Market Street - White Window - Alternate Version?

prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
Noticed in the Brickset Database, it lists 10x 60594 white window for the Market Street set, 10190. Bricklink lists part #6556 instead. Just wondering if anyone knows if this set had alternate window options, or if the #60594 is a mistake.

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,790
    60594 is the part listed in LEGO's parts database for this set now, so this has probably propagated to brickset.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    That's what I figured. Odd that they would casually replace it like that.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,790
    I guess the view is that it is better to be able to provide a current replacement part which is essentially the same for those that need one, rather than nothing at all.

But it does screw about with the various databases that derive from their site. I wonder what happens if someone now sells a bricklinked version with that in - it is the official part according to the database (although not the instructions).
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    Yeah, that is not the official part for the set though.
    Anyone that tries to sell a BL'd one on eBay as complete original set and someone knows better then are in for a headache, as it is not the 'train' window, which is what was used in the factory produced set.