Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Ugh, this hobby is so expensive!

2»

Comments

• 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,021
    legogal said:

If Americans in these positions don't receive adequate tips, they will never be able to afford luxury items like LEGO.

Shaking my head and walking away thinking, "Did you just say that."
    dougts
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    Wow! That would be nice! Not sure if it is the law and just where it applies.
    But if the min wage is still too low, the problem still exists. And folks still can't buy food or LEGO.
  • adventure_aladventure_al Scotland Member Posts: 243
    It's a real pity they don't have the proper "entry level" sets anymore. I'm only 26 but remember spending my pocket money on the small sets costing me £1.50, these were little more than a mini fig and very small build but along with my bucket of bricks brought endless fun.

A sign of the times I suppose. I realise everything has increased in price. I know we have the minifigure series but I still think there is a gap between that and the starting price £5+ sets.

I think they should bring back small sets (think uk shell promo size) at around £3 if it was viable

That or make polybags more readily available for general sale
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,827
    There are small sets like #60000, #60006, #60011, #60041 and #60032 at just under a fiver, along with Mixels and Friends animals. The city ones often get discounted to £2.50 each.

• bendybadgerbendybadger 127.0.0.1 ::1Member Posts: 1,141
    I think the Mixels sets are great value. There is so much building potential in each set and at a pocket money price too. Have had so much fun building and rebuilding these.
    GothamConstructionCo
  • LFCostaLFCosta Member Posts: 1
    Agree with @bendybadger‌, Creator sets are great as well.