Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

YORBRIX show 26 & 27 July (UK)

pricey73pricey73 UKMember Posts: 352
edited July 2014 in Community and Events
Hi all,
If any of you are in or around York this weekend (26th and 27th July) , come along and take a look at superb Lego creations from Adult fans of Lego to YORBRIX Lego show at:

The Ron Cooke hub,
University of York,
Heslington,
YO10 5GE

ITS FREE ADMISSION! + Free parking.

There will be chances to take part in competitions to win Lego prizes.
Also the oppurtunity to purchase Lego.

Hope to see you there

SirKevbagsLostInTranslationStormKittyLego_Star

Comments

• MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    Quite tempted to head over. It's "only" an hour and a half ish from me, and york is a lovely place to head into afterwards.
    StormKitty
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,507
    edited July 2014
    Just bring plenty of cash to buy lots of goodies.

Then help build the Fairy Bricks Mosaic and leave a few quid for the kids.
    LostInTranslationStormKitty
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 313
    All being well we are planning a visit on Sunday :)
    LostInTranslationStormKitty
  • pricey73pricey73 UKMember Posts: 352
    edited July 2014
    Would be good to meet more Bricksetters.
    I'll be the one with the arena!
    LostInTranslationStormKittycarlqMinifigsMe
    edited July 2014
    ^ Think I've convinced myself to make the trip on Saturday so I'll come over and say hi. As for the plenty of money bit, hmm its been an expensive month, I'm sure I'll crack and get something though, and happy to donate. Is it worth me bringing anything to trade (as in swap), is there any opportunity for that? Or is that frowned upon as it might do those that are there to sell out of potential business? I'm not sure of the etiquette of these things.
    StormKitty
    I suppose it depends on what you have to swap, minifigs and bricks will be there and I'm sure they'll either buy or swap.
    Or you could always donate a set or two to fairy bricks!
    What do want/ need, what do you have?
    Thanks @pricey73, basically just whats in my marketplace thread here http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/15530/uk-ft-fs-various-minifigs-cmf-sh-mainly-as-well-as-a-few-polys#latest . ie minifigs.

I've not got many sets spare, but i'll try and dig one out
    @Mojoest‌,
    Minifigs & bricks should be interested in that little lot plus they'll have a load of figs to trade too.
    I'm bringing a few polybag bundles, mainly batman vehicles and Star Wars ships (four in a bag).
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,324
    Does anyone know if there is likely to be queues at about 10.20am on saturday? Or should the initial rush of people have gone in by then?

I ask as I will literally be next door for the kids' sports sessions, but will only have 30 minutes or so after that. We have a clash with a school friend's birthday party. I don't want to tell them about it if it just ends up queuing and not getting in. Maybe it will have to be a drive by to check.
    And a local tip. For any wine buffs with any money left on the way out, there is a great independent dealer very close by (less than a mile). They also have a decent range of local ales and (less local) spirits, and a good deli too. Field and Fawcett are on the junction of the 1079 and A64. It doesn't look much from the outside, but a different story inside.
    @CCC‌ With the event being free we are expecting it to be busy but wouldn't have an idea on how busy. As for initial rush, it may just be a constant flow of people.

I think a drive by might be a good thing.

It's on on Sunday too. Might be a better oppurtunity for you.
    Might just swing by the field and fawcett too! Sounds good.
  • Craigster10Craigster10 Member Posts: 54
    I'll be there Saturday Morning looking forward to it
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Any grafters who fancy putting in a shift for Fairy Bricks let me know. Pay is non existent but the crack is usually good. @StormKitty‌ will likely try and boss you around but some of you might like that anyway!
    StormKittyShibcarlqGothamConstructionCoLego_Star
  • StormKittyStormKitty Member Posts: 268
    Lol, I don't boss, I 'organise' ;-)
    carlqLego_Star
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited July 2014
    In fairness, from my experience you need some 'organising' kev! Unfortunately swimming lessons and a flower show prevent me from making it this weekend. :-(

