wave

There have been a couple of Catwoman figs haven't there? In #7779 and #6858 . Although I'm sure another one won't be too far off.
    VBaskin2008
    I meant in the first wave of Superheroes. Not including Batman I. Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn have both been in two Superheroes sets (the same Ivy twice and Harley once as Harley but still) and are scheduled to be in a third, Jokerland.
    VBaskin2008
    I'd like a clayface big fig. He's big enough to warrant one I think, more so than others.
    VBaskin2008
    I would love a new catwoman, one closer the the New 52 look to tie in with the other figures that are starting to follow that look, also the head peice on the catwomen we have had is a little annoying and bulky and there was no hair peice to use when the mask comes off.
    VBaskin2008
    edited January 2015
    I think Catman would be cooler than Cat woman, personally. Blake is awesome!
    ShibVBaskin2008
    This guy....
    ShibrichlVBaskin2008
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    edited January 2015

I think Black Mask would be just on the side of mainstream enough for a release. Certainly no less obscure than Starfire in the upcoming Jokerland set IMO.

Black Mask would be great. And Starfire is not obscure at all. She is currently in the Teen Titans Go! Cartoon, which is huge on TV in the US. And she was in the previous one too. I wonder if they are going to have her in her current 52 costume(From Red Hood and the Outlaws). That might be a bit much.

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608014215317622598&pid=15.1
    VBaskin2008
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 539
    I saw an ad this morning from Target for a "Justice League vs. Bizarro League" LEGO DVD that looks like it has a Bizarro Batman figure with it. Is that discussed somewhere here? I can't seem to find the thread...
    VBaskin2008
    ^ Yep, in this very thread. Just put 'Batzarro' into the search box. It was also on the front page late last year.
    VBaskin2008
  • TimelashTimelash Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2015
    I was lucky enough to recive my copy of Justice League vs Bizarro League today. The Batzarro minifig is amazing as always but without giving the plot away, the ending indicated that another animated film will be out. This got me thinking if it has anything to do with the trickster minifig leak...
    VBaskin2008
    Here's a few more pics of Batzarro
    VBaskin2008
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    Really makes me wish that Bizarro was a little bit easier to come by.
    VBaskin2008
    ^ DC are launching a Bizarro solo title, so maybe there's plans to make him more prominent in the DC universe. A tenuous hope, at best, that he will be made into a general release minifigure but still!
    VBaskin2008
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,183
    I would NOT be surprised if Bizarro gets a version released without a name tag.
    BrickDancerVBaskin2008
  • rolyateelrolyateel Member Posts: 42
    Anyone got a link for buying the Justice League/Bizzarro DVD in the UK?...or from a place that ships to the UK (at a sensible price)
    VBaskin2008
    Given the trend of the last few you're probably best off waiting. I know that there's then the risk of missing out but the mini figure versions generally at least make it to Europe, which will almost certainly be cheaper.
    VBaskin2008
    @rolyateel I ordered mine from DVDworld.com, i think it was $12 no import tax so wasn't too bad. but like Shib said it will probably be released here in time. i just wanted to make sure :)
    VBaskin2008
  • rolyateelrolyateel Member Posts: 42
    Cheers @Timelash
    For £12.99 I'll order now to avoid disappointment :smile:
    VBaskin2008
    That's a better price than I expected to be fair as well.
    VBaskin2008
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    Is that price for bluray with postage too?
    VBaskin2008
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    This Bizarro league thing is fun, but I wish it was a Lego Crime Syndicate instead...
    VBaskin2008
    The postage was £2.95 it has as you can see form the pic i put up Blu-ray,DVD and Digital Download so not bad to order from there..

Or wait for UK release
    VBaskin2008
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 594
    @Timelash I looked at this myself but does the DVD work in the UK ?
    VBaskin2008
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    That looks really pink. It looked light purple in other lighting..

Either way, looks good. I received notification that it shipped today, so I guess I'll get it tomorrow.
    VBaskin2008
    @sonatine01 sorry I cant see the region on the case anywhere, DVD's tend to be hit and miss if they are region locked, Blu-ray's from Warner Bros are usually unlocked. sorry i cant help anymore with that.. @Sethro3 Don't go by the color of the pics, I took it in the kitchen and the light is poor its not pink just looks it.
    sonatine01VBaskin2008