Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Star Wars 2015 Sets

jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
I know some of these may be rumor, but since we already have the Wookiee Gunship #75084 – Unveiled at SDCC 2014 I thought we can start discussing the sets more seriously. I for one have been a huge fan of the Ralph McQuarrie concept and am glad to see that version of the Tie-Fighter and AT-ST.

Comments

• jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    edited August 2014
    UPdate: forgot to add this.

Here is a link with some of the McQuarrie concept art:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=ralph+mcquarrie+star+wars&rlz=1C1LENP_enUS558US558&espv=2&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=l0PqU_SVA9GLyATF44HADA&ved=0CBwQsAQ&biw=1517&bih=741&dpr=0.9#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=UdME-FNtpJyj2M%3A;GDpWs3O7_73DjM;http%3A%2F%2Fmedia-cache-ec0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F21%2Fd8%2F2b%2F21d82b0093c3d23ba9a58d157ca9dd95.jpg;http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F402509285419422223%2F;501;718

Microfighters

75072 ARC-170 Starfighter
    75073 Vulture Droid
    75074 Snowspeeder
    75075 AT-AT
    75076 Republic Gunship
    75077 Homing Spider Droid

PT/OT System Sets

75079 Shadow Troopers
    75080 AAT
    75081 T-16 Skyhopper
    75089 Geonosis Troopers

Star Wars Rebels System Sets

75078 Imperial Troop Transport
    75082 TIE Advanced Prototype
    75083 AT-DP
    #75084 Wookiee Gunship _ Shown at 2014 SDCC
    75090 Ezra’s Speeder Bike
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    For reference:

#75078 Imperial Troop Transport
    #75079 Shadow Troopers
    #75080 AAT
    #75081 T-16 Skyhopper
    #75082 TIE Advanced Prototype
    #75083 AT-DP
    #75084 Wookiee Gunship
    #75089 Geonosis Troopers
    #75090 Ezra’s Speeder Bike

Microfighters:
    #75072 ARC-170 Starfighter
    #75073 Vulture Droid
    #75074 Snowspeeder
    #75075 AT-AT
    #75076 Republic Gunship
    #75077 Homing Spider Droid
  • MathiasMathias United StatesMember Posts: 94
    Micro fighters don't Interest me much. I am curious about the troop transport and the shadow troopers. Seems like they would be good for some stormtroopers. I have the new ghost and phantom set from rebels. I really liked those so hopefully the other rebels sets will be just as good. Just glad we are moving on from battle droids. Always felt cheated when they were considered minifigs.
    @Mathias I agree with you on the battle droids...I will be buying the two rebels sets this week my kids have really taken to the show based on the 7 minute preview.
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    I like the idea of the mini AT-AT as if like a few around my 8129 and new AT-AT.

@jediami65‌ you mention am AT-ST, am I missing something or was it a typo?
    @joel4motion: Yes sorry that was a typo.
    My main interest in Star Wars is for the minifigures. So as an OT fan, this wave is a bit disappointing. I'm hoping for a Wedge with the Snowspeeder Microfighter. It will be interesting to see what is included with the T-16; a Biggs would be nice, preferably in a flight suit.
    jediami65 said:

I for one have been a huge fan of the Ralph McQuarrie concept and am glad to see that version of the Tie-Fighter and AT-ST.

I realize you mention the AT-ST, here, but the AT-DP is based on concept art by Joe Johnston for ESB.
    Mathias said:

I am curious about the troop transport and the shadow troopers. Seems like they would be good for some stormtroopers.

I'd be excited about the transport if it weren't a Rebels set. Assuming the Stormtroopers look like the one in #75053, I'm not interested.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702

I like the idea of the mini AT-AT

I thought they released the mini AT-AT earlier in the year. #75054. ;o)

bobabricksy2josh
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    A McQuarrie concept line would be cool, I have McQuarrie C-3po and r2-d2 action figures from some Star Wars convention but I would love to see them in minifigure form. :)
    binaryeye said:

I'd be excited about the transport if it weren't a Rebels set. Assuming the Stormtroopers look like the one in #75053, I'm not interested.

What about them do you not like? Helmets? Printing?
    No idea why it rotated the picture.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    Oof, I haven't seen close up pics of those stormies yet and they look worse than I thought. :/
  • DarthcarlosDarthcarlos Member Posts: 13
    Did you guys notice that the dark Wookiee in the Wookiee gunship has arm printing. Could be the Wookiee's rank?
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,837
    It's the very droopy mouths on the new (should that be old, if they're based 5 years before the OT?) stormtroopers that makes me dislike them. I would not be happy mixing those in my proper OT stormtrooper army.
    red5
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    Oh, wow. Another T-16? This is only the second time they've made one, right?
    bobabricks
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    For me the cut-off printing on the legs is the worst element of the Star Wars: Rebels Stormtroopers. Only half of each kneepad is printed, which looks weird to me. The stylised helmet is accurate to the show, although I agree that it is not an ideal design.
    Haven't they done that half leg print on other stormtroopers before? To me i think its the helmet printing. The helmet itself looks to be the same mold but the printing is obviously different giving it more of a cartoon feel.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    For me it's the black line on the helmet actually touching the black of the eyes which gives it a low brow line like some sort of Neanderthal Stormie.
    vitreolumGothamConstructionCo
    edited August 2014
    Mathias said:

What about them do you not like? Helmets? Printing?

