Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO DC Super Heroes 2015 sets

Comments

• RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    ^I was pretty much expecting them to just use the Chima wing mold. Not sure I like the soft ones, but we will wait and see once I have it.
  • rat240rat240 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone found these in the usa
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,630
    ^^That's probably why the capes in those sets are a softer fabric.
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    I saw a few of these at the local TRU, and I was surprised to see how much they were going for! I didn't see Green Lantern or Brainiac sets, but the others were there, and I really hope I'm able to pick those up on sale somewhere, otherwise I might miss out on these altogether.
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    Hey guys, we're getting Trickster!

http://item.taobao.c...sku=&ug=#detail
    PurploroschuckpBrickDancercarlqAdzbadboyyys4uDrmnez
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,315
    edited December 2014
    Pardon my ignorance but who is trickster?
    vwong19
    starfire2 said:

Pardon my ignorance but who is trickster?

One of the Flash's main villains.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,315
    Oh ok.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,346
    S where is this pic from?
    Hmm, the link I posted isn't working. I'll try again: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a2106.m5221.1000384.277.J0p6Md&id=43206636349&scm=1029.newlist-0.bts4.0&ppath=&sku=&ug=#detail

If it still doesn't work, it's from a Chinese site call taobao that is known for revealing figures and pieces months in advanced, so this is definitely legitimate.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Does anyone know how much #76028 Darkseid Invasion is? I've read 59.99 everywhere - Brickshow guys said 59.99 and I saw it on the shelf at Target for that price. Yet, I get my Jan catalog today and see it priced at 69.99.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Now you got me curious @EddieDoesntMind‌ as that does look legit considering the two-toned arm piece. Wonder which set that will be from or if that's going to be a poly bag special?

For those of you who don't know who that is, it's none other than Luke Skywalker, err I mean the Joker to Flash's Batman.
    dannyrwwEddieDoesntMindcarlq

Now you got me curious @EddieDoesntMind‌ as that does look legit considering the two-toned arm piece. Wonder which set that will be from or if that's going to be a poly bag special?

It's packaged just like how the Batzarro figure is, so I was thinking it might be a book, or DVD special (possibly a Lego Batman 3 movie?).
    chuckp
    edited December 2014
    And now we have Lightning Lad, in another Target cube!

Yeah, I definitely know who that is....better read up! http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Garth_Ranzz
    sidersddcarlqvwong19PurploroschuckpthenosDrmnez
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,287
    Aww man, who else is in that?
    oh man... If the Target cubes become a repeated thing I will go broke quick.
    chuckpPitfall69
    Shib said:

Aww man, who else is in that?

No pictures on the others, but I assume it will be the same: New and exclusive Ninjago, City, and Chima figures.

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,287
    CircleK said:

oh man... If the Target cubes become a repeated thing I will go broke quick.

I really hope a UK retailer gets them too if it's a recurring thing.
    Adzbadboy
    Wow it's raining Superheroes like cats and dogs right now! Odd and obscure choice of character tho considering all the other remaining candidates.

Wonder why they didn't switch up the cube to be Marvel this time? Or if this is even a cube for Target? And what the other 3 sides will be?
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,183
    I like it, but my knowledge of DC is limited and these past 2 leaks have come out of left field for me. Gives me hope that more obscure characters from Marvel will be made.
  • ChubblesChubbles USAMember Posts: 459
    The more obscure the better IMO
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 866
    Lightning Lad isn't terribly obscure for DC fans. He's one of the "big 3" leaders of the Legion of Super Heroes, a 50-year old franchise that was one of the most popular DC books at times. The fig makes me wonder (a) whether more Legion stuff is in the works at LEGO (because otherwise why just make one Legionnaire?) and (b) whether LEGO is gearing up on Legion because there are broader plans for the franchise. Doubtful, because the book hasn't exactly been popular for the past decade (I'm pretty sure DC isn't even publishing a Legion book right now).

Though one interesting sidenote -- Legion rose to fame initially because the book included Superboy. And the first Target cube had a Superboy fig (albeit a modern one) . . . hmmmm.
    Lightening Lad? I was kind of hoping they would do kid flash or something since I was liking the young justice/titans figures coming out... or maybe superboy leans more towards legion of superheroes anyways (though not really that version)
    wherever you got that pic from they must have the whole cube....I really want to know what else is in there
    edited December 2014
    dannyrww said:

wherever you got that pic from they must have the whole cube....I really want to know what else is in there

Yeah, there's a link to the cube, just no pictures.

http://h5.m.taobao.com/awp/core/detail.htm?id=43230289563

• PurplorosPurploros USAMember Posts: 82
    edited December 2014
    The other figures are a saber-tooth tiger, Kai, and a scuba diver.
    dannyrwwEddieDoesntMindsidersdd
    can't see the pic on the link....also it is the same themes....how many of these cubes do you think we wlll get?

How can you see the picture?
  • PurplorosPurploros USAMember Posts: 82
    edited December 2014

How can you see the picture?
    On mobile, just swipe across the picture.
    andhe
    ^Click on the link and then on the pic.

