Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO fight Against Chinese counterfeit LEGO

Comments

• daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 452
    edited May 2019
    SumoLego said:
    I find the Coca-Cola can to be curious in its incorrect precision.
    Yeah, the actual Fat Thor is holding a beer, not unlike the actual Fat Daewoo.
    SumoLego
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 566
    Any truth to the rumor that Lepin has been reborn as King Bricks? I saw mention of this on Instagram, not sure if it's true though.
  • CyberdragonCyberdragon Maryland, U.S.AMember Posts: 493
    edited September 2019
    https://customizeminifiguresintelligence.wordpress.com/2019/08/25/lepin-is-death-long-live-the-king/

Black and white boxes XD. I'd say they're pretty scared and are going to get stomped soon. Their website is still online and selling NOS Lepin sets. Lego can and should file a DMCA takedown with Google to ban their site from searches (though they could have already and the URL keeps changing).
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    In Germany,a rather large Shop/Distributor for „alternative Bricks“has received a action for injunction (?) for sets that contain Minifigures that look to similar to the Lego one! Over here a lot of AFOBs (Adult Fan of Bricks,thats how they call themselves) started a shitstorm on youtube/fb with a „david vs. goliath“ scenario,with Lego obviously beeing the Goliath! It looks like this is going to be a prime example about how it‘s going on from here about selling/distributing fake Lego in the EU!
    The name of the distributor/shop is bluebrixx if you want to google! They also create their own sets,partly based on ip‘s (they don‘t have) and partly the focus on stuff like Trains! One of their designers is btw Orion Pax!
    CCC
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,430
  • EvilTwinEvilTwin UKMember Posts: 124
    On the page it says
    NOTE ! 
    The  product package does not contain stickers and is electronically printed. The printed parts are replaced by ordinary parts and do not contain third-party accessories. The manual and renderings are for reference only and are subject to the actual parts package.

I really hate that kind of weaselly wording that always appears on the fakers' pages. Is this actually saying that the set doesn't contain any printed parts? I guess it's someone's MOC that they have ripped off and haven't reproduced any printed parts used.
    Bludchylde1
  • Bludchylde1Bludchylde1 Member Posts: 49
    @Bosstone100, that is one of Brick Monster's designs. So they are essentially stealing other people's designs.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-21474/brick_monster/modular-police-station/#comments

It's showing a price of $9.99 for me on Rebrickable for the instructions.
    Fizyxgmonkey76andhestluxKungFuKennypxchrisBaby_YodaCyberdragonAstrobricks
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,430
    I figured there was shenanigans going on. Thanks
    KungFuKenny
    I'm assuming they're trying to avoid stealing Lego prints...so you'll just end up with a boring blank build. They're OK with stealing private IP but dare not brush with Lego lest they get literally smashed like Lepin (they still should though). A nasty scam all the way around. 

Scroll to the last photo page showing how to chance currency. "Carbon Freeze Chamber" *facepalm* Who does that really belong to?
    KungFuKenny
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,337
    That Carbon Freeze Chamber is another one available on Rebrickable here.

I recognize quite a few of "their" sets; pretty confident 100% of them are stolen from designs available on Rebrickable.
    KungFuKennyandhe
  • blokey9blokey9 MelbourneMember Posts: 132
    i have come across a guy who has found the perfect way to use Lepin bricks. he builds model cars and cuts up the Lepin bricks whenever he needs to build a part from scratch. I've seen him use them to make radiator parts, filter boxes and large tubing.
    560HeliportFizyx
    stlux said:
    That Carbon Freeze Chamber is another one available on Rebrickable here.

I recognize quite a few of "their" sets; pretty confident 100% of them are stolen from designs available on Rebrickable.
    If you look at the Rebrickable comments people have been reporting this for some time now. Not sure how many people are trying to take action though. Watermarking your MOC photos would be a good start though.
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    Recently I stumbled upon a brand called Nifeliz. 

It seems to me they aren't copying any retail Lego products. However, I feel like there's a chance I've seen the designs before as well, perhaps as MOC's? 

Just curious as to what information may be out there about them - the sets are being sold on Amazon under the banner of 'Sold by Nifeliz fulfilled by Amazon.'
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    Recently I stumbled upon a brand called Nifeliz. 

It seems to me they aren't copying any retail Lego products. However, I feel like there's a chance I've seen the designs before as well, perhaps as MOC's? 

Just curious as to what information may be out there about them - the sets are being sold on Amazon under the banner of 'Sold by Nifeliz fulfilled by Amazon.'
    I actually had a chance to do some looking into this on my own, and it does indeed appear they're using MOC's as bases for their models, all Technic.

The one in particular I looked for was the 919, and there's also a P1. I found both on Rebrickable, and while not exactly the same - they were close enough. 

