Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[USA] TRU BOGO 50% Sep. 9 - 10

sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
edited September 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
Just got an email for Toys R Us Buy One Get One 50% Off, Sept 9 and 10 only. No exclusions identified.

Dunno if it stacks with the $40 off $150 deal going on. Guess we'll find out around midnight. Too bad sets like Grand Emporium, Fire Brigade, and MMV have flat out been removed from the site. I noticed the Winter Bakery has gone missing as well.

Comments

• typocorrectotypocorrecto Member Posts: 196
    I just got that email about the BOGO and I noticed the slickness of TRU by removing those sets from their site...I'm hoping the coupons stack...
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    They were sold out last I checked before they were removed anyway. It'd still be nice to see them listed, from an optimist perspective. :)

If they don't stack, then the $40 off $150 is a better deal for those around the $150 mark. It's more like a net 26.33% off vs. only 25% off. Plus you can pick individual sets vs having to find two comparably priced sets - which is even more difficult now that you can only buy 1 of each set over $99 in an order.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Looks like we have some investigating to do in about an hour. :o)
    ^ Yep. See ya then. Gonna get some popcorn and Mt Dew. I'll be reporting what I'm finding. Will try multiple approaches.

Might need to make an early visit to the B&M tomorrow as well. I've found the stacking works better in the stores vs. on-line. This was the case with the Facebook coupon and the $40 off $150. Although the Facebook coupon booted the free Trolley set deal. Bizarre.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    GE was removed from their site about 4 or 5 days ago, and hasn't been back since. Fire Brigade was still on there as of yesterday, but sold out.

I'd be shocked if they stack. definately not online. in stores you might have a better chance, but even there I'd doubt it. I'll try it anyway
  • datkiddedatkidde Member Posts: 108
    What time does the BOGO kick in?
    edited September 2011
    ^ Typically would have started by now. Dunno what's up.

There's a banner on the homepage, but none of the sets appear to be honoring the BOGO. It's not listed in the deals for the product pages either.
    I can't even get the $40 off $150 to work. I added the Ninjago Fire Temple and the Ninjago Lightening Dragon and it only takes $10 off my order.
    ^ You gotta remove the Trolley freebie from your cart.
    Ah gotcha, thanks. The sales works out the same as the BOGO. Now it won't take my rewards certificates.
    ^ Yeah, the BOGO by itself is only better than the $40 off $150 deal for items over $160.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 342
    Is there any way to stack any of the offers? Not including the trolley....
  • bluelion3bluelion3 Member Posts: 156
    It doesn't look like you can combine the $40 off $150 with the BOGO50%, although they are both still in effect separately this morning.

I really like the $40 off $150 deal, so I hope they do it again after my wallet recharges... I usually can't convince my wife to let me buy two big ticket items at the same time, and BOGO is less useful for a large set combined with a medium or small set.

I find it very disappointing that you can't use both the $40 off $150 and get the HP trolley online! Is it really that hard for the website to understand?
  • bluelion3bluelion3 Member Posts: 156
    Actually, it looks like the only way to get $40 off $150 today is to buy one item that costs over $150 on its own. If you have two items in the cart, it defaults to BOGO, even if the cart has over $150 combined.
    I gave up last night and tried this morning when I work up. Everything appears to be in stock - including GE, FB, MMV, and even Death Star (although nothing to really pair it with until SSD comes to TRU).

Like bluelion3 said, it appears the BOGO takes precedence. You can get the BOGO and $40 off $150, only if you add a third (or more) item which is $150 or over. It then takes the $40 off the highest priced item - not the third item you add. So you could do the Yellow Cargo Train, Imperial Flagship, and Red Cargo Train. It would do 50% off on the Imperial Flagship and $40 off the Yellow Cargo Train. In theory you could probably return the Red Cargo Train in store if you want to go to that trouble and don't believe this is abusing the system. The other downside is free shipping only goes up to $20 off. Three large items is typically more than $20 in shipping, so there'd be a small fee for that. Dunno if you get refunded for that when you return items or not.

