Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

TRU US sale: Orders over 150 USD get 40 dollars off order

madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,865
edited September 2011 in Shopping USA/Canada
Not sure if anyone else noticed this but TRU.com has a sale going on for Select Lego set orders of over 150 USD (although it looks like most Lego sets are included in this sale)
Some catches though:
1) You must remove the Potter fig if you want the -40 online for those sets included in the offer --I am guessing if you call you can get both the offer for the potter fig AND the $40 USD off if you call TRU and haggle... I am just too lazy to try
2) It must be over $150, it will not work for 149.99 sets, so you have to include another set to get over the 150 mark (I recommend a Series 3-5 minifig)
3) The Falcon will only let you get the 25 off online, so you will most likely need to call and harass TRU to give you the 40 off (but for 110 for a falcon that is not a bad proposition)

Comments

• DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 342
    Thanks for letting everyone know. I think if you can keep the purchase right around $150, you get about 26% off. 25% off has become my minimum buy threshold. With the 20% and $25 off $100 deal last week, I kept thinking I'd get back to the store and get the Fire Temple, but never did. Looks like I've got a reason to go out on my day off tomorrow.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 342
    Anyone know if this is in store too? Thanks!
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    through today, you should also be able to combine this with the still-active 20% facebook coupon (in stores only), to net close to 40% combined discount. Some examples:

Flagship or Yellow Train + any 9.99 item = 113.98 (40% off)
    Red Train + any 24.99 item = 112.98 (39%)
    149.99 item + 32.99 item = 112.98 (38%)
    139.99 item + 39.99 item = 111.98 (37%)

the last one could be used on the way marked up QAR and a 39.99 item priced at RRP, which would net a discount off of RRP of 30% combined.

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    ^ assuming of course this is available in stores
  • pookiepookie Member Posts: 156
    It is available in stores. I bought the Millenium Falcon - 7965 for $109.99+I got a free HP trolly+I used a $5.00 off coupon=$114 total. Better than online which you can't use the coupon and you don't get the free HP trolly.