Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Star Wars 2015 Sets

2»

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,476
    ^I think officially it was released Jan. 1st. Might have been VIP early release in December 2012
  • Mandalorian_BuilderMandalorian_Builder Member Posts: 197
    Is Arkham considered a UCS set?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    ^ oh no. Don't start the UCS vs non-UCS discussion again. It'll never end. Personally I don't really consider a play set to be UCS. So DS, Ewok, Arkham and Orthanc aren't to me. They are more just flagship style sets for a line being larger than others.
    binaryeyeGallardoLUdougtsBrickDancer
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    There is no (public anyway) official LEGO definitive definition of what is or isn't UCS, only a wide variety of interpretations by us in the fan community.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,840
    legomatt said:

^ I wish they'd done Vader's helmet in festive colours.

Well on BrickLink you can get a red Vader helmet for about $300.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,476
    I wasn't even thinking UCS or not, just the broad category of exclusive sets. Just saying I don't believe there is any reason to fear the Tumbler kicking the Slave 1 out of the only production slot available
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,939
    dougts said:

There is no (public anyway) official LEGO definitive definition of what is or isn't UCS, only a wide variety of interpretations by us in the fan community.

For me, if it comes with an information plaque it is UCS (so that includes the new Tumbler).

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    ^ I tend to go that route as well with the amendment that if it is labeled UCS on the box it is also included. #7194 Yoda didn't have a plaque but is labeled UCS on the box.
  • JdurgJdurg Member Posts: 18
    I'm hoping the Slave 1 is released soon. I came out of my Dark Ages earlier this year and had missed out on a LOT! Due to some good financial saving the past few years, I had money to spend but nothing to spend it on. So I picked up a LOT of Star Wars sets over the past few months. I've been thinking of getting a Slave 1 set, but with the constant rumors of a Slave 1 UCS coming out I've held off. I hope I don't have to hold off too much longer.
  • ISDAvengerISDAvenger Member Posts: 205
    Pretty weak line IMO. Not that impressed.
  • cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 806
    We got imperial shuttle and jedi star fighter in sept/nov?
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,939
    The whole SW line is probably going to be pretty Rebels/Ep7/Ep8/Ep9 heavy from now on. I can't see Slave I coming this year now, no-one has even seen any spy shots or anything that has been leaked onto the net.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939

legomatt said:

^ I wish they'd done Vader's helmet in festive colours.

Well on BrickLink you can get a red Vader helmet for about $300.
    I'm bringing up something that was discussed already here, but I missed it due to being on holiday.
    My 2 cents here is that Vader looks OK with red robes and a black helmet - especially compared to Jango with red armour and pale blue helmet. They go together much better. That said, I really feel like Bricklinking all the SW Advent Calendar exclusives...including all the Santa figures, the R2-D2 snowmen etc. The rest of the advent calendar is not enough to sell the exclusives to me.
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 223
    I have a potential theory with regard to Slave 1 in that maybe Lego will launch it at Jedi Con beginning of October. Lego is sponsoring the event, it's a big UCS Lego set aimed more at adult fans could happen right? I'll be disappointed if there's no Slave 1 as this year I haven't bought any Lego for my personal collection.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited August 2014
    ^ i couldn't help it but just suddenly began reading that post in the voice of John Cleese as Anne Elk (Miss).
    :oP
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 223
    The question is has my theory "hit the nail on the head" or is it like the venerable brontosaurus (or apatosaurus if we wish to be correct) extinct?
    legomatt