SDCC Minifigs

MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
I'm guessing this is due to the way they are listed by Bricklink and so I'm not sure if there is the possibility of updating things in some sort of Brickset only amendment, but here goes.

The 2011 and 2012 SH SDCC exclusive minifigures sit with the rest of the general release SH minifigures in the database, but the 2013 and 2014 ones sit as sets.

I can see why the newer ones could be classed as sets as they have blister style packaging which can be closed, rather than just being attached to a piece of card, although is there a reason why the figures aren't also listed as figures and is there the chance to updating things so that they are?

This would then also apply to others (SH and other themes) like Rocket's Warbird, Bard, Unikitty, The Batmobile (the figures are in the list, but by virtue of their appearance in the Juniors set, without then a mention of them being in the SDCC Batmobile), Azog and any others I've not thought of.

Is there any chance this could be applied?

Comments

• GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    amen this annoyed me the other day! i have 100% complete superhero collection, but brickset wont confirm it :)
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Looks like we're using a different set numbering system than BrickLink for these, I'll have a look and see if I can get them aligned. The minifigures should then appear once Brickset is looking for an inventory in the right place on Bricklink.
    Right, I think that all of the rogue ones are now using the same numbering convention as Bricklink - COMCON040-1 for example. Brickset should pick up the inventory (where there is one) from Bricklink overnight, so hopefully the minifigures will display in the morning :-)

For those who have the 2014 figures, how are they packaged? Is it a blister pack, or can you open it to remove the figure without destroying the packaging?
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    Matthew said:

Right, I think that all of the rogue ones are now using the same numbering convention as Bricklink - COMCON040-1 for example. Brickset should pick up the inventory (where there is one) from Bricklink overnight, so hopefully the minifigures will display in the morning :-)

For those who have the 2014 figures, how are they packaged? Is it a blister pack, or can you open it to remove the figure without destroying the packaging?

@Matthew‌ - The packaging for the 2014 minifigures is the exact same as it was for 2013. You can open/close the pack from the top and remove the figure/packaging without doing any damage to the contents.
    Thanks. I've classed them as a Plastic Box in the database, that seems the most appropriate option.
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    edited August 2014
    ^^ like this, (just because I'm excited that I can class myself as an owner of a couple of the 2014 figures now too and so can post photos of them :-D).

And thanks @Matthew sounds like you've sorted it out. Result! Although a double edged sword. On the one hand it means I can tick a couple more off on the owned list :-); but on the other also adds another four to the wanted list too :-s, before I can class the SH's as complete, (they're all SDCC ones too so I think it's going to take my wallet a while).
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    @Mojoest I just have to ask, is there any tape on the 2014 SDCC's. It's always painful cutting through tape on something rare like that. ;P
    Nope no tape :-). The back of the plastic clam shell is a snug fit into the front and so there is more than enough purchase to keep the two from falling open, so tape isn't needed.

I guess there's something about never having taken it out of the packet, but I bought them from someone else and so they may well have taken it out then, and as there's no seal it doesn't make much difference anyway.

Also for display I've found the plastic too reflective and so I'm displaying the figure in front of the card in a similar way to the old CC exclusives (without doing anything which would stop or detract from me putting them back in the packet if I ever wanted to).
    @Matthew I've had a look and the minifigures haven't moved into the minifigs section, (for the SH ones at least). I think this might be because BL don't list them in their SH section? http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=M&catID=768 . Can this be a separate add on on Brickset's list?
    I've had another look, Bricklink don't seem to have an inventory for all of them. The Zur-En-Arrh Batman for example, the listing for the 'set' (minifigure, accessories and packaging) now links up to the set listing at Bricklink, but as no-one has submitted an inventory Brickset doesn't know that the set contains a minifigure.

It seems to have worked for Azog though :-)
    Ah ok. So in theory if i were to add inventories to the sets on Bricklink, (not really sure of the process for this, but hopefully its not too complicated or drawn out and as a mere BL buyer rather than some sort of admin I could do this, or at least suggest it to someone who can), then they would pull through to Brickset?

Hmm a nice challenge there :-)
    Ok so that wasn't too difficult. I've added sh129: Batman of Zur-En-Arrh to bricklink, inventoried the set, and it's come through to the Brickset list :-). The Collector was still pending approval last time I looked, but should hopefully be there soon.
    @Mojoest‌ good job, whats happening with the collector?
    I noticed earlier today that its been approved, (they used my photo this time too :-), but only for the small image :-( ). I've added it to the set inventory, so fingers crossed it should get added to the minifigs list the next time it polls BL.

From the list of items they had pending it also looks like people were trying to add Plastic Man, (although I think it got rejected, maybe as its not available yet) and I would think the Tumbler figures will get added soon. I didn't notice any of the 2013 SDCC figures pending though. Maybe they're just too limited for anyone to have done it yet? Over to you for those @Geddes ?

There were also attempts to get the Sentinal and Groot listed too under a new classification of 'brick built figures', which if it happens I think would be a good additional sub group.
    @mojoest whats involved? I will have a go :)
    And there he is... http://brickset.com/minifigs/category-Super-Heroes/page-3

@Geddes Its pretty straight forward even though Brick Link's interface is a bit clunky.

Sign in and then click 'Catalog' on the top row of tabs. This will then bring up a second row which contains one titled 'Add or Change', click that.

Then select the option to add a minifigure.

Fill out the form by selecting the theme and subtheme (e.g. I used Superheroes then Batman II for this years Batman). The next unused figure item number is Sh131 although there may already be something pending in that number slot but it will tell you when you try to submit, so just go to the next then the next until you find a free one. Name it e.g. Green Arrow (SDCC 2013 Exclusive) and then submit and use the image upload to upload an small and large image of it (the upload resizes it so you dont need to be concerned by that bit).

Then wait a couple of days for it to be approved. (there is a list of your pending approvals of minifigures and images at the bottom of the add and change page so you'll know its approved (or rejected) once it goes from there).

Then find the set it belongs to and reserve it for adding the inventory (you can do this before the fig is approved if you like, but the reservation only lasts 3 days). Then add the figure and any accessory parts to the inventory and thats it. (you can reserve before the figure is approved, but i dont think you can inventory it until the figure has been approved).

Give me a shout if you need any other pointers