DC Lego Variants comics coming in November

BazookaJoeX9BazookaJoeX9 Member Posts: 98
edited August 2014 in Collecting
http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/08/07/lego-vartiant-covers-coming-to-dc-comics-in-november

To celebrate the release of Lego Batman 3. 22 in all to collect. Here we go again...
sidersddchuckpGothamConstructionCoShib

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,214
    Just seen about this on twitter and was about to post. I missed out on the marvel ones, except the recent Rocket Raccoon Stan Lee one so quite glad of this.
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 683
    edited August 2014
    Awesome! Damnit! Awesome! Damnit!

(Repeat for 5 minutes and that's what my brain's been doing). I deliberately avoided the Marvel variants as I don't really collect Marvel comics (although I made an exception for the Stan Lee one) and couldn't justify the expense, but as I buy practically every DC New 52 comic, I can't *not* get at least some of these. Sigh... goodbye money!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    edited August 2014
    Glad I do not collect comics anymore, I hate the thought of having run to the store to get them, or if they are limited, to beg and plead to my local comic shop to get these.
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 590
    Damnit!!!! this blows. I was so happy to be done w/ the marvel ones, and NOW this????
    Drmnez
    Just saw that USA Today has the full list of which variants will exist:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2014/08/07/dc-comics-lego-variant-comic-book-exclusive/13693933/
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,510
    I've still got 2 sketch covers to get from the last 41 comics.

I've still got 2 sketch covers to get from the last 41 comics.

Which ones?
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 942
    Excellent. I'm not a big Marvel reader and was hoping for a DC equivalent one day. Although I know my local comic book stores were not able to secure the Marvel variants owing to the volume they ordered, so I foresee eBay hunting in my future.
    This link has pictures of other covers:

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/dc-comics-november-2014-theme-month-variant-covers/1100-149459/

Pity they don't have the variety that the Marvel covers did, these are all a bit samey. Still going to pick a few up though.
    Renegade007cjhLostInTranslationsidersddGothamConstructionCowaynegg
    the sameyness of it will make it look nice displayed all together though.

This link has pictures of other covers:

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/dc-comics-november-2014-theme-month-variant-covers/1100-149459/

Pity they don't have the variety that the Marvel covers did, these are all a bit samey. Still going to pick a few up though.

I agree. Loving the Harley one, though!
    LostInTranslation
    ^ definitely will look nice all together. Makes me really want all of those figures.
    Anyone else think the new style bat cowl piece doesn't look too bad on those. I can't help but think that they've gone for the short ears so it could be used for a Dawn of Justice Batsuit.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    Some of these look pretty good, but since all of them look pretty much the same as well it isn't as interesting to me. The Marvel ones had a good variety of different covers. All of these together would look pretty cool though but I passed on trying to collect the Marvel ones and I liked those better so I'll probably pass on these as well. Did just order the Rocket Stan Lee one though. Didn't see that one come out until it was mentioned here.
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,098
    Speaking of Super Heroes.... they've been filming next years blockbuster BATMAN vs SUPERMAN here in the Detroit area for the past 6 months. Lots of Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill sightings this year. Since Detroit has one of the largest collection of 1920s Art Deco skyscrapers in the world... we got the nod....

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/detroit/index.ssf/2014/08/post_117.html
    Detroit's Guardian Building... screams both Gotham City and Metropolis... both on the inside... and in LEGO on the outside (still incomplete, but a masterpiece nonetheless).
    legomattGothamConstructionCopharmjod
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 944
    A shame that Detroit tops the list as the most rundown dirty crime-ridden cities.
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 853
    Can they just release all the comics in a set... It'll save me the hassle.

hoping to see some of these mf next year
    Andor
    1265 said:

A shame that Detroit tops the list as the most rundown dirty crime-ridden cities.

All the more reason that it needs Superman and Batman!
    legomattShibGothamConstructionCoRenegade007cjhbobabricks
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    graphite said:

1265 said:

And Robocop.
    ShibchuckpGothamConstructionCoCircleKbobabricks
    legomatt said:

graphite said:

1265 said:

And Robocop.
    As long as it's the 80s version and not the recent abomination!
    legomattbobabricks
    edited August 2014
    1265 said:

Truth be told... it does have a LOT of problems... but like LA, Chicago, NYC, et al... there are the bad areas that you really want to avoid... but it also (like those other cities) has its' amazing areas.... as the Transformers and Batman & Superman movie producers have found out.... ;-)

P.S. The 40 story brown building is the one that has the spectacular lobby and is the model for the incomplete LEGO building above...
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    So these will look like those examples above and nothing like the Marvel variants right??