Is there any way to report them?
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 422
    It would have made sense on a Frozen set. Elsa's specialty is just-ice magic.
    560HeliportBaby_YodaKungFuKennySumoLegoJern92
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,313
    Tkatt said:
    Did I miss a scene in the film? I don't recall any ice cream & chocolate being eaten...
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,137
    Tkatt said:
    I applaud your cleverness.  If Lele were that smart, I would have similarly impressed.
    Tkatt
    OOOOOO....they stole box art...they're gonna get stomped. News story will probably be like "Another counterfeit Lego factory raided. Workers storm out screaming LELELELELELELELELE...." XD
    SumoLego
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 278
    SumoLego said:
    At this point, is there anyone who hasn't seen Endgame?  It's been three weeks since the International release.
    I haven't 
    SumoLego
    legobod said:
    SumoLego said:
    At this point, is there anyone who hasn't seen Endgame?  It's been three weeks since the International release.
    I haven't 
    You. Couch. TV. Netflix. NOW! XD
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 278
    ^ It's not on Netflix and probably won't be now Disney has their own service.
    It's on Disney+.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,980
    Pricks ...

AstrobricksmadforLEGOSumoLegostlux
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,803
    Justice magician.. is that the new cop show that JK Rowling is doing?
    SumoLegoandhe
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 452
    legobod said:
    ^ It's not on Netflix and probably won't be now Disney has their own service.
    It was on Netflex for well over a month, at least here in the States.
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 572
    Now, it would be neat to see LEGO do a knockoff of one of this brand's original sets...On topic, didn't Lepin get shut down?
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,939
    Ebay is full of knockoffs and none I report get pulled - lots of "Baby Yoda" sets.
    edited May 18
    Big Fig Black Panther is an interesting choice.  Also disturbing.
    andheVorpalRyu
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,104
    You can pretty much get a big fig anything now it seems. It's like when Marvel did that run where everyone got hulked out. 
    SumoLego
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 182
    $21.24 total from China shipped. 

560Heliport
    andhe said:
    You can pretty much get a big fig anything now it seems. It's like when Marvel did that run where everyone got hulked out. 
    I'm holding out for a big fig of Baby Groot.  And Yoda...
    ericbandhe
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,308
    dehnehsu said:
    $21.24 total from China shipped. 

shouldn’t Minnie and Mickey be self quarantining or at least wearing masks? 🤔🙂
    SumoLego560Heliportgmonkey76andheBumblepantsVorpalRyu
    They're quarantined on the S.S. Willie.

They probably need other forms of protection.
    560Heliportgmonkey76im2cre8ivBumblepantsbandit778KungFuKennyVorpalRyu
    SumoLego said:

They're stuck at sea with all of the cruise ships...running out of supplies and fuel and desperately trying to find a dock that'll except them...
    560HeliportandheKungFuKenny
    SumoLego said:

They're stuck at sea with all of the cruise ships...running out of supplies and fuel and desperately trying to find a dock that'll except them...
    With an eye-patch wearing Dennis Hopper and a Web-footed Kevin Costner? 
    560HeliportKungFuKennySumoLegoVorpalRyu
    Try Tortuga.  They'll let anyone in that port.
    gmonkey76madforLEGOandheKungFuKennybrickventuresVorpalRyu
    Haven't they got an unlimited supply of potatoes.
    KungFuKennyCymbelineSumoLegoVorpalRyu
    CCC said:
    Would those burn in a steam boiler? That might smell funny if you tried.
    SumoLego
    CCC said:
    Would those burn in a steam boiler? That might smell funny if you tried.
    Or really good, with a little oil and some basil.
    Mini is also going to end up looking like a bodybuilder if he's making her shovel coal (or potatoes) and operate the engine(s).
    Bigfig Minnie Mouse? Don't give the bootleggers ideas... 
    KungFuKennyCyberdragon
  • bricknationbricknation Member Posts: 706
    Another copycat website:.  sale/toyshes/com
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,132
    edited July 21
    That first links user name is taking the p*** .
    Someone's trying to hitch a ride on the coat tails of a certain respectable sites web search.

Not cool. 
    KungFuKennyAstrobricks
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,882
    Disgusting. I have no problem with other companies making "LEGO-compatible" toys, as long as they make their own designs, but these are theft, period. 
    CharmiefcbRogerKirkAstrobricks
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 109
    You can read “LEGO” on the studs of the barracuda picture. 

That should be reason enough to get these taken down
    AstrobricksRogerKirk

Lepin don't seem to have gone away. They are still pumping out new sets.
  • jedivalkyriejedivalkyrie Member Posts: 209
    Next - the V-22 Osprey? 😂
    panchox1SumoLego