Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Halloween set

ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,081
Saw this on ebay this morning. October give-away?

Comments

• koozkooz Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 158
    edited August 2014
    Searched for it--here's the link and a better picture. Any info anyone?
    $_57.JPG 231.9K
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,223
    I think this is just a Halloween party favor/cake topper much like the Birthday and Graduation cake toppers Lego sells. I can't imagine this being a giveaway.
  • jon_kjon_k UKMember Posts: 224
    just spoke to Lego Manchester and the above set is for sale on Monday
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    Saw this yesterday at the Arrowhead LEGO store (Phx,AZ). It was $7.99. Same size as the Bday/Grad sets.
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    For everyone who said that Monster Fighters should return every Halloween, here you go. ;)
    Lol, I've said that!
  • fred67fred67 USA - GAMember Posts: 15
    Yeah... I don't care about the cake-topper aspect, but that coffin is awesome... has it been in any other sets? I'd get a couple of these, despite not needing another vampire.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    ^ It is in #9464 and #9468
  • lessjunkfoodlessjunkfood United StatesMember Posts: 57
    Looks like it's 2x "Chest Lid" element 6005578 (http://brickset.com/parts/6005578) rather than 1x 6008340 and 1x 6005578 as in the above 2 sets, so it won't fit a minifig inside. Still, it's excellent.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    Saw it at the Cleveland store this week. Passed. $8 for that is a bit high for me. At $5 though, I would have bought all of them.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    I really think TLG should start a Halloween "village" like the Winter. It'd give them a chance to release a "Monster Fighters-ish" set once a year. There's a strong market there for that I think.
    pharmjod
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,019
    Also search for the wedding cake topper/favor; same concept and design really.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,926
    prevere said:

I really think TLG should start a Halloween "village" like the Winter. It'd give them a chance to release a "Monster Fighters-ish" set once a year. There's a strong market there for that I think.

I could only wish. I do not see it happening. MF was their 'village'. I would have bought yearly Halloween MF like sets, though.

I still have my Zombies, Castle and train ready. One each year to add to our scene... I'm good for 3 years, but after that I'm a bit hosed.

pookie
    I was hoping for the Halloween village idea as well. The typical response I hot was that Halloween just isn't that big a deal in most of the world. Oh well...