Yes, the helmets. While I don't like the exaggerated mouth, at least it's accurate to the source. What I dislike most is the gray lines under the eyes. These are not accurate to the source, and what's worse, it has been carried over to the new OT versions ( #75052 and #75055 ). On the Rebels versions especially, it gives the effect a sleep-deprived junkie.

For the OT, I really don't see what was wrong with the version in e.g. #9489. Sure, leg printing would have been nice with those. Ironically, I think the best version with leg printing is the Sandtroopers in #9490, but they've of course got sand on them. Helmets and torsos from #9489 with "clean" legs from #9490 would have been perfect, as far as I'm concerned.
    legomatt
    I agree completely. All stormtroopers I have except the rebels one are all from 9489. I just think overall it's a cleaner look. The droopy eyes and brow black line bother me a bunch. I definitely don't display it with my other stormtroopers. It stands out.
    legomatt
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,815
    Hothbricks have put up high res shots of the SW Xmas calendar

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hothbricks/14719710790/

and www.hothbricks.com
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    @CCC - It would seem that LEGO really do just shove any Minifigures they have a surplus of into the Advent Calendars. I cannot believe we do not even get a new Snowtrooper but an old one!
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 659
    A proper, modern take on the T-16? Sweet. Imperial Troop transport would be great news if it were standard Stormtroopers and not the stylized ones.
    red5
  • nerick906nerick906 Bristol, UKMember Posts: 376
    Darth Vader looks amazing :D perfect companion to Yoda and Maul
  • GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    Yulee tide Yoda
    Jolly Jango
    Maul Santa (that one always makes me laugh)
    Vader Christmas ? (think Father Christmas)

Vader looks great but I can't think of a good holiday nickname for him
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,837
    Vader Christmas is fine, as "Vader" is dutch for "Father". Or how about "Father Sithness?
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    ^ I wish they'd done Vader's helmet in festive colours.
    Shib
  • nerick906nerick906 Bristol, UKMember Posts: 376
    that would decrease that misprint with red Vader's helmet by tons!
    Red would be great :)
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 322
    I wonder how Darth Vader would look with the Santa hat instead of the black helmet?
    edited August 2014
    I wonder if he'll feel Luke's presents. Xo.

...i just couldn't resist... some jokes are like farts... you know they'll stink, but you just gotta let 'em go. ;oD
    Bumblepantsoceanangelplasmodium
  • sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 539
    edited August 2014
    Here is a link to a picture of a new DK book called LEGO Star Wars The Dark Side. It is offered in my son's latest Scholastic book catalog from school. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. Looks to offer The Emperor as the minifig.
    I think it has been said in another forum discussion...the color is totally off on Palpatine's face
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    nerick906 said:

that would decrease that misprint with red Vader's helmet by tons!
    Red would be great :)

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=3243&colorID=5

It's all yours... If you can afford it ;o)

• sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 539
    @jediami65‌ I agree about Palpatine's face. He looks like he has jaundice.
    Movie Spoiler (Maybe)

For those that may not have seen this, there is new Storm-trooper helmet in EPVII at least that's what is being reported. So we should see these in the movie based Lego sets probably fall of 2015 since SWEP7 is slotted for Christmas 2015 release. It would also be perfect timing of another UCS set Falcon....me hopes.
  • ShatteredGnomeShatteredGnome Docking Bay 94, Mos Eisley, TatooineMember Posts: 31
    I wish we were getting a Stormtrooper battle pack that wasn't Rebels as well.

I hope the T-16 Skyhopper is a Tatooine battle pack of some sort in disguise, to add to the Cantina and other sets. Otherwise some other OT purpose would be fine.

Here's hoping for another new Rebel Pilot in the Snowspeeder Microfighter. Wedge or Wes Janson or someone else...
  • Stvoyager04Stvoyager04 Member Posts: 117
    Still no news on UCS Slave 1?
    nothing yet, its my guess that the Fan Expo might include something (star wars themed exclusive) if we don't hear anything at that show then I've no clue what to expect, I'm told its still on Lego store lists but no one knows anything more than that.
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 348
    We could all dream that the T-16 skyhopper would include a couple of Sandpeople and maybe even a Bantha for a longshot.
    2015 info, this is one persons memory of photos of the sets he has seen. so take it for what it is.

