Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Original knights featured in town?

adventure_aladventure_al Scotland Member Posts: 243
I know the knights first appeared in a town set. (Which had a few variations across Europe)

This pre-dated the original 'yellow castle' even so we are talking early 70s.

However I can't recall the set name or number. Can anyone help?

It was a sort of modern (for the time) town square but had a little carnival/parade featuring a few knights if I recall correctly.

Over to you...

Comments

• adventure_aladventure_al Scotland Member Posts: 243
    Might of got the dates a bit off but certainly 70s
    My memory playing tricks.

I was referring to set 1592 + 1593
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,334
    You almost answered your own question and a simple search would have revealed it :-)

http://brickset.com/sets/1592-1/Town-Square-Castle-Scene

Huw said:

You almost answered your own question and a simple search would have revealed it

I assure you it took more than a simple search.

'Town square' brought up the newer sets

And searches for knights only directed me to castle lines.

But got there in the end!
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,733
    ^ Searching for "town square" brings up both #60026 and #1592 for me.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,235
    ^Me too. I wish I would have seen this earlier, I wouldn't have to look it up :) I knew the set name, but I didn't know the set number.

"All too easy"
  • augenaugen Worcester, UKMember Posts: 317
    #1592 postdates #375 by two years. I remember the former as my friend saved up the Weetabix tokens to buy it (not mentioned in the product notes @Huw).

There's an interesting thread discussing it and its variations on this forum.
    Pitfall69
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Cool, never knew knights first showed up in a town set.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,541
    My memory isn't perfect going so far back, but I believe this was my first major lego set. I keep meaning to rebuild it, as I still have most of it, though what's left of the minifigures are pretty beat up, sadly.

I must rebuild this.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,541
    Just checked database, there's a few sets that came before it in my collection (shell station, and #617 cowboys to name two), but town centre is the set I have clearest memory of... it was such a wow set. Had everything: vehicles, road plates, buildings, a castle/museum, lots of bricks, trees and flowers, lots of figures, even a statue (which was such a brilliant feature to me back then).

Ah, memories... :o,