Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO at SDCC 2014

Comments

• samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,398
    Few adjustments to your list there @vwong19‌ -

2011 (2000x) (1,500x NYCC version 1,500 SDCC version)
    Green Lantern $300
    Batman $250

2011 (200x)
    Superman NYCC - $350

2012 (1000x)
    Bizarro $200
    Shazam $175
    Black Spider-Man $150
    Phoenix/Jean Grey $160

Green Arrow (200) $500+
    Spider Woman (350) $450
    Spider-Man (350) $450
    Superman Black (200) $400

2014 (7,000x?)
    Collector $????
    Bard the Bowman $????
    DC figure $????
    Hello Kitty $????

LEGO really did listen though. They still managed to provide exclusives for marketing purposes and at the same time helped to squelch the high priced scalpers.
    vwong19
    edited July 2014
    Oops, made an error above. 1,750 for 2014, not 7,000.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    samiam391 said:

squelch

Such a good word, and rarely used. Worth drawing attention to, I thought. Nicely said. :oP
    GothamConstructionCo
    legomatt said:

samiam391 said:

squelch

Such a good word, and rarely used. Worth drawing attention to, I thought. Nicely said. :oP
    @legomatt- Thanks, I thought I might get a few likes for that one.
    legomattGothamConstructionCo
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    samiam391 said:

2014 (7,000x?)
    Collector $????
    Bard the Bowman $????
    DC figure $????
    Hello Kitty $????

LEGO really did listen though. They still managed to provide exclusives for marketing purposes and at the same time helped to squelch the high priced scalpers.

Did I really say "Hello Kitty" or was that my spell check.... ? Wow

RomanticWarrior
    vwong19 said:

samiam391 said:

2014 (7,000x?)
    Collector $????
    Bard the Bowman $????
    DC figure $????
    Hello Kitty $????

Did I really say "Hello Kitty" or was that my spell check.... ? Wow

Even worse, in my incredibly picky correction of your very nice list I didn't change it...

• chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    edited July 2014
    1750 of each exclusive fig, plus a twitter raffle? Bravo LEGO, bravo!

Anyone have an idea of how a raffle on twitter would work?
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    I'm very much looking forward to seeing what the new TLM and DC sets are. Green Lantern, pleeeeeease TLG!!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,014
    I'd guess you would have to retweet something, or tweet a certain phrase and they'll enter you into a draw.
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    ^ That would work. LEGO gets just a little more exposure and you get the possibility of a free exclusive without the cost of attending SDCC. Sounds good to me!
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Thank you lord! Both of those figs are from the Junior set that was released a few months back.

http://brickset.com/sets/10672-1/Batman-Defend-the-Batcave

And the car itself looks terrible. Luckily this saves more resources for the Rocket Raccoon, Collector and DC Fig (and runner-ups in Unikitty and The Bard).
    BumblepantsLegoboyAdeelZubairBrick_Obsessionsamiam391bobabrickslegomatt
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,210
    Humina humina humina!
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    ha ha @BrickDancer‌ same! great minds and all that, i will pick it up if its cheap
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    edited July 2014
    ^ The figures look like Sh111 and Sh112, the Batman and Robin from the juniors set #10672.
    I'll be happy if that is the set as I'll be passing on it and can save my money for Rocket and The Collector :-)
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,949
    edited July 2014
    That set looks beautiful! I know a lot of people were hoping for a more accurately scaled replica, but not only does this version bring the same stylized "chibi" charm that the Star Wars Microfighters offer, but it also leaves the door open for a full minifig-scale version of the classic Batmobile in the future (since, accurately scaled or not, it shows that licensing this particular Batmobile's image is no problem).

Incidentally, Rocket Raccoon's Warbird is still the only one of the SDCC sets to have a minifigure that hasn't gotten a wide release. Perhaps this is a sign that this version of Rocket might be released at a later time? I can't imagine why the Marvel set would get a much more substantial design budget than the DC Comics set which is being offered at the exact same time and the exact same price.
    sidersddLegoboy
    @Aanchir‌ yes the car looks good. the figs could have been better
    edited July 2014
    Well for the Batmobile vs Warbird, it's 2 figs versus 1 fig. But that doesn't hold true for the SW Ghost model, which comes with only the single common Chopper droid. So like you, I'm quite concerned that this unique Rocket will somehow see a wider release down the line.

And I really have my hopes up high for a full system scale classic Batmobile sometime in the future. I believe it will happen, if for the sheer fact that they'll run out of Bat-vehicles to make sooner or later.
    bobabricks
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    Adam West!!!! Soo awesome.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,014
    That batmobile is quite a funny one. The childish design goes quite nicely with the more childish 60s series too. I'll be building one with the kids once the instructions are out. Not that it look too hard anyway.

The kids broke up from school today, so maybe I'll set them the challenge of building it tomorrow.
    Zur-En-Arrh!!! Internet will explode...for lego folk. www.fbtb.net
    SWEEET!!!! it had to be
    good thing there are 1750 of these f'ers floating around after the con. LOL
    Gggrrreeeaaaattttt!!! (As Tony the Tiger would say!)

