Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Brickset Server Location

Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,394
Interesting point...

I just noticed that the server location for Brickset is in the USA now; not China. My firewall (from a certain location) used to view the Brickset forum as a possible security issue and block me. Now it happily lets me login and peruse.

Any comments from the moderators on why the server locations were changed? Just curious...

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,357
    Brickset.com or Bricksetforum.com?

The former is in the UK but behind a CDN so will be served from wherever's closet to you

The forum is hosted in the USA.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,394
    edited September 2014
    Did that change in the past week? I have always been able to get to Brickset.com, but the firewall killed the forum every time. Now it all works...just curious.
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 265
    I've had the opposite problem lately. Brickset has been slow and often failed to load the past week or two, but the forum has worked fine.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,394
    ^To be honest, I've always written my firewall issues off to the little red flag with the yellow stars in the corner...
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,943
    ^ If you're in the USA, and either of those sites appears from your perspective to be hosted in China, then you should probably be worried about something!
    ^The server on Brickset.com's main site shows as Hong Kong just at Lego [email protected] shows up as Denmark. This forum shows up as the USA. I pretty sure that's where they're each respectively hosted from...