Looks like a Wolf pack member from Chima, an elaborate Kai Rebooted with torso & armor leg printing, a plain City Scuba Diver with unique print in blue & black with two-toned arm piece with blue short sleeves.

^Click on the link and then on the pic.

I see no pic, could somebody save and post it here?

• Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.20141001.6.WRjW4Q&id=43230289563&scm=1007.10115.2077.i43179435853&pvid=efbeb862-2aab-4799-91ac-e578cf581b96#

This one had a picture. Looks good. Only $5 with the conversion rate...granted I don't know what else the site says, so I wouldn't trust my money on that website.
    Looks cool! And the diver I guess will go with the aquatic sets we're getting next year.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,157
    ^Yeah I wonder if the diver is an indication this box is coming around summer time and not the near future.
    I think the Chima one might be healed Sir Fangar from the last episode of CHima
    sgarrahy
    Sethro3 said:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.20141001.6.WRjW4Q&id=43230289563&scm=1007.10115.2077.i43179435853&pvid=efbeb862-2aab-4799-91ac-e578cf581b96#

This one had a picture. Looks good. Only $5 with the conversion rate...granted I don't know what else the site says, so I wouldn't trust my money on that website.

I could get this and Trickster for less then $10. Anyone want to buy something on the site to see if it works?
    Feeding the trolls on purpose? I'll pass...
    EddieDoesntMind
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 857
    Totally digging the space batman and cyborg mf. New capes suck tho
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    Sethro3 said:

I make it £70 as a rough conversion of 699yen
  • blarghiflarghblarghiflargh Member Posts: 99
    edited December 2014

I make it £70 as a rough conversion of 699yen

You converted it correctly but everyone else is converting to Japanese Yen instead of Chinese Yuan. Makes a big difference.

Also you need a middleman to order from Taobao outside of China, unless something has changed. And that can be a bit of a pain.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,547
    I have just used my Amazon gift card from work and the Mastercard £5 off code to order Darkseid Invasion for half price :-)
    I know it will be a few weeks before I get it but it's nice to think I'll be getting a large brand new set that cheap.
    I'll probably order another DC set on January 5th with my double VIP order and then I'll have plenty of VIPs plus a Lego gift card to spend in store later to maybe complete my Justice League! :-))
    ShibcarlqCapnRex101AdzbadboychuckpGothamConstructionCoLegoKip
    picked my sets up today and my Justice League is now complete (along with many auxiliary members...wish I had Plastic Man).
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 940
    I was instore yesterday and checked out the new DC sets. I really can't help thinking that they feel so overpriced at RRP! I mean £50 for some of these sets and there's not much to them....! I understand there's the license tax but I feel this wave is too much!

The new Ninjago sets are great and if you're a kid you can get so much more for your money with these sets.

I'll have to wait for a third to 50% off these sets to consider buying them....
    thenos
    msanders said:

I was instore yesterday and checked out the new DC sets. I really can't help thinking that they feel so overpriced at RRP! I mean £50 for some of these sets and there's not much to them....! I understand there's the license tax but I feel this wave is too much!

The new Ninjago sets are great and if you're a kid you can get so much more for your money with these sets.

I'll have to wait for a third to 50% off these sets to consider buying them....

Agreed, I will purchase the LEGO exclusives and LEGO Ideas sets though the year and I will try and purchase the regular retail sets on sale, if I don't get them then I really have no interest right?
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,183
    It felt like Christmas yesterday opening up all the Justice League sets and putting them together. Best wave ever! Lego makes me so happy!
    dannyrwwchuckpWicksy80
    vwong19 said:

It felt like Christmas yesterday opening up all the Justice League sets and putting them together. Best wave ever! Lego makes me so happy!

Same here...though I did not buy the Grodd and Black manta sets.....tempting but a little out of budget...I decided Green Lantern and the set with Darkseid were a must, both for builds and minifigures...the Grodd set though is on a my wish list

This is by far the best Superhero releases...good minifigures and good builds...though pries seem higher than should be on some sets.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 866
    Very much enjoyed the Javelin - fun build. Got mine at Target for $60 less my 5%, which is over 18% off retail and an excellent deal for a brand new set. As with all licensed sets, would have been too pricey at 70, but at 56 and change it was worth it. Excellent figs, of course, and other than Superman, no duplicates of past sets. supes also has the new cape so even he is "new".

I will likely pick up green lantern and brainiac toward the January promo item. I expect to pass on Grodd - already have my Flash and WW figs. Similarly, expect to pass on the Manta set because I already have Aquaman. Maybe if there is a really good sale down the road....
    The 2015 DC wave is great stuff.

I bought the Darkseid and Lantern sets, but I'm trying to talk myself out of the others. I told myself I was done with DC once the core JLA was completed. Sticking to that plan is going to be difficult though bc I really like the Braniac and Manta sets. My sobriety is in a fragile state.
    I would like to purchase:

Green Lantern vs. Sinestro - The entire set is great value, minifigures and builds.
    Darkseid Invasion - Cyborg minifigure to complete my original Justice League
    Brainiac Attack - Martain Manhunter minifigure for same reason above or just buy the ploybag from a seller.

I don't really like the actual builds of these sets but that's just me.