A very unexpected variant of the Bats I must say. Not quite as exciting as a new and unique fig like Cyborg, Deathstroke, Killer Croc, or even the Ventriloquist. But it shall suffice nicely. Bring on the pic!
    chuckp
    time to revisit that batman poster, with the different suits on it lol
    Zur En Arrh Batman
    sidersddSirBen
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,343
    I had my fingers crossed for a Ventriloquist to be honest, but I will take a Zur-En-Arrh Batman any day! I really want all of these I am (somewhat) sorry to say.

Hopefully some of the villains revealed for the upcoming video game and the comic panels revealed so far will be released in sets, particularly that Killer Croc.
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    Dammit. I was hoping the Zur En Arrh would come about some other way. That should be a pretty sweet fig, though.
    boshooda
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,949

Dammit. I was hoping the Zur En Arrh would come about some other way. That should be a pretty sweet fig, though.

I very strongly doubt that this minifigure would have ever have been released any other way. There are so many less obscure characters that would be a higher priority for the LEGO Group, and by the time they got through that list it'd probably be time for a new Batgirl or Aquaman.

Frankly I had never heard of this character before, and even looking at it now it's hard to believe this was an official color. Who in the world thought those colors were a good idea? Even for a weird alien Batman. I strongly doubt any kid would understand what this costume is supposed to represent, so releasing it as an SDCC fig is probably the best possible scenario for this fig to be released.
    ^ I've never heard of Zur En Arrh, but I'm a Marvel guy anyway. I do want it for my Lego Super Heroes collection however obscure (perhaps popular) it may be.
    sidersdd
    I love me some Wookies! Nice looking Wookie Gunship!

However, 570 pcs for $69.99 USD? Ouch!
  • legodudelegodude Member Posts: 137
    edited July 2014
    Those were the prices after some time though. In 2011 I snagged Batman for $27. The going rate for him and Green Lantern was about $50 ea.

In 2012, you could buy one of the 4 for about $100 during and after CC.
    samiam391 said:

legodude said:

Those were the prices after some time though. In 2011 I snagged Batman for $27. The going rate for him and Green Lantern was about $50 ea.

In 2012, you could buy one of the 4 for about $100 during and after CC.

The prices for the 2011 SDCC Exclusives were fairly low by today's standard when it started because there was no real precedence and fans did not know that the figures would not be released in regular sets. 2012 adjusted accordingly and 2013 were so rare. Everyone will agree that $50 would be a steal now for 2014 figs.

In fact I sold my Green Lantern days after my first SDCC in 2011 for $50 thinking that it would be in future sets. After a year of waiting I ended up trading him for an extra 2012 Shazam.

Collecting Lego Super Heroes has been fun, challenging but rewarding. Last year was painful on my wallet as I didn't win any plus the prices were steep. I really hope this year the quantity is correct.
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    Aanchir said:

I very strongly doubt that this minifigure would have ever have been released any other way. There are so many less obscure characters that would be a higher priority for the LEGO Group, and by the time they got through that list it'd probably be time for a new Batgirl or Aquaman.

Frankly I had never heard of this character before, and even looking at it now it's hard to believe this was an official color. Who in the world thought those colors were a good idea? Even for a weird alien Batman. I strongly doubt any kid would understand what this costume is supposed to represent, so releasing it as an SDCC fig is probably the best possible scenario for this fig to be released.
    It's the Batman from an integral portion of Grant Morrison's Bat-epic, and it's just so bizarre that it's amazing. If you haven't read that arc, I highly recommend it. Again, it's nuts, but it's great. I try not to spend a lot on minifigs, but I might have to go after this one.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,210
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,698
    O_O

I imagine it's every Lego Star Wars fans dream to own this; some may even recreate this themselves. Does anyone have all the Lego Star Wars figures ever made including all the exclusives, if you do you deserve a medal :)
  • AdeelZubairAdeelZubair London, UKMember Posts: 2,698
    Sorry to bring this up: I know many of you will be disappointed!
    sidersddsamiam391
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,842
    From the looks of the package picture the cape is not even a Batman cut-out, just a regular purple cape. :/
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    What the...?
    I love it, all the details and a baseball bat! spot on
    Yes it's very source accurate, down to the stubble. And I'm liking the personalized packaging. Wonder what The Collector's package looks like.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,451
    I was looking at this and one thing I notice that I really like....no obvious flick missiles! I know there might be some somewhere but they aren't obvious! I'm not a fan of the flick missiles, i see them as a necessary evil to keep kids interested in the Lego spaceships but I prefer the smaller gun details and the making the "pew pew pew" noise approach!
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406

Yes it's very source accurate, down to the stubble. And I'm liking the personalized packaging. Wonder what The Collector's package looks like.

I don't see the stubble in the packed one.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,964
    Help me please, I can't keep up... does this list include all the SDCC 2014 items?

http://brickset.com/sets/year-2014?query=sdcc
  • magrimagri UKMember Posts: 157
    @Huw‌
    It's missing the Wookie Gunship, but otherwise, yes.
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    edited July 2014
    But the Wookie Gunship is going to be a standard release next year? In terms of exclusives, yes they're all there and useful to have them all in one place. If its not just exclusives then it would need the UCS Tumbler too.
  • magrimagri UKMember Posts: 157
    @Mojoest‌ Very true. Ignore my comment @Huw‌!