Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

PAB Order stuck in Customs

Corwin12Corwin12 Member Posts: 30
edited September 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
My last PAB order shipped from Lego 21 days ago. For 20 of those 21 days, I checked the tracking information everyday - nothing changed. I emailed Lego and they, in turn, informed my that my order has been stuck in customs for unknown reasons. Has this happened to anyone before? They could not tell me how long it could be.

Comments

• IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,331
    When discussing Customs... a "sending" and "receiving" country is always helpful... ;-)
  • Corwin12Corwin12 Member Posts: 30
    Excellant point Mr. Istokg :-) - Lego shipped from Poland, I live in the United States.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,631
    It might be that yours is just a fluke of some sort. I just got my PaB order that shipped on 9/1, arrived in Brooklyn on 9/6 and I received it on 9/9. Pretty fast in my opinion. I have never had any delays like this. You might try getting in touch with our lovely customs agency to see why they would delay it so long. If it's anything like our postal service, it's probably sitting in a bag somewhere they have totally forgotten about. :(
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    If it were me, I'd pass the problem back to LEGO. My limited understanding would be that you ordered the goods from LEGO.com. Since it is there choice to send their PAB from overseas, I would expect them to sort out any issues with customs. Given three weeks have passed, I would request they resend the order.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,093
    Very strange... I'm curious, did you order a really large amount or something? Maybe a huge box of rattling pieces seemed suspicious to customs?
    I only order about $45.00 worth. I sent them an email and am considering just placing a new order. If the old arrives after my new order, I will just refuse it.
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 361
    Hmmm that is odd! I just received a PAB order last week! But I have had something like this happen to me once. I ordered a minifig off EBay and it took a month to arrive. I checked the tracking everyday and for 3 weeks straight it said the same thing; never got updated. Finally I got so fed up that I just ordered another one, and voila, the first one came a few days later; now I have two!
  • suitcase99suitcase99 Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    I'm in a similar situation. I placed a PAB order on 8/16 and then received a shipping notification on 8/22. The shipping email had a DHL tracking number, but the tracking status has never been updated. Then on 9/8 I received an email from LEGO saying that the order had been delayed and to expect it an additional 10 business days from the original estimated arrival. My order was kind of large ($140) so I wonder if it has to do with the size. I'd consider reordering, but if the problem is with customs I doubt a reorder would help.

Oh, and I'm in the US. The shipping email said the order was coming from Poland also.
  • LeelaLeela Member Posts: 53
    I'm in Poland,I send packages to my friends in the US from time to time and noticed there is something wrong with your customs recently. The last package I sent, it took 2 days for it to arrive and then it spent almost 3 weeks in customs. I saw a lot of complaints on other boards that items shipped from Europe get stuck in customs.

BTW, why do you have your order shipped from Poland? I get my PAB orders from Germany O_o
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    BTW, why do you have your order shipped from Poland? I get my PAB orders from Germany O_o
    You don't. PAB Orders are packed in Poland, and for reasons best known to LEGO sent to Germany to be posted, possibly due to cost? Replacement Parts orders from Denmark are also shipped from Germany...
    Matthew, I curious... do you know if orders shipped from Germany go thru Munich?

The former German LEGO headquarters used to be Hohenwestedt (a small town in the north of Germany near the Danish border) from 1956-1999. Then TLG moved the German HQ to Munich in the far south of Germany in 1999.
  • joshm21joshm21 Member Posts: 2
    I ordered about $25 worth of PAB on July 9. It shipped July 13 with tracking number. Got to New York and sat there. I called about a month later and they resent the order through which I got about six weeks after the order was placed. Just last week, the original order showed up though. I called Lego and they told me to just keep the duplicate it since it wasn't a large order and they would have to send it back overseas. So maybe your patience will be rewarded.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    ^^ Haven't got a clue, sorry. I've just seen the German Postal label on Consumer Services packets, and on the tracking for PAB orders. A customer service rep told me that they take them by truck to Germany to post, but they also told me I could buy the Vestas wind turbine from Toys R Us in the same conversation, so I wouldn't put any money on it...

