Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

just out of a 32 year dark age.

Hi everyone.2014 has been a reintroduction to the world of lego for me.after a long gap the architecture series got me back into lego.made the mistake of looking on the lego site to see what else was available and 9 months and a ton of cash later here we are.love the modular sets and technic but have built sets in most themes.already looking forward to next years sets while still trying to catch up on all the stuff ive missed out on.
BumblepantsLegoboyknooseAngel_CLegoKip

Comments

• GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 775
    Welcome to Brickset,@chewie54.

You are on the best possible site to help you enjoy and get the most from your new found hobby which ever direction it takes you.

A 32 year dark age huh? Well a few things have changed while you've been away ;o)

Nick.
    Legoboycarlq
  • BrickmanBrickman Ol' Brick SquareMember Posts: 42
    You still have sets from back then?
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    Welcome back! Many of us have had long periods away from the hobby, but yours may be close to a record. Glad it was the architecture series that brought you back because those are outstanding sets in any collection. Enjoy!
  • chewie54chewie54 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks guys.its such a shame that i left it that long,but the enjoyment factor is awesome.takes years off you.sadly did not keep any sets from back then but have managed to get 3 of my favourite sets from years ago.technic 854,8860 & 8845 i managed to pick up still in the original boxes(with the trays inside!).the one thing i found is the boxes have changed.the building techniques now are amazing.the use of skis over the door in the modular petshop is genius.i have the ucs ssd sat waiting to be built next,still deciding whether to save it for winter or do it now.still have a decent to build pile waiting plus its double vip points next month.my bank balance is taking a beating though.

Welcome to Brickset,@chewie54.

You are on the best possible site to help you enjoy and get the most from your new found hobby which ever direction it takes you.

A 32 year dark age huh? Well a few things have changed while you've been away ;o)

Nick.

My back has changed as well.can't sit on the floor all day like i used to ;)
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 561
    Welcome back to the madness!
    Its madness alright.14 more sets to get this year (15 depending when slave 1 ucs comes out) before it all starts again for 2015.got a lot of catching up to do.