Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego_Lord_Mayorca: Greetings from Lego Lord Mayorca

Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 565
edited May 2011 in Introduce yourself
Hey everyone, the following is copied-and-pasted from my Brickset profile.

Relative newcomer to the AFOL community, I started collecting LEGO at about age 5 and it has become an integral part of my life. I grew dissatisfied with the designs and themes being released by LEGO around 2000, so I thought I was going to enter my teenage years collecting only Star Wars sets. Amazingly, BIONICLE in 2001 hooked me and I pretty much just collected between those two themes for close to a decade. Now with BIONICLE over and my college years coming to an end, I'm re-focusing on collecting as many bricks as possible, as well as awesome sets I missed out on from the early 1990s. I still avidly collect Star Wars, but recent themes like Space Police III and new sets from the Train and Technic themes are catching my eyes (and my wallet). No "Dark Ages" for me! Currently active on BZPower, Brickshelf, FBTB.net, and this site (of course), but I closely follow sites like Eurobricks.

My current main Lego pursuits are: 1) Obtaining sets in my "Holy Grail" pantheon, which are 6 legendary sets that I've wanted since I was a small child that represent to me the best each of the "classic" Lego System themes of the 1990s (when I grew up) had to offer. I currently have the Technic 8880 Super Car from 1994 (NIB), Town's 6542 Launch & Load Seaport from 1991 (1992 "System" re-issue, MISB), Castle's 6090 Royal Knight's Castle from 1995 (Used, but in perfect, complete condition), and Pirates' 6286 Skull Eye Schooner from 1993 (Used and in mediocre, complete condition). I am still looking to get the Space representative (1994's Monorail Transport Base) and the Train representative (the 4564 Freight Rail Runner). 2) I have a project in my mind to build a working, super-accurate scale model of the Number 5 robot from 1986's "Short Circuit", but I have barely begun to collect the pieces I will need to undertake the task. 3) Amassing useful parts for an undefined train layout in the far future (already have the Emerald Night [still MISB] and a nice tank engine MOC, but no way to power either of the two).

Anyway, that's probably more than you wanted to know. But that's my introduction.

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,691
    Welcome on board Lord!

Good luck trying to get the monorail, it's a highly sought after and regarded set. Luckily I bought one when it was new in the shops.
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 565
    Thanks, Huw. Collecting each of these sets hasn't been easy on the wallet nor on the availability. For example, I got the Schooner from a huge garage sale in 2001. I didn't get the Royal Knight's Castle until 2009 (albeit for slightly less than MSRP), the Super Car in 2010, and the Launch & Load Seaport earlier this year. I haven't seen many new 4564 or 6991 sets for sale anywhere recently, but I am always on the lookout.