I'm going to try in-store later today and see if they stack.
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 361
    Ughhhh....Toys R Us is killing my credit card!!!
  • CountryboyCountryboy Member Posts: 36
    This was a nice bonus. I finally bit the bullet and picked up the Emporium and the Fire Brigade. Was nice to get one for half off!!!!
  • tdhbrtdhbr Member Posts: 188
    What happened?!?!? I looked through all the LEGO on the TRU website earlier this morning, then took a break to think about what to get. When I decided (MMV and Emerald Night) and came back an hour later ... the BOGO deal was gone from the LEGO listings! Anyone else notice this?
  • TalasAntaresTalasAntares Member Posts: 124
    TRU just posted to their Facebook page that the BOGO deal runs until the 17th...
    @tdhbr- Just checked the TRU site and the bogo deal is still showing for me.
    I just went back (two hours later), and the deal showed up again. Plus, Grand Emporium (shown earlier to be out of stock) is now shown available. I guess if you don't see what you want, try again later.
    Interesting to note that my local TRU has the signage up for the BOGO sale, saying only the 9th and 10th. However, the e-mail I received says it goes until the 17th. I guess I can hope that the store will honor the e-mail later in the week after my reward certificates show up. lol
    interesting, because my email said 9th/10th only.

PS - anyone go in store yet to see if BOGO is stacking with the 10/25/40 discount? I'd be shocked, but I still wonder...
    The signage I saw had both promotions listed, the BOGO *OR* the 10/25/40 discount. I went for the BOGO and free HP polybag.
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 542
    edited September 2011
    ^ That is correct. The week 10/25/40 promotion will take precedence over the BOGO on the registers - they do not stack. This is very frustrating for any price falling between $50-100, where you will get the $10 rather than the BOGO of at least $25.

But the BOGO works with the free Trolley in the stores. Note, however, that the Trolley is free if the NON-SALE price hits about $30.

For example, in my case, on the back of a shelf they had one 8014 Clone Walker Battle Pack and one 8015 Assassin Droid Battle Pack, so I got those for the TRU markup of $14.99 each, so $29.98, which still scored me the free Trolley, plus then I received the BOGO, so two discontinued sets and the HP for $22.50.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,865
    Debating on whether to go buy (another) new Red cargo train with the 40 discount and using the 2 5 buck of reward coupons I have....
    Or buy another Yellow cargo train and get a discount on that.
    i haven't broken down and got the red cargo train yet - mostly because I am not really using the yellow train i got several months back.
  • kebblekebble Member Posts: 5
    I'm sure this news is around already but Toys"R"us is going to be doing a 30% off all Starwars Lego on the 11th. It seems to go on for the flyer week but it's still better than the "Buy one, get one 50% off". Of course this offer is in-store only so "No deathstars for you"!

Well I'll have a source/Lego-mule in Nevada so I'm happy.
  • jwsmartjwsmart Member Posts: 298
    I know the promotion is over, but I thought I would mention it here...
    I went in-store, and bought $149.96 worth of LEGO (in pairs, just in case I didn't meet the $150 threshold), and got $40 off - pro-rated among the items.

This is definitely a new wrinkle in the TRU sale strategy, which I thought I had figured out...
  • DatoDato Member Posts: 111
    edited September 2011
    I took advantage of the TRU "$25 off $100 purchase" last week with a couple of Star Wars sets (clone trooper and Noboo) to meet the $100 threshold. I just found they were about $5 and $3 cheaper this morning. I was wondering if I return the two sets from my purchase, would I lose my $25 discount completely, partially, or, in the unlikely scenario, keep the $25 discount? Thanks.
  • jagdjhjagdjh Member Posts: 95
    ^Have you checked how it rang up on your receipt? Most of the time TRU takes a percentage of the discount off each item.
  • DatoDato Member Posts: 111
    ^Have you checked how it rang up on your receipt? Most of the time TRU takes a percentage of the discount off each item.
    I placed the order online, and I haven't received them. The e-receipt I got had $25 taken off of the most expensive item (the train station set).
    In-store signs at TRU say BOGO 50% is through 9/17. All Star Wars Lego is on sale, but not all are 30% off. Most appear to be about 10%. And signs specifically say you get either the SW sale price or BOGO.