Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO DC Super Heroes 2015 sets

just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
From me to you!

epyon396BuriedinBricksAdzbadboyrwsalesBrickDancerkezrancorbaitcarlqGoldchainsEddieDoesntMind

Comments

• luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    Well, that looks exciting.
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    Looking pretty good so far.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,287
    super hyped! Very curious to see those wings on Hawkman, looks like they are fabric which is a bit disappointing but hopefully easy to mod some Chima Wings on!
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    you rock! Thanks!!
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    edited September 2014
    I like the Darkseid set and the Green Lantern set. The rest of the builds don't really look that intriguing. Overall, not a bad wave
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 866
    Excellent wave all around. Only wave that really doesn't do it for me just yet is the water one - I already have Aquaman and don't really care too much about Black Manta.

Darkseid set looks great and you get three never-before-released Leaguers plus a Superman with heat vision.

Grodd set also looks great. WW in her new52 duds so she is new. Flash is a re-tread but I will just call the old one Wally :).

Love the GL set.

Super psyched for the Brainiac set because I believe it promises Supergirl?
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    WOW!! Can't wait for the the new minifigs. Thanks for sharing!
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,282
    I love all the new heroes and villains but perhaps what excites me most is the new Batman outfit, which looks better than ever in my opinion!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,155
    I am probably in the extreme minority here but I liked the 3-wheeled truck best
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,630
    The buildable elements in the sets are not my taste whilst some minifigures are must haves; so I expect to purchase these in Christmas 2015 or in a sale.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 826
    Wow these look great, yet another very expensive year for my wallet lol. Btw anyone know what that super jumper might be? I was thinking a new piece that allows the figure to be played with more easily. :-D
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,415
    I love the Aquaman set. Love Black Manta. Good excuse to break out all of those unopened Atlantis sets.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    kez said:

Btw anyone know what that super jumper might be?

Discussed earlier here.
    kez
  • HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
    The builds as with most Superhero sets are lacking but these are all worth the figures in their own rights alone! Not only is this a complete released original Justice League- but also Hawkman, Green Arrow, and Cyborg along with Supergirl in the Brainiac set and Plastic Man for LEGO Batman 3!

Nearly doubling the amount of Leaguers!

Also I love them taking risks with other DC Villians- OUTSIDE of Batman :)
    That's brilliant! I wonder how long they spent setting that up.
  • DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 577
    edited November 2014
    I notice that the front page has an image of Brainiac Attacks but has a set number of 76040 and a misspelling of Brainiac as Braniac. Can someone point me to where that image has appeared from? As I'm hoping that set image is correct with only a small change (with Justice League Logo perhaps?)! I so need there to be Supergirl Minifig for one of my daughters!
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,897
    @DougTemplar‌

Hothbricks has a load of images. You can find their stream on flickr or their 'Brick Heroes' website. http://www.brickheroes.com/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/hothbricks/15562431679/in/photostream/
    Thanks for the info!
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    Braniac is loaded with fiber
    richlsidersddcarlqBumblepantsKevin_HyattjasorAdzbadboymargot
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Batzarro promo fig with the Blu-Ray/DVD!
    sidersddPitfall69
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    To go with the film, they should do a limited run of 2015 Justice League SH sets which randomly have a full set of the Bizarro League figures for that set, with a limited edition certificate.
    dannyrww
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,547
    Just seen that the Bizarro League DVD with Batzarro is out February 10 2015 in the States and includes Batman Beleaguered as an extra.
    Now I doubly hope it comes out in the UK as well since I haven't seen that either!
    ShibGothamConstructionCo
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,155
    I think I might get the bluray just because my 3yr old daughter would go nuts for a purple Batman.

To go with the film, they should do a limited run of 2015 Justice League SH sets which randomly have a full set of the Bizarro League figures for that set, with a limited edition certificate.

That would be awesome to see. I wish I could just get the real Bizarro without having to pay a crazy amount of money for one.
    ^given the variety of new characters in next years DC sets I'm relatively optimistic for Bizarro showing up in a future set.
    obi_g
    Amazon UK has preorders available on most of the 2015 sets, to be delivered "in 2 to 5 weeks", with the following prices:

#76025 - £19.99
    #76026 - £49.99
    #76027 - £49.99
    #76028 - £59.99

#76040 is not available on Amazon so probably a store exclusive.

Friends sets are up as well, but that's for a different thread..... ;-)
    MojoestEddieDoesntMind
    edited December 2014
    @LostInTranslation‌ are you sure those prices are correct. £49 seems a lot for #76027.

Edit: Just checked amazon for myself. Eek. Where's the mid priced sets?!! £30ish range.
    thanks for the heads up...now need to decide if I preorder or wait for them to show up in store somewhere.
    edited December 2014
    @Shib if you preorder my guess is they won't ship before Christmas so you can cancel if you find them elsewhere.

