Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO DC Super Heroes 2015 sets

Comments

• luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299

Very much enjoyed the Javelin - fun build. Got mine at Target for $60 less my 5%, which is over 18% off retail and an excellent deal for a brand new set. As with all licensed sets, would have been too pricey at 70, but at 56 and change it was worth it. Excellent figs, of course, and other than Superman, no duplicates of past sets. supes also has the new cape so even he is "new".

I will likely pick up green lantern and brainiac toward the January promo item. I expect to pass on Grodd - already have my Flash and WW figs. Similarly, expect to pass on the Manta set because I already have Aquaman. Maybe if there is a really good sale down the road....

Is this the retail at Target, or is it on sale this week? I've got a few Christmas dollars left over, and snagging this set for that price would be a great thing!
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 866
    Target appears to have priced it at 59.99. For now.
  • ccjwprongsccjwprongs UKMember Posts: 87
    Picked up the GL and Brainiac sets at the Stratford store yesterday. Great figs and I actually quite like the new capes, thick necks and all. Martian Manhunter is a considerable improvement over last year's promo.

The GL jet is just okay (liking the trans-dark green), but Brainiac's ship is one of my favourite DC sets so far. Loads of character and a fun build too.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,886

What the...
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 876
    prevere said:

What the...
    The green lantern is showing up as $12.99 as well online but no available.
    I think I will go try to price match in store.

http://www.target.com/p/lego-super-heroes-green-lantern-vs-sinestro-76025/-/A-16750547#prodSlot=large_2_2&term=lego+super+heroes
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    CCC said:

New UCS set leak ...

http://imgur.com/gallery/pUBHU

The top comment is priceless.

I just got my son and his 10 year old friend really good with that link. I'm embarrassed to say that they took it hook, line, and sinker. They kept asking me how they made it so clear. LOL

• vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,183
    cool I just bought one from target balboa today. They didn't have them on the floor but had them in the back for $60. They didn't have any new sets out or series 13.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,287
    Just finished building Darkseid Invasion and have to say the javelin really is good. I'd definitely recommend it for anyone who enjoys building spaceships - I imagine you'd be able to get a lot of the cost back by selling the minifigures if you have no interest in them. Whoever did the design on it should definitely be proud of it.
    The Darkseid Omega cannon thing feels a bit like its just there to fill out the set, but I get that kids will like the two vehicles for combat element.
    carlq
  • DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 577
    Nearly fell out of my chair when I read that the Black Manta set is $40 in the US but £50 in the UK - $75 equivalent! This is a set with only one new Character! It screams half price and remaindered due to low sales in the UK.

I am very jealous of the low prices Target is offering as well - makes the US prices half of UK! I suspect I won't purchase a set till there are offers on at this rate.
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    edited January 2015
    Perhaps it's an odd thing to get excited about, but I've only just discovered that Hawkman (and also, I assume, Space Batman) uses a new neck brace with two studs at the back to attach his wings - which means, at last, we have a part that lets us have Chima-winged minifigs without the need for Chima armour to attach them! I've been hoping for an official part like this for ages! :-)
    GothamConstructionCoShibwayneggyys4uAdzbadboy
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394

The GL jet is just okay

Turn the wings around. It improves the look and feel tenfold!
  • SapmiSatanSapmiSatan Member Posts: 106
    Anyone know anything about the upcoming Jokerland set?
  • wayneggwaynegg Texas,USAMember Posts: 394
    GL Jet Improvement photo image_zps24ec2f06.jpg
    carlqDrmnezDougTemplar
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,312
    carlq said:

Perhaps it's an odd thing to get excited about, but I've only just discovered that Hawkman (and also, I assume, Space Batman) uses a new neck brace with two studs at the back to attach his wings - which means, at last, we have a part that lets us have Chima-winged minifigs without the need for Chima armour to attach them! I've been hoping for an official part like this for ages! :-)

Yes, I'm impatiently waiting to get some too :-)
    carlq
    The GL set at $12 is a good price, I think. Gives another JL member, plus another villain. I'm hopping to find the Darkseid around here for $60 plus the Red Card discount. That'd be a steal!
  • black_towrblack_towr MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    I went to target today and got a price match for the GL vs. Sinestro set.
    Purplorosyys4u
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,547
    Just built #76040. Very cool little build and 4 ace minifigures :-)
    carlq
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    One Target near me had it at full price, another one had it at 59.99 and the other one didn't have it at all (as in no SH sets)...so YMMV. But at 15%+ off from the start, I say go for it. Especially since the piece count is so low.

I'd love to find Green Lantern. I can't find it around me.
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    Sethro3 said:

I'd love to find Green Lantern. I can't find it around me.

I feel your pain. It's the only one that I can't find/don't have, and it's the one that I want the most. Ugh.
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    Are the new DC sets in Lego stores in the UK now? I notice that some of the people who have them are UK based, but there's no sign of them on [email protected]?
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 940
    Mojoest said:

Are the new DC sets in Lego stores in the UK now? I notice that some of the people who have them are UK based, but there's no sign of them on [email protected]?

