Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Lego October Store Calendar

jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
A few interesting things in the new Calendar besides 2xVIP Points:
October 6th new Modular? set release via TLG Facebook page.
Promo for SW Rebels DisneyXD
#10505 Duplo House.
Farmer_John

Comments

• GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    worth noting, Oct 6th is the Monday before New York Comic Con.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,391
    Thanks for posting @jediami65!
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474

worth noting, Oct 6th is the Monday before New York Comic Con.

Thanks for the reminder, I missed last year's but plan on going this year.
  • XefanXefan Member Posts: 1,149
    Has the UK/European September Calendar even come out yet? what's the UK/European £50 freebie for September?
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,494
    edited August 2014
    ^ there isn't a freebie :-(
    I found the calendar the other day on my PC but can't access it on my mobile.
  • XefanXefan Member Posts: 1,149
    Oh well, nothing to buy in September I guess then :)
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 1,864
    The UK store calendar may have September (and the mini cooper) on the front but the dates and promos referred to are mostly for August. For example the mini mini promo is listed. What's up with that?
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,611
    edited September 2014
    Ok I just realised I made a huge mistake purchasing the Mini Cooper two days ago when I could have bought a Exo-Suit since it's limited and waited till October to buy the Mini Cooper for double points and a free Christmas set :/

I didn't even get a Mini MINI Cooper :/

This is really making me hate on the Mini Cooper now, not a very good situation :/
  • CHERUBboyCHERUBboy Member Posts: 98
    Might be in the US in October. Since VIP points convert 1:1, I should get about 16.5% in UK points, which is not bad. Will probably go for the Tumbler.
  • ToymakerToymaker Member Posts: 17
    Does this indicate there won't be a late October freebie promotional set like there was in 2013 with 40082?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,687
    jediami65 said:

Santa's Workshop I reckon. :o)
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Legoboy said:

jediami65 said:

Don't think it's the workshop as that set has already been announced and will be available for purchase this month for VIPs. Could be the next Modular but my guess is the UCS Slave 1.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    Toymaker said:

Does this indicate there won't be a late October freebie promotional set like there was in 2013 with 40082?

I imagine there will be a seasonal promo like that again (there has been for quite a few years now), to get people spending early in the Christmas run-up.
    That'll teach me to walk around with my eyes shut. Right you are. :o)

I actually don't have a clue what it could be. I don't think it's a mod or Slave 1. Not a clue.
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,434
    ^ UCS Slave 1 would be probably be anounced as "new UCS set revealed via TLG Facebook page"
    It might be the Santa Workshop, as pictures show the box labelled as Creator "Expert"
    however the press release says "modular"
    Could it be a new Modular Building?
    After Parisian Restaurant, would they release another Modular so soon?
    That would be good for the Modular line, but bad for my wallet if they do ....... :)
    bobabricks
    Toymaker said:

The 2nd Holiday promo will be available in November. It's a winter ice skating scene.
    ^ Thanks for the info. What is the 1st holiday promo set ? Last year we had two: 40082 in late October and 40083 on Black Friday. It was similar in 2011 but 2012 only had 3300014 for Black Friday.
    ^ the first one is the one pictured in the October calendar. It's a little toy workshop featuring a couple of elves and some micro build toys. It looks like an add on to Santa's workshop.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    Venunder said:

It might be the Santa Workshop, as pictures show the box labelled as Creator "Expert"
    however the press release says "modular"

Also the calendar says you can get the Sants's workshop set at the bottom so it wouldn't be a reveal if it is already plastered on the calendar.

^^ Thanks for the clarification.

^ It could well be the next modular...10243 was unveiled on 4 October 2013.
  • JumpinbeansJumpinbeans Member Posts: 70
    Looking forward to Santa's workshop

Looking forward to Santa's workshop

Me too! Although I will likely have to MOD it so that it is a little bigger. Can't believe I'm saying this, but this is the one time where I wish TLG would have stuck with the higher price point so that the model could have been more substantial. I don't collect the rest of the Winter Village theme due to lack of display space and a Godzilla like two year old, so Santa's work shop will be it for my xmas display.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,477
    ^it looks like the two freebie holiday models will be mini expansions to the Workshop so those will make a good head start. It might even convince me to go all in on the workshop.
  • parsomparsom Member Posts: 43
    ^ The 1st one - yes. But the 2nd is winter ice skating scene. Elves on skates? I hope not - too many elves for one year.
    And I hope that there will be some Christmas set in style of of this bat.
    By the way I have to say that September in EU [email protected] is rather weak.
    CircleK said:

Legoboy said:

jediami65 said:

Don't think it's the workshop as that set has already been announced and will be available for purchase this month for VIPs. Could be the next Modular but my guess is the UCS Slave 1.
    Minecraft?
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,019
    I think it could very well be the next modular; in fact, that is what I would bet on. I think it has been long enough since the PR was released that we are almost due for another; TLG has released two within 12 months before so none of us should be shocked that it would happen again.

