Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Car Museum Builder?

ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
I found this picture on the internet. While the expanded Grand Emporium is very nice, what really cought my eye was the fantastic "vintage" police car. I sure the red car is equally nice. Anybody know who the builder is? I would really like to get ahold of some LDD plans for those little gems.

Comments

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,950
    Where on the internet was it? That would help. :-)
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    Of course, now I cant find it but I did run across this photo from this link.

http://thegoodyears-johnny.blogspot.com/2010/08/brickfair-2010.html

I dont think it's the same car but it's close.
    edited September 2014
    I've just remembered that you can actually put pictures into google search to see where they came from. I think I knew about it before, but I've only just remembered too late!

But you get a results page like this which tells you every time that exact photo appears, as well as suggestions for similar ones.

But it looks like you found it already.

(And this seems to be the original build thread that the photo came from)
    edited September 2014
    But dang, look at his trick for the Impala's quad headlights about halfway down your link. Talk about clever parts usage.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,526
    Awesome idea. I have been meaning to do a car dealership (something I'm surprised LEGO has not done yet) and love the idea of a museum.
    As for the cars, great ideas, but they look a bit like old Dodge Coronets more than Imps in the front clip.
    Still really cool about solving the lack of detail in the grill area because quad headlights was something I was just thinking about the other day actually, how to have those and how tiny the grill will look.
    Also like how they shortened the windshield to make it a more more aerodynamic looking.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,336
    I am in the middle of a car showroom modular moc based on the Renault one in Paris. Hopefully will have pictures by the end of the week.