Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

SirKevBags' Dad. On a bike. For Fairybricks.

BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,280
Hi all!

After the raffle, Kev didn't feel that he could ask for any more donations, and so didn't want to publicise this, but (Sorry Kev!), I feel it's worth shouting about.

Kev's Dad, who is, let's say, over 21, it embarking on a 25 mile bike round around Durham this Sunday, raising money for our Favourite Lego-and-hospital related charity. He needs less than £200 to reach his target, and with nearly 90,000 Brickset members, if 0.5% of our membership donated just £1 each, he'd make it with cash to spare.

Completely understand if people are a bit charitied-out at the moment, but didn't want George to miss his target, simply because people weren't aware.

You can find his fundraising page here.

Cheers!
cheshirecatcarlqStormKittySirKevbagsLego_StarlegomattGothamConstructionCobobabricksCapnRex101LegoKipcaperberryEKSamy2joshrancorbait

Comments

• SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    I understand training has gone well so he is confident of completing the course. He is one of those annoying sporty people who even in retirement can just do everything to a reasonable standard immediately. I did not inherit such skills!
    Lego_StarBooTheMightyHamstercarlqbobabrickslegomatt
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    Wow, I did not know there was 90,000 brickset members! :O I'll be sure to donate. ;)
    SirKevbagscarlq
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,280
    According to the site stats on the front page (right at the bottom), there are currently 89,871 members.

A round of applause for @Huw I think!

Is there going to be a celebration when our 100,000th member joins? Some sort of prize?
    bobabricksLego_StarSirKevbagscarlq
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,541
    BLIMEY! Imagine if they were all current, all joined the forum, and read one of my jokes!

I'd have, like, ten more likes! LOL ;oP

BUT Now imagine posting a fairybricks chaarridee update... no, think of the Raffle!
    Up to 90000 likes on every post! Would our screens cope? You'd have to scroll half a mile to see the next post... 30,000 likes on that... scroll scroll scroll scroll... scroll scroll scroll scroll... Red 5 Sausage 27% (Dammit)... Scroll scroll scroll scroll...

:oP
    Lego_StarCapnRex101carlqAndor
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Just an update on Big George

He is actually close to £800 with his offline efforts so not far off a couple of North East hospitals. Durham definitely and Darlington probably. He can do a DD donation but we best be careful with that. It might attract the wrong crowd! ;-)
    carlqLego_Star
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 1,886
    edited August 2014
    @SirKevbags‌
    Bravo! Very Well done George! I meant to post to wish him good luck, seems he didn't need it!
    SirKevbags
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,280
    Congrats! Tremendous effort!
    SirKevbags
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    Fantastic! I am in awe of Big George. I'm sure his son was on hand to ply him with a celebratory tipple afterwards? ;-)
    SirKevbags
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,541
    ^ And on a bike too! I'm amazed he managed to steer straight with all those boxes piled on. ;oP
    carlq
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Well done Sir Hairy Fairy Senior :p

PS: Hey Kev did you recive the email I sent you last week?