Just FYI, there's a video here
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    sheesh, no wonder the markup is so high. using all those people to pick, sort, check, and re-check is not cheap. automated systems would seem to provide less expensive costs over time, and you could still keep the final human check if desired.
    Thanks Matthew... I think you already answered my question... if they're taken by truck to Germany from Denmark or Poland... then Munich is likely NOT the location... too far from either border.
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,327
    I'm in the UK and I've had a PAB order stuck in customs before and it took ages to arrive, couldn't complain though as Lego refunded my postage without me getting on to them about it!
    Update: Spoke with a Lego representative today. She was very friendly, but unable to give me an update on the status of the "stuck in customs" order. Also, I could not cancel it because it is in transit. She advised me to call back in week or two and maybe Lego would be able to update me on the status.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 2,062
    my experience of uk customs is they love to open stuff, then re seal it, then open it, then re seal it, then open it, then re seal it, then open it once more ,then reseal it then just check then send it.

Maybe American customs dont trust things from europe
    Maybe someone in customs is playing with my Lego bricks, because it is still stuck there. :-(
  • egrzybegrzyb Member Posts: 3
    I am experiencing the same exact problem. My pick a brick order (about $130 worth) shipped on 8/22/11 and is still stuck in Poland too. They hoped it would start moving again about two weeks ago but nope, still no update. LEGO already refunded my shipping costs, then the entire cost of the order and in addition, sent me a $10 gift card.
    To egrzyb:
    This may be a dumb question, but will you still receive your order even though they've refunded you the entire cost? I wasn't sure if the customs problem meant that it was stuck in Poland or stuck somewhere in the US. Mine shipped on 8/22 also and I have yet to receive anything other than the $10 gift card. I have not yet contacted them about the order, but I may to get more refunded.
    They told me to enjoy the order with 'their compliments' if it ever does arrive. This all started when I responded to a survey I got over email. I gave negative feedback since I never received the order and they actually read the survey and responded to me and immediately refunded my shipping (I didn't ask for that or expect it). Since then, I went back and forth in a polite exchange with their support reps and I guess for whatever reason, they decided to refund the entire cost (no complaints here). I think the $10 gift card was automatically given to everyone across the board so I feel a bit lucky. Just checked again and my order still hasn't moved. I'm reluctant to order again.
  • stephenvwstephenvw Lexington, KYMember Posts: 89
    I had to call up and complain twice. First time they gave me the $10 e-gift card. After reading you guys had received a full refund I gave them a call the second time. I was on hold for about 8-10 min until the decided to give me a full refund. I placed my order August 16 and they shipped it out August 22. I still haven't received my pieces :(.
    I think Lego's customer service has been awful on this issue. They have refused to give me a refund ... and mine arrived in the U.S. on August on the 22nd too. All I get from them is "Sorry" and the $10.00 gift card is laughable considering I spent a heck of a lot more on PAB than that.
    I called my credit card company and disputed the charge since Lego would not give me a refund. I will never buy from PAB again.
    I just checked my order again and it FINALLY has moved to Bethpage, NY! I'm in Boston so I imagine it will be here next week.
    Wow, mine has finally gotten to Bethpage, NY also. I now wish that I had taken the time to get the refund, but I am glad the order is on its way nonetheless.
  • giraffefrecklesgiraffefreckles Member Posts: 100
    Mine took about a month to reach California, after LEGO gave me $10 credit towards a future purchase. The package had 4 labels. The top one showed it was a forwarding label from Avenel, New Jersey to California. The middle two were patched over. The bottom one was so large, the other labels only partially covered it. The bottom one had interesting information about importing/quality control:

The importer was LEGO System in Billund, DK, production date 9/13/2011
    The tester was Bureau Veritas Hong Kong Limited in Kowloon, Hong Kong, test date 11/13/2008

Does this mean these particular LEGOs are almost 3 years old, at least in their batch age? I'm wondering if that darn 2008 date threw Customs for a loop and induced them to go on a wild fake product hunt or something...
  • JP3804JP3804 Member Posts: 332
    I ordered $90.00 worth of pick a brick on 9/30/11 and received them yesterday. 10 days! lucky I guess.