Yes they're in store in the UK. People have reported - Online you can change the location to the US and add the items to your basket. Then switch back to the UK.
    Mojoest
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,416
    Haven't picked the Green Lantern set yet but at that price point, it'll make great army builders.
    @Mojoest‌ - I picked up my set at Westfield London yesterday afternoon. I think they had all the DC sets in stock.
    Mojoest
  • ozzie_owlozzie_owl Member Posts: 11
    Some cool sets there, will pick a few of those up.
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    I just got the Green Lantern set, and it's another great $20 SH set! Not really all that excited about this wave in general. The Javelin looks alright and I'll probably pick it up eventually, but the rest of the sets don't do it for me.
  • super_curry_maxsuper_curry_max Member Posts: 73
    saw and bought the cube thing from target with the city, chima, ninjago, and dc figs in it with superboy.

are there more of these coming? ive been slacking on all the lego superhero news the past month and didnt even know this thing existed.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,346
    There is a second cube with Lightening Lad...I really wish they would have gone with another Young Justice/Titans member though because I doubt we are going to get many more Legion of Superheroes members.
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    dannyrww said:

There is a second cube with Lightening Lad...I really wish they would have gone with another Young Justice/Titans member though because I doubt we are going to get many more Legion of Superheroes members.

After seeing Young Justice for the first time yesterday, I now really want a Kid Flash or Miss Martian figure!

^Yes...that's exactly what I'm talking about...and with Cyborg and the rumors of Best Boy and Starfire it would make a good titans line up too (which is the equivalent of Young Justice in the comics with the old titans training the Young Justice kids...before the new 52 nonsense).
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    dannyrww said:

and the rumors of Best Boy and Starfire

Woah, woah, woah. Back up.
    What rumors? :D
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    epyon396 said:

dannyrww said:

There have been rumors for a couple of weeks now that we're getting a set with Beast Boy, Starfire, and Deathstroke.
    matticus_bricksBrickDancer
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 457

epyon396 said:

dannyrww said:

There have been rumors for a couple of weeks now that we're getting a set with Beast Boy, Starfire, and Deathstroke.
    Deathstroke?~<3
    BrickDancer
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 315
    Forgive my ignorance, but who are the "core" Justice League members considered with these sets? I'm kind of used to the most recent cartoon with Hawkgirl. Since she's not a character, I'm just seeing who Lego is considering the core members. There's Superman, Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman...so in my mind that leaves Aquaman and/or Cyborg as the last core members.
    The core Justice League members are Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman.
    Obviously a lot depends on which DC continuity you are following. Martian Manhunter was at one point a core member, but has often been backgrounded for Superman as they have quite similar powers (with MM having the cooler additional powers in my opinion) and Aquaman for the obvious limitations of his powers also often gets backgrounded. MM was a temporary member of the current JL but then moved on to Stormwatch.
    Cyborg is core to the current continuity but traditionally he was more associated with the Teen Titans.
    Hawkman was typically more linked to the Justice Society of America, the predecessor to the JL but is currently a member (or was of last year when I last read a current story) of the Justice League of America, a completely separate group to the Justice League. Green Arrow tried to become a member of the JL but failed and was recruited to the JLA - I don't know how that story resolved. MM was also a member of the JLA.
    If you do back through all the versions of the Justice League/Society then really the core members come down to Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

Basically @monkyby87‌ - it's pretty darn complicated. Last comic book story I ready (from last year) on the main earth there isn't currently a Hawkgirl, but there was a Hawkgirl as part of the parallel Earth 2 storyline. Personally I'd love a Hawkgirl and while I expect nothing to keep my expectations low, but I'd like to think that now we have a complete JL Lego might start giving us more lesser known heroes, even if they are as secondary characters in the sets.
    RomanticWarrior
    I always considered the core members to be: Superman, Batman, and wonder Woman are a must. Then you have Green Lantern, Flash, and Aquaman. I personally feel the true core member must include Martian Manhunter as well. In the late 90s this was the make up of the Justice League, but it has history tied to it as these were the members in the first appearance as well. Since most people don't know who MM often is left off (or replaced by Cyborg these days...and I love Cyborg, but he is a Titan IMO). In the cartoon (which I love) they took Aquaman and replaced him with Hawk Girl(to add another woman to the core team?) Also they used John Stewart as Green lantern (which I liked a lot). At any rate other than Hawk Woman we have most versions of the core Leaguers in Lego form. I also like that various Titans seem to be showing up (I do like the version with Superboy, but I also like the classic Titans...I can remember when Beastboy was called Changeling).
    ^I feel like I really need a Black Canary and Vixen mini figures as they were both regular JL/JSA members to help address the Male:Female ratio and add a bit more diversity in Vixen's case. Plus now I have a Green Arrow, he needs a Black Canary to kick his arse and keep him in line ;-)
    DrLegOBrick
    Black Canary is good...Vixen always seemed odd to me. If I recall she is a hold over from the Detroit League. Only in recent years has she made a come back in the comics. Though she was used quite a bit on the animated series if I remember correctly. Anyways more additions are welcome. I would love a Swamp Thing Big Fig, or the members of the various Lantern corps (especially Saint Walker). That is the problem with the video games is they tease us with figures we will never get.
    Shib
    John Stewart GL and Kilowog would be nice too (though now were talking Green Lantern Corps and not just Justice League.
    koozchuckp
    I thought that about Hawkman, I really never expected to get him as a mini figure, heck he's often overlooked on action figure lines which can be pretty diverse. I don't ever expect anything from TLG these days because so many expectations are wrong and it saves on disappointments. But if they do continue the Superheroes line it's hard to imagine them not adding more characters, particularly if they requite no new moulds. I'm far happier about my army of Batman Minifigures knowing that it allows me to have a full JL roster etc.
    DrLegOBrick
    So glad to see others have covered the "core" JL members issue. I'm in the camp of the core as the original 7 of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Flash and Martian Manhunter. I cannot describe how happy I am that I'll be able to have for the first time in any toy range a complete set of the original 7 - plus the 8th and 10th members of Green Arrow and Hawkman. Not sure how one can do an "Atom" in Lego for the 9th member.

