Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

"National Ghostbusters Day" To Take Place Thursday, August 28, 2014

jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
http://enewsi.com/movies/190-27075.html

Paragraph 5 pasted below... Any one aware of any 'New" GB sets coming out" or am I reading this wrong?

There will also be a slew of new merchandise from Sony Pictures Consumer Products to be released. Collaborations include Lego, Mattel, Funko, Mad Engine and other select items to help celebrate the occasion. In addition, SPCP partnered with Gallery 1988 to create a once-in a lifetime experience, displaying original paintings, limited edition prints, and sculptures inspired by the film.
just2good

Comments

• CrownieCrownie WA StateMember Posts: 228
    They're referring to the Anniversary of Ghostbusters, as in all-year long. Mattel has figures (supposedly) coming out late this year, LEGO released the Ecto-1, Funko has their POP! line, ect. I don't see much in the way of new things being released we don't already know about. (And I'm a bit of a Ghostbusters fan, so I'd like to think I'd know...) ;-)

(Sony, of course is referring to the Blu-rays of GB 1 & 2. And am I ever stoked about GB 2!)
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    @Crownie thanks, I was hoping maybe there would be an exclusive Sigourney Weaver - Dana Barrett, Rick Moranis - Louis Tully or even Annie Potts - Janine Melnitz exclusive mini-figure released...still hopeful.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, i would so love to see a follow-up set to the Ecto-1, featuring some ghosts to bust. Or perhaps just vignettes, such as ghost lady at library - Get Her! (with alternate calm/terrifying face), or Walter peck shutting off the containment system.

Or (in more regular type sets), Dana (with alternate possessed face), Janine, and Louis Tully (alternate possessed face) would be some nice figs to have. Gozer (aim for the flat top!), Terror dog, and of course Slimer.
    Sadly, not likely to happen (unless GB3 comes out, Lego picks it up, and they then make a few throw-back retro sets to go with). But I do reckon this was one license lego could've made several successful sets for. Perhaps even a modular series style Sedgwick Hotel and/or GBHQ.
  • CrownieCrownie WA StateMember Posts: 228
    This set is definitely a one-off, and in my opinion I think they really did themselves a disservice by not including Slimer.
  • bkprbkpr Texas, USAMember Posts: 295
    ^ Indeed. Slimer is probably more iconic than the Ghostbusters themselves, and on par with Stay Puft man.