However, having experienced helping on the mosaic last week I can say its a fantastic experience (well, not taking apart the slabs - that just hurts) seeing kids lovingly recreate the mosaic, desperately guessing what it will be (even though theres clues everywhere!) and having real pride in the 16x16 square they create is just fantastic. And help is really needed as its incredible how much hard work goes into it.
    StormKitty
    Ah here come the critics ;-) Swan in, tell you everything you have been doing single handed all week is wrong and then shoot off for an early train to avoid the manic packing up! Nice ;-)
    StormKittyLego_Star
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    ^ Absolutely, just keepin' it real ;-)
    StormKitty
    edited July 2014
    Fortunately there are a lot of "calm down" spaces round the lake by the Ron Cooke Hub. :-)
    StormKitty
    edited July 2014
    Will any of the exhibitors/stores being doing mini fig trades, I only ask as my lad has just got two of the Ralph Wigums in his two packs this morning and he already has him.
    pricey73 said:

@Mojoest‌,
    Minifigs & bricks should be interested in that little lot plus they'll have a load of figs to trade too.
    I'm bringing a few polybag bundles, mainly batman vehicles and Star Wars ships (four in a bag).

@Craigster10 same question I had yesterday. I'll be bringing my spares along too so might be able to help you out. Also planning on getting there tomorrow morning.

But hmmm.... how to recognise each other? I'll think I'll forgo the rose in my top pocket or code name of 'red squirrel' and just decide now to wear my white T-shirt with a blue Union Jack on it. If you spot me, come over and say hi, as if nothing else it will be good to meet a fellow Bricksetter.
    edited July 2014
    @Mojoest thats great. I will be wearing I am a stud(brickshow) t- shirt so you wont miss me lol
    We are the first thing you will see. Build some mosaic and possibly win a Mixer.
    MinifigsMeLego_Star
    Had a great day at YorBrix, thanks to everyone involved in putting it on. Was also nice to meet @SirKevbags @StormKitty and @Pricey73.
    StormKittypricey73
    edited July 2014

@Mojoest thats great. I will be wearing I am a stud(brickshow) t- shirt so you wont miss me lol

I think i saw you at the stalls, did you have a son wearing a similar shirt?

Did any body meet Linda?, you know, LINDA!, Keychain Linda.

Was good to put faces to names
    @Mojoest‌ and @Craigster10.
    margotStormKittyShibMojoestSirKevbags
    @theLEGOman yes I did, he is a daddy's boy he he
    @Mojoest I did look out for you but never saw you :(

Had a great day at YorBrix, thanks to everyone involved in putting it on. Was also nice to meet @SirKevbags @StormKitty and @Pricey73.

Likewise! It was well worth the drive. Some great displays! @Pricey73 your arena is in the words of Emmet Awesome! And I really loved the detail in @Mrs_Wobblehead 's creations was great. I'm feeling inspired to get MOCing myself now.

Also really good to meet @StormKitty and @SirKevbags. Fingers crossed for the raffle and hope the mosaic gets finished today, it would have been good to see the finished product. Oh and Squark 100 of 100 has been added to the collection ;-p.

I spoke to some guys from Northern Brickworks too so I might see what they're all about too.

@Craigster10, pity we missed each other I was keeping an eye out but didn't spot you anywhere. PM me which Simpsons CMFs you/your son need and I'll see what I can help with as I've got some spares.

Hope today goes (or probably went by the time you read this) well, the turnout looked fantastic yesterday!
    SirKevbagspricey73Mrs_WobbleheadStormKittyLego_Star
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 313
    Just arrived in the car park, I'm wearing a red t shirt with my husband and 4 little ones. Looks quite busy.
    MinifigsMeSirKevbagsPaperballparkStormKitty
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,379
    @Paperballpark‌, media whore! :))

MinifigsMeSirKevbagsMrs_WobbleheadGothamConstructionCoStormKittycarlq
    Mine isn't for broadcast though @pricey73‌ ;)
    pricey73StormKitty
    Striking pose(r) though @Paperballpark‌
    StormKitty
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Great day today. Lovely to catch up with everyone again and see what great guns the Fairy Brick raffle was doing and see the lovely finished mosaic.

