The Lego Movie Sets: Which ones are your favorite?

SpaceshipLennySpaceshipLenny Member Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in Collecting
I'm looking to get some new sets from The Lego Movie. Which ones would you recommend. The 2 in 1's are cool and the mechs are awesome looking! Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    I really like #70815 . It has the most minifigs of all the sets and also the first set to have flesh and yellow flesh minifigs. The ship itself looks really good, The large wind shield with the double decker cockpit is nice.
  • ModelMamaModelMama New ZealandMember Posts: 27
    So far I've bought #70802 (Bad Cop's Pursuit) and #70806 (Castle Cavalry). The first because it has Bad Cop - a favourite character in our house and some great pieces. As a bonus my 11-year old daughter and I loved building the cop 'car' - probably mainly due to novelty, most of our sets are Castle / LOTR etc. For that reason, Castle Cavalry was good - but not as interesting, purely because we have so much Castle already! We would LOVE #70810 (Metalbeard's Sea Cow) but due to price. may just get some of the figs and enough bricks to build the couch... very very sad that Vitruvius is only in 2 expensive sets. Sigh. Oh yes - I bought #30160 - not a set of the movie technically, but the cheapest way I could find to buy Batman. At the time. I see #70817 on BL - probably not available in my country. Darn, that would have been good, I like Super Angry Kitty!
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 271
    #1 set for me is certainly Benny's Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP!
    The Ice Cream truck is my favorite from the 2-in-1 series.
    The fire mech in Rescue Reinforcements is a great part of that set and the throwback nods on the minifigs was nice.
    My favorite promo minifig is the DJ Robot.

I don't have the Police Dropship, Emmet's Construct-o-Mech, or the Micro Manager Battle poly.
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 521
    #70810-1: MetalBeard's Sea Cow

Very detailed
    Great build
    Spectacular display piece
    Fun play options

Alas, it's expensive.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    Benny's ship is #1, and Lord Business' Evil Lair in second. Hard to include the Sea Cow in any list just because it's so overwhelmingly more expensive than the rest of the series.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,950
    As long as there is a unikitty, you are good. ;-)

The sets that have interested my son...
    Trash Chomper, Cuckoo Palace and Benny's ship.

LegoKip
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited August 2014
    I've picked up so far:

Lord Business Evil Lair = Great selection of minifigs with a lot of the main cast included. The Kragle is a great item, rest of the build is 'meh'
    Ice Cream Truck = 3 Great minifigs. Truck ended up being a great build and fit for City.
    Cloud Cuckoo = Best setting of the series. Low priced and comes with key figures of Unikitty, Emmet and Wyldstyle plus exclusive Robo suit.
    Benny's Spaceship = All figs were unique or HTF. Great build and very large. Good value for money in the biggest TLM set.
    Construct-o-mech = Great build for a mech and is quite big. Angry Emmet is exclusive, same as Angry Kitty. Could have had more figs.
    Western Glider = Cheap set that comes with 2 exclusive Robos (Sheriff & Deputy) and handy parts for the glider
  • SpaceshipLennySpaceshipLenny Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for all the help everyone!
    I have purchased the following sets...
    Rescue Reinforcements, bad cops pursuit and a poly bag #30282 Police enforcer.
    Now if only Benny's space ship and SSP drop ship were to go on sale :)
    ModelMama