I would love to have a Justice League International set up which would include Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) and Booster Gold. But I suspect that is a bit of a pipe dream.

Anyway more to the point. Has the lack of Shop at Home pages in the UK stalled the internet release of the 2015 DC Heroes on the likes of Amazon, Tesco and Smyths or are they normally a few weeks behind on releases anyway?
    DrLegOBrick
    I really want a microfigure of the Atom, and a connector to let him sit on a minifigure's shoulder
    dannyrwwDrLegOBrick
    JLI would be nice though I doubt we will see Booster Gold anytime soon I find it interesting that Guy Gardner will be in the Lego Justice League DVD movie. I love the diea of Atom as A microfigure....wouldn't be too hard to attach him to Hawkman's shoulder using his wing clip.
    kooz
    DC sets up on UK [email protected] now.
    And on Amazon, though my preordered Green Lantern set still hasn't shipped :-(
  • DrLegOBrickDrLegOBrick UKMember Posts: 68
    Very impressed with this wave. It's rekindled my interest in DC sets, the last one I bought was the Batcave back in 2012, I liked the Flash set last year, but it was too rich for my blood for what you got in the set.

This year, at last, a good quantity of JLA members in costumes I recognize (not to sound like a grumpy old man), and some decent sets too, Brainiac's looks particularly good. I watched one of the video reviews for the Javelin, and I'm very impressed with the play features, even four seats with an opening canopy, something I hope the new Marvel Quinjet follows, seat wise at least.

I hadn't heard of the latest rumour, Starfire and Beast Boy?! Even Deathstroke?! As someone who was a massive Titan's fan, that's fantastic news. Personally, I can see a five figure fifty pound set, Batman, Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, Deathstroke, the Batboat, and some harbour side structure, going by the info we have.

Here's hoping for more Legionaires and, as unlikely as it is, perhaps a couple of Outsiders (Black Lightning, Katana, and Metamorpho perhaps).
    Thanks for the heads up @LostInTranslation‌ I have added them all to my wish list on the website and will hold off for double VIP points!

As for the rumours of Titans - it makes sense as there is the Titans Cartoon still on in the USA. I know one of the clone brands brought out an entire Young Justice line up which was surprising as they were all "new" and I did wonder if they were stolen designs from an abandoned line after the Young Justice TV show was cancelled.

I would love to have a Legion line up - Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy and Saturn Girl could come in a set using one of the Clear Christmas Baubles as the Time Sphere!
    DC sets are up on the Argos site now as well though stock seems sketchy for the moment (I reserved a Frozen castle there too which I'm very excited about!).
    Got £50 of Nectar points that I'm tempted to blow on Lego at Argos...
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 315
    Thanks for the answers on the Justice League everyone :) I too am just glad that we're getting some core members, and then some. I was worried way back when that the League wouldn't be completed.
    dannyrww
    I'm not having any luck tracking down a Green Lantern set; I know they were released on Jan 1, but it seems like they just haven't hit wide-release everywhere. I've seen most of the other sets, but that one's been pretty elusive. I just KNOW it's going to show up as soon as Target fixes their price and puts it back at 19.99!
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 866
    ^ Use the inventory trackers (discussed in threads in the Shopping subsection of the forums) and keep digging. I had to go to a couple of stores but I found mine.

^ Use the inventory trackers (discussed in threads in the Shopping subsection of the forums) and keep digging. I had to go to a couple of stores but I found mine.

Oh, I have, and that's what I mean. There's not a single GL set at a Target or Walmart w/in 100 miles of me. I'm off tomorrow, so that's my day to look for clearance/track down sets. But they're just not out there.