Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Fairy Bricks The Big Raffle - Draw now complete

SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
edited July 2014 in Community and Events

The wait is finally over! We are proud to introduce to you to perhaps the biggest Fairy Bricks fundraiser of the year. Driven by donations from the wonderful members at Brickset we have over 40 prizes to give away, some of which are impossible to buy anywhere else no matter how much money you have! With people from all over the world donating prizes and buying tickets we will be doing the same with the proceeds. Hospitals in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and Spain have already been confirmed as recipients of donations and we hope to add more, thanks to the generosity of ticket buyers.

HOW TO ENTER - Closed!

Tickets are on sale from July 1st to July 21st 11pm BST. Entries after this time may still be charged but may not gain an entry into the draw.

Each entry costs £1 and simply click RAFFLE ENTRY to be taken to our secure Paypal Giving page. You do not need a Paypal account.

Please ensure you tick the box that says "I want to share my email" This is very important. We must email you your ticket numbers and can't do this without your email address.

If you want multiple entries you don't have send them individually for £1 each. For example to gain 20 entries just donate £20.

Please allow 48 Hours for your ticket numbers to be received. If after that point you don't have them then drop us a message at contact [at] fairybricks.org from the SAME email address you used to enter.

For UK ticket buyers please DO NOT select to add Gift Aid to your entry. Raffle tickets are not eligible for Gift Aid. This option will appear after you have already paid so simply ignore it.

If you have any problems please do not hesitate to get in touch.

THE PRIZES

1) #9465 The Zombies

2) #2853835 White Boba Fett Minifig

3) #40082 Christmas Tree Stand & #40083 Christmas Truck

4) #10230 Mini Modulars - A Adams

5) Brick City & Brick Wonders both signed by the author Warren Elsmore

6) #10226 Sopwith Camel & #40049 Mini Sopwith Camel

7) The New York Bundle #40025 New York Taxi & #40026 Statue Of Liberty & #850947 Statue Of Liberty Magnet & #853317 I (heart) New York Magnet

8) #9492 Tie Fighter - Joehelldeloxley

9) #4000010 LEGO House Only available in Denmark and an exclusive copy signed by LEGO CEO Jørgen Vig Knudstorp, Marketing Director Mads Nipper and several LEGO Designers.

10) #9493 X Wing Starfighter - @NRD80Y

11) #5000022 Hulk Minifig - A Coates

12) #3316 Friends Advent Calendar - @Xiaoyu‌

13) #7066 Earth Defence HQ

14) The Jedi Bundle #7103 Jedi Duel, #7203 Jedi Defence, #7204 Jedi Defence II A Finch

15) #850935 Classic Minifigure Graduation Set

16) Complete set of Daily Mail Promotional sets
- mistersnake

17) Complete set of Super Heros polybag sets

18) Limited Edition No. 2 of 4 Hairy Fairy Minifig - @kelvinlym‌

19) Complete set of Ferrari polybags

20) #21020 Trevi Fountain

21) #3300003 Mini Brand Store - @myoulton‌

22) #41999 Limited Edition Technic Crawler

23) #3300014 Christmas Set - L Davis

24) #5002130 Good Morning Bilbo Baggins

25) #79105 Baxters Robot Rampage - @turboslot‌

26) #60013 Coastguard Helicopter

27) #As yet unreleased new LEGO Cussoo set, The Exo Suit signed by the creator Peter Reid

28) #2853590 Chrome Stormtrooper

29) #4736 Freeing Dobby - TIMSTIKS

30) #50003 Batman Game & #50011 Battle For Helms Deep Game

31) One of a kind Spaceship designed, built and signed by LEGO designer Mark Stafford

32) The Samiam Bundle #5000202 Elrond Poly & #5001621 Hoth Han Solo & Custom Built Mini Starbucks & Jango Fett and Young Boba Fett from set #7153 - @boshooda‌

33) The HispaBricks Bundle #850802 Tokyo Magnet & #5001121 BR LEGO Minifig & LEGO World 2014 Exclusive Minifig and Puzzle - @jjb5000‌

34) Micro Bundle #853195 Brick Calendar & #5002126 Martian Manhunter

35) Mini Bundle #5000214 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia & #4659597 Friends Bracelets & #5002127 Flashback Shredder

36) LEGO Comic Book Variant Covers All New X-Men - 17 & Uncanny Avengers - 12 & Guardians of the Galaxy - 007

37) #5002812 Cosmonaut

38) 2011 LEGO Duck
- S Richardson

39) LEGO Movie Bundle #5002203 Radio DJ Robot & #5002045 Pyjamas Emmet & #5002204 Western Emmet

40) #10242 Mini Cooper - @pricey73‌

41) #10232 Palace Cinema

42) Mystery Box #1 - Glasgow Brandstore Grand Opening Minifigs - @buzzsaw

43) Mystery Box #2 2 tea bags and a Double Decker - @suprajames‌

44) Mystery Box #3 - #5000063 - TC-14 Poly
#4866 - The Knight Bus
#8089 - Hoth Wampa Cave (box is pretty beat up)
#6857 - Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape
#21108 - Ecto-1 - @carlq‌

45) Mystery Box #4 Lord Business key chain - @Coyotelily‌

THE DRAW (updated)

The first ticket drawn will be contacted by email and have their pick of all the prizes. This will be announced on the Forum at 8:30 pm Wednesday 23rd Of July.

