Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New Lego Store Opening in the US

yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,093
edited September 2011 in Community and Events
I've been checking every week to see when the San Diego Lego stores opening, and they finally updated the page

http://stores.lego.com/en-us/San Diego/LandingPage.aspx

Kinda bummed there's no double VIP promotion, but the free exclusive minifig set would be nice. They had a similar promotion less than a hundred miles from me but I read about the day the promotion had ended.

Comments

• vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,191
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll be there Saturday morning!
  • datkiddedatkidde Member Posts: 108
    Probably be there both Friday and Saturday with the kids. Seen this other post with the Store Calendar.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    If anyone is able to obtain an extra set of the San Diego exclusive minifigs, I'd be interested in a trade/payment. I was hoping to make a trip out there in timing with the opening, but just can't swing it. Thanks.
  • datkiddedatkidde Member Posts: 108
    ^ I'll see what I can do. I don't know how they are going to be about multiple attempts to get the exclusives.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Another thing you might want to do is check with SANDLUG.
    http://www.sandlug.org/

Dunno if any of you SoCal residents are members. Typically the local LUG is invited to help with the grand opening (build the models that go into the "ribbon display", help on grand opening day with public crowd control, help break down parts for the big build (Buzz, Spongebob, R2-D2, whatever), hand out flyers, etc.) Our LUG helped with the Indianapolis opening and received some nice benefits (unlike the LUG showcase, which we are not) - % off items in the store, free exclusive minifig set, Buzz duplo brick, etc.
  • Model_GalModel_Gal Member Posts: 10
    ^ I am part of SandLUG, so if any one would like to help out with the build, let me know. We'd love to have the extra help. :)
    edited October 2011
    My wife and I got 2 of these minifigure sets (414, 415 of 500) at todays opening. Willing to trade for another minifig set from another grand opening location or for a set of NYCC Super Hero Minifigs.
    The I Heart Legoland minifig is pretty cool. The back of each minifig has 2011 and San Diego, CA printed on them.