Bear in mind that supply of new sets to brand stores straight after Christmas tends to be hit n miss though. I've been to brand stores on 28th or so of December and they've sold out of new stock already.

@andhe yes maybe it should be 34.99 but Amazon are charging 49.99 anyway! The prices on the Friends sets all seem reasonable so either just this one is an error or TLG are really inflating the price on this set.
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    edited December 2014
    ^^ ditto. Do i get them straight away or hold out for the 30%+ discounts there are bound to be later in the year?..... I'll probably crack ;-p.
    EddieDoesntMindcarlqAdzbadboy
    The set with Hawkman I will almost certainly grab the instant I see it in any shop. The others I'll probably wait a little but with how good this wave is I want to 'vote with my wallet' a little so the wait will be more about spreading the cost than waiting for bargains.
  • EddieDoesntMindEddieDoesntMind Member Posts: 329
    You don't know how many times I go "Just wait a year, and it will be on sale" but then a week later I see it and go "I can't go without it anymore!" And thus I happily build my set......as my house gets foreclosed on.
    carlq
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    ^Mrs. Eddie might mind. Unless you get sufficient Lego to build an inhabitable structure. ;-)
    EddieDoesntMindcarlq

^Mrs. Eddie might mind. Unless you get sufficient Lego to build an inhabitable structure. ;-)

Naw, no Mrs. right now so I can easily build a shelter meant for one!

Amazon UK has preorders available on most of the 2015 sets, to be delivered "in 2 to 5 weeks", with the following prices:

#76025 - £19.99
    #76026 - £49.99
    #76027 - £49.99
    #76028 - £59.99

#76040 is not available on Amazon so probably a store exclusive.

Friends sets are up as well, but that's for a different thread..... ;-)

Are those prices a bit higher than people were expecting? I know these sets are big, but it's been a while since these DC sets were that high, right? This might be a time when I'll need to stretch my purchases out over a little bit of time, too, because that could be a lot of cash to drop at one time.
    Those set prices seem rather steep indeed. It is a mighty big jump from £20 to £50! On first look I'd have thought #76027 would be more in the £30-£40 price range as @andhe pointed out already.

Not that it matters I'm getting them all.. But can I hold off till there is at least 20% off...

Just saw they took of the Justice League logo on the boxes from the prelims... disappointed.
    Wish Black Manta was $40....

Just saw they took of the Justice League logo on the boxes from the prelims... disappointed.

Yeah! Just boring Batman, Superman, and Justice League logos. Boo!
  • PlellPlell Member Posts: 192
    I think the Justice League logo is on the North American packaging but Batman and Superman logos are on Europe's? I know it's trivial, but I really want that JL logo on my boxes.
    DougTemplar
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    If those prices are settled then ouch!
    Nice sets but £50 each for the mid size sets is too rich for me
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    Plell said:

I think the Justice League logo is on the North American packaging but Batman and Superman logos are on Europe's? I know it's trivial, but I really want that JL logo on my boxes.

This is 100% correct.

• SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    edited December 2014

If those prices are settled then ouch!

I agree, Proper rip off.

There not that great either.
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 814
    I'd hope that Amazon have done what they usually do as of late and inflated the price over RRP. Rip off at £50.
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    Anxiously awaiting Green Lantern and HawkMan sets.
    My Justice League roster needs to expand once again!!!
    Just have to wait a few more weeks.
    (Though I have to wonder why Lego decides to release them right AFTER Christmas....)

Plus, I want a Green Lantern minifigure my son can actually play with (he keeps trying to grab my Convention exclusive one off my shelf).
    I had an email from Amazon saying that my preordered Green Lantern set now has an estimated delivery date of 3-6 January :-)

But the product pages for the new DC sets seem to have disappeared from Amazon now?? The Friends are still there though. Very strange.
    carlq
    Brickhorizon (wasn't a site I was aware of) has a bunch of set reviews if you like to see before you buy. The Darkseid bigfig looks great, not so sure about the new cape material though.

Set review 76025 Green Lantern vs Sinestro
    http://brickhorizon.com/boardz/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4351

Lego set 76027 Black Manta Deep Sea Strike
    http://brickhorizon.com/boardz/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4109

Set review 76040 Brainiac Attack
    http://brickhorizon.com/boardz/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3875

Set Review 76028 Darkseid Invasion
    http://brickhorizon.com/boardz/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3790
    CCCTurboBuffaloGumbo
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,312
    Those Hawkman wings look awful. Especially when you consider offerings from customs manufacturers ...

carlqAdzbadboy
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,381
    Got to agree, there really is no excuse for not producing a good plastic wing part. Easy enough to change though, the custom ones are only a few pounds.
    Especially odd considering TLG have their own Chima wing part which could have done the job as well. I think it's something to do with being able to fit Hawkman into the plane (I guess the soft wings bend around).