Imperial Troop Transport (75078) – Similar to the Imperial Landing Craft (7659) from 2007. There are four Stormtroopers.

Shadow Troopers (75079) – Includes a small vehicle. Battle pack includes two Dark Guards which I assume could be the Emperor’s Shadow Guards and two Shadow Troopers.

AAT (75080) – Jar Jar Binks makes his return in a LEGO Star Wars set. There will also be another Gungan minifigure. No mentioning if it’s just a generic Gungan or a major character like Boss Nass or Captain Roos Tarpals. The set also has a Battle Droid. Retail price is about £25.

T-16 Skyhopper (75081) – Comes with some sort of pilot minifigure, a Tusken Raider, and a womp rat.

Geonosis Troopers (75089) – Includes a small AT-RT. Clone Troopers are the same as the Kashyyyk Troopers (75035), but with a sandy brown color

We could all dream that the T-16 skyhopper would include a couple of Sandpeople and maybe even a Bantha for a longshot.

According to Hulk_Smash at EB, who has seen the retailer catalog, there is a Tusken in the T-16 set, but no bantha.

Here's a summary of the other tidbits:
    #75078 Imperial Troop Transport has four Stormtroopers (not sure if Rebels or OT, but it sounds like Rebels).
    #75079 Shadow Troopers has a vehicle, two Shadow Troopers, and two Shadow Guards.
    #75080 AAT has a battle droid and Jar Jar.
    #75081 T-16 Skyhopper has a pilot and a Tusken.
    #75083 AT-DP has a Stormtrooper and two officers.
    #75089 Geonosis Troopers has an AT-RT and camouflaged troopers similar to those in #75035 but brown.
    #75090 Ezra's Speeder Bike has at least one Stormtrooper.
    edited August 2014

Imperial Troop Transport (75078) – Similar to the Imperial Landing Craft (7659) from 2007. There are four Stormtroopers.

Most annoying (for me) is it's slated as a 'Rebels' release, which means they're likely to be droopy-faced sad sack troopers, and I flatly refuse to buy 'harry redknapp' troopers. I need something to stay uniform for my uniforms.

It's been bloody impossible to buy a decent handful of OT stormies of ONE design lately. Every damn set they've appeared in over recent years has been slightly re-designed every time andalone. Aaagh!

Most sadly, this set sounds the death knell for any prospect of a re-release of an OT stormy battlepack, and with new films coming soon, new film-designs will likely be the next lot they do, too.
    binaryeyeGothamConstructionCoBumblepants
    legomatt said:

It's been bloody impossible to buy a decent handful of OT stormies of ONE design lately. Every damn set they've appeared in over recent years has been slightly re-designed every time andalone. Aaagh!

Hey, now. The 2012 version was in two sets and a book!
    legomatt
    @legomatt, "Harry redknapp"? Also the new OT troopers aren't bad. I have one from 75055. But it did get annoying., that the design kept changing. Most of my troopers are all from 9489. I do not care for the AAT. Anything droid related from prequels just doesn't do it for me. No one cares about jar jar.
    edited August 2014
    @binaryeye Oh yes! I forgot they repeated once in the ewok village set, I'll have to buy it in multiples. lol. ;oP

@Mathias, Oh agreed, I've no real problem with the new OT trooper, or any of the previous ones, I just wish OT stormtroopers would stick to a design for a spell, especially if they only give us one trooper fig in a wave, OR be included in greater numbers if they're always going to be redesigned with every wave.
    'Harry Redknapp', (the inspiration for the new 'rebels' stormy design): :oP

Ironsightsbobabricks
    ^ Makes sense. I feel like the geonosis trooper battle pack is just a rehash of two older ones combined.

nothing yet, its my guess that the Fan Expo might include something (star wars themed exclusive) if we don't hear anything at that show then I've no clue what to expect, I'm told its still on Lego store lists but no one knows anything more than that.

Well we'll see. I was wondering if the UCS Tumbler had been released as a second licenced UCS set for the year, meaning the Slave 1 would be held back to May 2015...
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,835
    ^pretty sure there is no rule limiting number of licensed UCS sets in a year. Last year there was Arkham, X-Wing, Orthanc, and Ewok Village
    ^ I didn't think there was I was just speculating, especially considering how late we are in the year.

The Tumbler is the big September set. October seems unlikely as we've heard nothing. I don't remember any set of this size being released at the start of November or December, though I will be more than happy to be corrected.

^pretty sure there is no rule limiting number of licensed UCS sets in a year. Last year there was Arkham, X-Wing, Orthanc, and Ewok Village

Wow, I didn't realize Arkham was considered a 2013 set. It was announced almost two years ago and available for sale at the tail end of 2012.