Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Halloween Bat Set 40090

LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
edited August 2014 in Collecting
How cute is this?

I just found it at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, California.
binaryeyericecakemargotdougtsLego_StarpreverebobabricksherekittykittyLostInTranslationGCSLegoSarahIsabellacarlqwhataslackerT_LarsMorkMan

Comments

• binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,733
    I hope that makes it to [email protected] What was the price?
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    @‌binaryeye
    It sells for $9.99. I'm sure it will go to [email protected] Maybe the B&M stores are a bit ahead as my store also has all of the advent calendars now.
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    A Halloween set last year was the Witch's Head (I wish I'd grabbed a few more of those), so I'm curious to see what the Halloween poly will be this year. This bat, though, is really kind of cool looking!
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,749
    TRU will be getting #40055 at some point.
  • lessjunkfoodlessjunkfood United StatesMember Posts: 57
    LOVED the Witch's Head poly last year, bought several. Looking forward to seeing the Halloween merch take over the back-to-school area at Target in the next couple weeks & see what this year's poly will be.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    edited August 2014
    The Witch head went on brown clearance at TRUs that still had them so ~$0.90 each. Picked up a bunch for the parts. I looks like last years seasonal polys have transformed into the seasonal $9.99 box. The bat is like the easter rabbit one.
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 1,855
    Confused. Thought #40055 Pumpkin was Halloween set last year and #40032 Witch was 2012. I'm in the UK. Did the US and the UK get different sets?

@Legokip, think @Huw would like images for the database for #40090?
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,749
    They are exclusives to the LEGO store when released, then Target or TRU gets them the following year.
    Lego_Star
    Here is the back of the box plus the model built.

Yes, it even holds the pumpkin in its wings:
    margotGigglebyte
    @Lego_Star Yes, of course! I would scan the building instructions for Huw too, but I haven't got a scanner. :(

@Huw, please feel free to use any of these images, along with this one 40091-1 appearing on the back of the instructions booklet:
    Lego_StarLostInTranslationprevere
    edited August 2014
    @Legokip Great pictures, thanks especially for posting the one of #40091! Really fond of seasonal sets.
    @Lego_Star You're welcome! I feel the same about autumn holidays and Christmas.
    I can't take the credit for the build - my son couldn't wait and had it together before I knew it! :)
    Lego_Star
    I don't think I could have waited either!
  • herekittykittyherekittykitty Member Posts: 122
    That might be the cutest bat I've ever seen.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    Best turkey yet. And love the piece count on the bat for $10. It would be cute if the $10 sets also included a micro build that was around 15 parts.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,391
  • whataslackerwhataslacker Member Posts: 4
    Love both sets
  • B_HollsB_Holls Member Posts: 41
    Nice I am liking the turkey and the Bat will have too pick them up. The seasonal models are getting better each year
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    Wonder if they'll be a snowman or santa for christmas in the same sytle.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,926
    My son built this tonight. Seriously awesome bat. This has been my favorite holiday set so far.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,378
    Is the other set in this auction a new set or an old one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/201159706583?item=201159706583&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466
  • knooseknoose Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2014
    @Bosstone100‌ the other set is a new set that is to be released this year. the image is not even in the database yet.
  • parsomparsom Member Posts: 43
    When the bat will be available at [email protected]? Any ideas?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,685
    edited August 2014
    Tomorrow I think, same with the Advents.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,172
    Seriously thinking about hitting the LEGO store tomorrow, as the Bat is out, and the Space guy I believe is also available as well for a purchase of 99 USD or over.
    @Bosstone100‌
    I saw the Halloween cake topper you mentioned at my California LEGO store today.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    edited September 2014
    It's available at [email protected] in UK at £8.49. Limit of 20!