I would have preferred DC variants originally, but these aren't as appealling. But that's good since the Marvel covers made me go broke and I haven't purchased all of them yet!
    I put in a bid on this, over the winning bid on mobile ebay, it said session expired press again to bid, by the time it slowly reloaded to the confirm bid window the auction had ended :'(.

I put in a bid on this, over the winning bid on mobile ebay, it said session expired press again to bid, by the time it slowly reloaded to the confirm bid window the auction had ended :'(.
    Man, I hate it when that happens!!
  • BazookaJoeX9BazookaJoeX9 Member Posts: 98
    Sorry to bring this back from the dead but just wanted to let everyone know pre-orders are up for these at tfaw.com. I ordered all 22 of them for around $60 (does not include shipping) Thought that was a reasonable price, especially compared to the Marvel ones.

Sorry to bring this back from the dead but just wanted to let everyone know pre-orders are up for these at tfaw.com. I ordered all 22 of them for around $60 (does not include shipping) Thought that was a reasonable price, especially compared to the Marvel ones.

Thanks! These definitely should be more reasonable, as these aren't 1:25 or 1:100 like the marvel ones were.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349

A lesson not to snipe perhaps?
    Or if you are going to, ensure you have a broadband connection over a landline?

Thanks for the heads up. Can't really beat not having to collect them individually. Got my pre-order in.

A lesson not to snipe perhaps?
    Or if you are going to, ensure you have a broadband connection over a landline?
    I wasn't going to bid but I received an email that my Exo-Suits would be delayed further and decided to cancel them as the local store had plenty so I already got hold of 2.

So that gave me some money to bid, but as I was out of the house I had to reset my ebay password so I could log in and bid and only had a few minutes with a bad signal to get the bid done, I should have stayed outside, always get a bad signal in Starbucks.
    I just managed to get these pre-ordered with my fav independent comic shop, makes me feel better about spending so much when giving it to a company I like!
    I have them pre ordered at a local shop as well, they managed to get me a full set of DC 3D comics as well.
    I couldn't justify all the 3Ds but I've got quite a stack of them coming.
    I've got all the last 3d covers bar the retailer exclusive one and all the 41 lego covers bar 2 sketch ones, so be nice to keep full sets of both.
    Shib said:

I couldn't justify all the 3Ds but I've got quite a stack of them coming.

I've ordered the Lego comics from here, he said that this Friday is the cut of point to be sure of getting them all, http://www.osbcomics.co.uk/LEGO_Variants_(November)/cat1556373_2519190.aspx .

Managed to get me a full set of 3D comics as well.
  • absolut3absolut3 Member Posts: 82
    Anyone know a good US based online store that is preselling all the DC lego variants?
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 685
    Called one of my local comics shops and he said they're getting plenty and he'd hold back a couple sets for me. They're only $2.99 and $3.99/cover price, so not bad...plus I get a discount.
    My first variant arrived today! I pre-ordered five in the end.

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    I've bought a few so far, The Joker is my favourite :-)
    I'm still disappointed by the lack of Arrowness though!
    I'm waiting on the message from my preferred comic shop when they are all in (they are very nice and have a filing cabinet for subscriptions and pre-orders) so I have none in hand but will have all of them.
    I was quite surprised that they didn't do a Green Arrow one, does seem like a massive oversight on DCs part.
    I was very disappointed by that also. Seems insane given the popularity of the show. Especially when you consider some of the titles they did give the LEGO treatment (like 'Grayson').
    I got the first 4 of my pre order last week which prompted me to go buy all the Marvel ones which all but one of have shown up so far. I bought a bunch of the $1 "document frames" from the dollar store to hang them all up.
    Drmnez
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 853
    ^me too. Frames r cheap but get the job done
    graphite said:

I got the first 4 of my pre order last week which prompted me to go buy all the Marvel ones which all but one of have shown up so far. I bought a bunch of the $1 "document frames" from the dollar store to hang them all up.

You got 40 marvel LEGO comics?, not cheap, I have 39, just 2 sketch covers left but they only seem to have them in the US.

• monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,360
    Picked up these 7 today (in London) overall they are nice and as a set look thematic but I still prefer the Marvel ones, the variation in the covers worked for them. Still these are nice no the less

graphite said:

You got 40 marvel LEGO comics?, not cheap, I have 39, just 2 sketch covers left but they only seem to have them in the US.

I only picked up the color variant of each. So 22 or 23.
    Ah, ok.
  • sstoroesstoroe Member Posts: 156
    Yes, I passed on the sketch variants also. I did not care for them and they were way more expensive
    Yeah, they are quite pricey, just 2 left for me. I'll probably have to get them shipped from the US.