Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

SirKevBags' Dad. On a bike. For Fairybricks.

BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,296
Hi all!

After the raffle, Kev didn't feel that he could ask for any more donations, and so didn't want to publicise this, but (Sorry Kev!), I feel it's worth shouting about.

Kev's Dad, who is, let's say, over 21, it embarking on a 25 mile bike round around Durham this Sunday, raising money for our Favourite Lego-and-hospital related charity. He needs less than £200 to reach his target, and with nearly 90,000 Brickset members, if 0.5% of our membership donated just £1 each, he'd make it with cash to spare.

Completely understand if people are a bit charitied-out at the moment, but didn't want George to miss his target, simply because people weren't aware.

You can find his fundraising page here.

Cheers!
cheshirecatcarlqStormKittySirKevbagsLego_StarlegomattGothamConstructionCobobabricksCapnRex101LegoKipcaperberryEKSamy2joshrancorbait

Comments

• SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    I understand training has gone well so he is confident of completing the course. He is one of those annoying sporty people who even in retirement can just do everything to a reasonable standard immediately. I did not inherit such skills!
    Lego_StarBooTheMightyHamstercarlqbobabrickslegomatt
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    Wow, I did not know there was 90,000 brickset members! :O I'll be sure to donate. ;)
    SirKevbagscarlq
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,296
    According to the site stats on the front page (right at the bottom), there are currently 89,871 members.

A round of applause for @Huw I think!

Is there going to be a celebration when our 100,000th member joins? Some sort of prize?
    bobabricksLego_StarSirKevbagscarlq
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    BLIMEY! Imagine if they were all current, all joined the forum, and read one of my jokes!

I'd have, like, ten more likes! LOL ;oP

BUT Now imagine posting a fairybricks chaarridee update... no, think of the Raffle!
    Up to 90000 likes on every post! Would our screens cope? You'd have to scroll half a mile to see the next post... 30,000 likes on that... scroll scroll scroll scroll... scroll scroll scroll scroll... Red 5 Sausage 27% (Dammit)... Scroll scroll scroll scroll...

:oP
    Lego_StarCapnRex101carlqAndor
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Just an update on Big George

He is actually close to £800 with his offline efforts so not far off a couple of North East hospitals. Durham definitely and Darlington probably. He can do a DD donation but we best be careful with that. It might attract the wrong crowd! ;-)
    carlqLego_Star
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    edited August 2014
    @SirKevbags‌
    Bravo! Very Well done George! I meant to post to wish him good luck, seems he didn't need it!
    SirKevbags
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,296
    Congrats! Tremendous effort!
    SirKevbags
  • carlqcarlq Ruislip Manor, MiddlesexMember Posts: 792
    Fantastic! I am in awe of Big George. I'm sure his son was on hand to ply him with a celebratory tipple afterwards? ;-)
    SirKevbags
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    ^ And on a bike too! I'm amazed he managed to steer straight with all those boxes piled on. ;oP
    carlq
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Well done Sir Hairy Fairy Senior :p

PS: Hey Kev did you recive the email I sent you last week?