@Mrs_Wobblehead's Lady Garden was particularly lovely :)
    pricey73Mrs_WobbleheadStormKittycarlq
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 655
    Had a fab day yesterday at yorbrix, especially with all the big draw contributors who met both myself and Linda and laughed !! Loved mrs wobble heads displays especially the infamous garden!! Managed to sly a few Christmas presents away in the shopping zone and it was great to meet @SirKevbags‌ finally.
    pricey73Mrs_WobbleheadStormKittymargot
    @Paperballpark‌ the teapot is my pose! How dare you steal it!
    pricey73StormKitty
    That wave was fantastic, but to be fair all the MoC's I thought were excellent. I could have looked at the Rock Concert for hours more.
    pricey73Mrs_WobbleheadStormKitty
    What a great two days it was, myself and @Mrs_Wobblehead‌ got back at eight completely knackered but really glad it was a good show, spoke to a load of people! A lot of the praise should go to @iainy73 for organising such a venue, nice one mate.

@Paperballpark‌, the names I called you for taking those pics still stand (B*****D!)

@StormKitty‌ and @SirKevbags‌ for being excellent on the fairy bricks stand
    @iainy73‌ @SirKevbags‌ in full raffle mode:-

Raising several glasses tonight and looking forward to next year.
    Mrs_WobbleheadStormKittycarlq
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 655
    So did we not win anything in the raffle @SirKevbags‌
    I got back about 7ish, quite tired, but it was great to see people again, and good to see new faces too. I'll probably forget some people, but @pricey73‌ has to be mentioned for taking that in good humour ;) as well as @Mrs_Wobblehead‌. Oh and I did eventually manage to get rid of the tomato ketchup...

Also, @iainy73‌ did a fantastic job organising the whole thing, and @SirKevbags‌ and @StormKitty‌ did an amazing job raising so much money for FairyBricks, and Irene was her usual fun self, providing lots of laughs (although she may not have seen it that way!)

Who has the photos of Irene's 'special bricks', by the way? ;)
    StormKittypricey73Mrs_Wobblehead
  • CoraHarrisonCoraHarrison Member Posts: 242
    Great day! Shame I couldn't of stayed for longer was an extended lunch break from work to visit, queued for over an hour to get in so the enthusiasm of Lego fans is certainly there alright!!

Made a splendid purchase from one of the stalls #3300001 and got to see some fantastic models that I'd not seen before. Oh and spend even more in the Fairy Bricks raffle. 3rd time lucky!!

Thanks to everyone who made it possible, fingers crossed I can soon find the time to present and/or sell at one of these events!

Cora :)
    StormKitty

Made a splendid purchase from one of the stalls #3300001 and got to see some fantastic models that I'd not seen before.

My Dad must have taken the money for that from you.

Made a splendid purchase from one of the stalls #3300001 and got to see some fantastic models that I'd not seen before.

My Dad must have taken the money for that from you.
    Yes think he did :)

Was going to ask for Brickshire discount, but the price was too reasonable to say no to. ;) In the middle of building while at work now :D
    edited July 2014
    Nice, it was one of the exhibitors models rather than mine, so I couldn't knock anything off without their permission, could probably have got a LEGO bag for you though.

I remember marking it down as sold on the sheet when I was sat down.

I still haven't knowingly met you, lol.
    CoraHarrison
    Can I please just be the person that's never met ;) haha!

Unfortunately with work commitments I am able to meet most of the weekend events, today was a visit and dash came on my extended lunch break :/

Is there another event on that the team will be presenting at soon?

Is there going to be a Brick 2014 presence as a team or have individuals submitted there designs as I may go ahead for that one depending on what I can get work / cover wise :)
    theLEGOman
    edited July 2014
    Some of us will be at the LEGO Store in Leeds on the 2nd, then breakfast at McDonalds.

The next Brickshire meet is the 9th of August so the week after, 3 LEGO weekends in a row.

I'm not sure about Brick 2014 as I've not really heard about it.
    CoraHarrison

Some of us will be at the LEGO Store in Leeds on the 2nd, then breakfast at McDonalds.

The next Brickshire meet is the 9th of August so the week after, 3 LEGO weekends in a row.

Working 12 - 8 on the 9th so unable to make the meet up :(

Im going to Leeds in-between a shift on the 2nd so about 6.30pm... guessing everyone else going in the morning?
    Alot of us meet early and have breakfast, like we did when it was 8-9 in the morning.

Some do arrive through the day though.