Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[eBay] How long does a buyer have to report a problem with your item?

Whether they are just not happy, or that it never arrived, or that something was missing, etc. I sold an item on May 9, and the buyer is just now saying that they've never received it. They never responded to my first inquiry back in May about if they were happy with the item that I sent them.

I have tracking paperwork that shows delivery back in May. I feel confident that I will win a dispute with Paypal, but it all got me thinking: how long does a buyer actually have to report something like this where the seller needs to be able to provide documentation to Paypal? A month? Three? A year?

Comments

• ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,676
    @Odindusk, 45 days is the limit to open a claim. Buyer can still post negative feedback (you should be able to have it removed), but there is nothing else (s)he can do.
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    I may be wrong but I though it had been increased to 90 days? Your least stressful avenue is to just speak to paypal in the phone, accomplishes so much more in a minute than multiple emails.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,676
    The eBay/Paypal help page, still shows 45 days. It could also be location based.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,301
    Although a Paypal claim is now six months, isn't it?
  • OdinduskOdindusk Member Posts: 763
    edited August 2014
    Thanks, the FAQ page that @ColoradoBricks‌ linked seems to be pretty clear - that a buyer has 45 days to open a claim.

I'll call Paypal too just to cover all my bases, but it sounds like the only thing the buyer can do at this point is leave poor feedback (that I can likely have removed, if need be).
  • NorlegoNorlego ScotlandMember Posts: 449
    You might got a defect too. So be sure to ask about that. Defects are easy to come by these days....
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    Ebay feedback expires at 60 days. That this point, I don't think the buyer can really do anything.