Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

October LEGO store calendar

dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
edited September 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
just picked this up today. the highlights:

1 coupon for double VIP points on all purchases
1 coupon for a free holiday set wiht $99 purchase* (10/17 - 10/31, while supplies last)
1 couple for a Free LEGO brick-built apple** with $75 purchase
double VIP points on 6 SW sets all month (7965,7964,7962,7956,7879,10221)
Halloween sets (spiders, bat, pumpkin, ghost).
MMB is vampire
T1 Camper Van (10220) available 10/1

* 8x8 vignette with plated floor, 2 complete 8-high walls (1 window, 1 picture), christmas tree, presents, and minifig)
** approx 8x8x7 high

Comments

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    edited September 2011
    The holiday set looks nice. It also says Part 1 of 2. The 2nd part to be given out on Black Friday weekend.

Front:
    http://lego.vynsane.com/kibu/site_resources/images/LEGO_Store_cal_oct11_US_front.jpg

Back:
    http://lego.vynsane.com/kibu/site_resources/images/LEGO_Store_cal_oct11_US_back.jpg
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    thanks - I was too lazy to scan. ;-)
  • datkiddedatkidde Member Posts: 108
    THANKS! Finally an official opening date for Fashion Valley.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ Yep, I wish I could be there for the opening. I only lived in SD for a few years, but consider it my 2nd home. I wish they'd switch back to the mini build for the exclusive item, but it sounds like they are sticking with the minifigs. Regardless, I'd love to get a copy. @datkidde - are you in the area, and planning to go to the event? If so, any chance you could get a copy of the figs for me? If so, PM me and perhaps we can work out payment or a trade. Thanks.
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    My question is can you use all 3 coupons at same time?
  • vynsanevynsane Member Posts: 179
    They're not really coupons - I've never actually cut out and presented any of the 'coupons' from the calendars in order to get the promo that was happening at that time - it's basically an automatic thing.

I'm sure if you went into the store on the 17th-31st and spent $99, you would receive the 'Brick Apple', the Holiday set and double VIP points.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    you generally never even need the coupon to get the free set handouts (the polybags, etc), so I'm guessing the apple will be like this, and probably even the double VIP points as well.

the holiday set seems like there is a lot more going on then the normal freebie, so I wouldn't be surprised if they required the coupon for that. we shall see.

application probably varies by store as well. some stores and employees will give away the freebies like crazy - multiples per order, etc. others are probably more stingy I imagine.
  • YpresYpres Member Posts: 200
    These calendars always get posted ahead of me so I find it hard to follow. I used to just get linked through to the calendars via Brickset News articles however as of late I haven't seen any.

*LOL* I knew something was weird when I opened the topic thinking "Where's September?"... So yeah, I'm behind. Thanks for October!
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Also, free admission to LEGOLAND, California or Florida, with a VIP card, October 24-30th. One per member, two per household. Just show the VIP card, ID and a voucher you can print online. No purchase necessary.

Same in Europe (to any of the three parks), but happening a week earlier.