Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Good Shipping, Bad Shipping (UK)

johnsbricksjohnsbricks Member Posts: 210
edited September 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
I thought it might be useful for buyers to be aware of who the good companies are in terms of shipping Lego... (from my experience)...

Amazon - Good - ships in boxes
Indigostarfish - Good - use to ship in jiffybags but after a complaint has used boxes
WHSmith - Bad - use jiffybags and even after complaining they say they can't do anything about it
[email protected] - Good (of course)
Tesco - OK - Ships to store in bags though I have complained and they said they'll use boxes in future
Boots - OK if collect in store but have read bad comments elsewhere
Highlife shop (BA) - Brilliant, uses cardboard outer box and foam bits

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    edited September 2011
    Asda ships to store in jiffys. Having complained about shoddy condition, told me for them to ship in a bag was not the norm (we all know that's not true) and subsequently refunded 50%.

Play.com came in boxes and were fine.

To receive from The Hut next week (I hope) and will report, although I'm sure there are others on here that can comment beforehand.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    Argos Outlet - Very poor packaging. Polythene courier bag with no padding, packing or outer box.
    edited September 2011
    ^^ Packaging from The Hut was surprising good - really good! Boxed, 'air-bags' below and above the LEGO set. Exceptional.

Edit:- I don't know why the third picture has imported upside down?
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    ^ Yup. That's exactly what I said it would be like (in a similar thread to this), cardboard box with air bags. All my large thehut orders have arrived like that.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,742
    First time I've bought from The Hut, and I'm impressed - huge (50%) discount on my Whitecap Bay set, very fast delivery and securely packed just like flump's and matt's in a cardboard box and air bags. Boots and Argos to name just two - look and learn, chumps...
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    ^ make that 4, my 1/2 price Whitcap Bay arrived yesterday in exactly the same condition. Awesome service.
  • sirrich69sirrich69 Member Posts: 515
    Add Argos direct to the list of bad shipping the same as Argos clearance just a blue plastic shipping bag around the sets you order, absolutley shocking.

One to add to the great shipping is Jaq in a box. Cardboard box with air bags. Also paid the extra £1 for tracking, got a text message this mornig from the courier indicaitng the hour slot they would deliver, you could text back and move this hour time slot in the day, absolutley brilliant.The currier was DPD and that is a service DPD offer,not a jac in abox service but well worth the extra £1 in my opinion.

So 2 packages arrived to day both in good condition one from Argos Direct ( so lucky with this one) and one from Jaq in a box.
    edited September 2011
    ^ Ported from another thread - my experience having received £480's worth of LEGO from Argos Direct. WTF??? Congratulations Argos!