I think it has equal chance of being true as does the possibility that it is the next UCS; wasn't the Sandcrawler released after the PR? So if you think its too soon for a modular then surely it must be too soon for a UCS?

It is certainly NOT the next winter village set as many have indicated that has already been "released" if you will and will be available to VIP's in the coming days, so many will already have it in hand and perhaps built by early October.

Of course, we could all be in for a huge surprise and it is nothing that we even thought of! Perhaps another Simpsons building?

Heck, who knows...
    I think it could very well be the next modular; in fact, that is what I would bet on. I think it has been long enough since the PR was released that we are almost due for another; TLG has released two within 12 months before so none of us should be shocked that it would happen again.

I think it has equal chance of being true as does the possibility that it is the next UCS; wasn't the Sandcrawler released after the PR? So if you think its too soon for a modular then surely it must be too soon for a UCS?

It is certainly NOT the next winter village set as many have indicated that has already been "released" if you will and will be available to VIP's in the coming days, so many will already have it in hand and perhaps built by early October.

Of course, we could all be in for a huge surprise and it is nothing that we even thought of! Perhaps another Simpsons building?

Heck, who knows...
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    Releasing Parisian Restaurant in January was a big mistake. Maybe they are correcting that to get it into the holiday shopping season.
    ^ Yep - A lot of people were bummed that they couldn't purchase PR during the holidays from what I remember. Pictures of the PR were leaked in October of last year and it was announced shortly after. So it very well could be the next mod since we are approaching the year marker since PR's announcement. The going rumor is that the next Modular is a Detective Agency.

I'm still thinking it will be the Slave 1 though. Although I do find it strange that we have heard zip about it so far.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    I'd quite like a ghost train carnival ride to go with the mixer just ahead of Halloween. No chance though. ;-)
    CircleK said:

I'm still thinking it will be the Slave 1 though. Although I do find it strange that we have heard zip about it so far.

hold that thought for about 1 more hour (2 at the max) ;)
    CircleK
    correction, cptnrex101 just shared the video from Just2good over at eurobricks in the star wars thread (no hour wait after all)
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874

I'd quite like a ghost train carnival ride to go with the mixer just ahead of Halloween. No chance though. ;-)

We just had the Ghost Train per Monster Fighters, so no. But...a modular Fun House for the "carnival series" would be great.
    Good thing I'm not a betting man...

So the official UCS Slave 1 announcement is probably going to happen a little bit sooner than October 6th now ;) Guess I'll jump on the next Modular bandwagon.
    I'm telling you. Modular.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    of course it's the modular, seems rather obvious
  • ChgoMattChgoMatt USAMember Posts: 108
    They show the new Halloween set.
  • Poisso3Poisso3 Member Posts: 196
    ChgoMatt said:

They show the new Halloween set.

The Halloween table topper set is out now.
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    Are the chances good Brick friday will be triple points? I have a HUGE order planned but would rather wait for triple points as opposed to double. But if no word comes out by the end of October, do I just go ahead and do the October double points?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,477
    ^maybe, but by then the freebie holiday model will probably be long gone.
    jdylak said:

Are the chances good Brick friday will be triple points? I have a HUGE order planned but would rather wait for triple points as opposed to double. But if no word comes out by the end of October, do I just go ahead and do the October double points?

If you have a huge, and depending on what you mean by that, order, then I would suggest spreading it out so you can enjoy some of the freebies just as much as double or triple VIP points; unless its just the points you are after.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 939
    edited September 2014
    I am going to need one of these. Could anyone help out a guy who doesn't have a brand store in his country?

EDIT: I obviously can't read properly. This is TRU, not the LEGO Store. Still, I also have no TRU so I'll leave the above appeal :)