Following that a ticket number will be drawn first and then a prize number before being announced, again on the Forum. Approximately half of the tickets will be drawn on the Wednesday, the remainder to a finish on the Thursday.

**** update ****
Draw process is very simple.

The first ticket will be drawn and the winner contacted via email to pick the prize they want. We all like different things so there isn't a definite first prize. I see no reason why that person couldn't pick a mystery box.

After that a ticket number will be drawn, then a prize number. It will be announced live here, and only here. No facebook, no email, only here. There will then be five minutes to either stick with the prize you have won or take the mystery box gamble (1 of 4 mystery boxes). Could be a prize upgrade, could be a downgrade. As they say, that's the gamble!

Don't ask what the mystery boxes contain because I'm not going to tell you ;-) To save those who have donated contents for them from questions I will keep their identity secret for now too.

If no one decides to swap the mystery boxes will be drawn and given as prizes after all the regular ones.

All winners will be published on the Fairy Bricks Website, Brickset, and Facebook.

All prize winners will be contacted to obtain their address.

All prizes will be posted at no expense to the winner. However with this being a worldwide community effort there is every chance your prize will be in a different country so please allow 28 days for delivery.

Again as with entries, any questions feel free to ask. The very best of luck and to save you scrolling back up

RAFFLE ENTRY
LostInTranslationGothamConstructionCoadiemccarlqSuperTrampcheshirecatmagriTheOneVeyronianprincedravenStormKittychaz13GorelaxxsidersddPoisso3CapnRex101CCCNikaliptusWicksy80caperberryPepperMinifigsMelegonut80SilentModeBastawiggykezJosephRainstorm26Peter1975beegeedeepantboyLego_Star955561976GoldJonomessyRenegade007cjhDaraghBrickDancerlegomatthleonffuoldtodd33rancorbaitSirBenMiniFigHuntergraphitePeteMLegobrandonCPbricktuaryCheekaMrs_WobbleheadindigoboxBrickarmorpricey73TooMuchDewturboslotSupersympaLegoManiaccLegoKipBuzzsawPate5346Jabba_the_TaffBOBJACK_JACKBOBtheLEGOmanbluemooseBooTheMightyHamstermargotFabbbbbrickssamiam391Firedoggmaplelego

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,045
    Got my first round of tickets....will probably end up buying more...

Is this only open to members of the forum? I want to push friends and family to buy tickets (and win me prizes :-P) but don't want to if they can't enter.
    SirKevbagsLostInTranslation
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    edited July 2014
    @Shib‌ Tell the world please :-) That goes for everyone else to. We will be pushing it via social media heavily to but any non AFOL people you know just get them involved.

Either link them to here or direct to our site http://fairybricks.org/the-big-raffle/
    LostInTranslationLego_Star
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,280
    \o/
    Tickets bought!

So what to choose if my ticket comes out first?
    Hmm....
    I hope I don't get first pick...too many amazing prizes to choose from! I think theres only one on the list I wouldn't pick.
    LostInTranslationSirKevbagssidersdd
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,356
    I just missed out on participating in the last raffle (I found this brilliant site just after the event!), but I'll make sure to join in this time round, despite my rather unusual circumstances involving raffles!* I will be sure to get some money together, the question for me will be "how many raffle tickets should I actually buy?"

* 100% true story: I once won half the prizes in a raffle about 12 years ago, and haven't won a single raffle prize since. Go figure, but I hope this luck might change ;-)

p.s. thanks for keeping the Paypal format though, much less hassle! :-)
    LostInTranslationSirKevbagsMinifigsMe
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Just bought my first bunch, sure I will be back for more. With the amount of quality prizes this year we should smash last years total. I hope a large 'totalizer' is planned :-p
    SirKevbags
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 285
    Bought also some tickets.
    just received ticket email...apparently I was quick this morning and got the first tickets :-)
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    Either the designer space ship or signed lego house is mine! ;P
    SirKevbags
  • NikaliptusNikaliptus AustraliaMember Posts: 27
    I'm in, thanks! :-)
    SirKevbags
    One fine day, the Hairy Fairy decided to pay a visit to Brickset Towers to see if any of the lovely people living there could help him to raise money to buy LEGO for some poorly children. Who will he meet inside? Will they help him to raise some money? The only way to find out is to keep buying raffle tickets....

(All images supplied by @LostInTranslation‌ :-) )
    StormKittyCapnRex101carlqMinifigsMelegonut80caperberryBooTheMightyHamstermessysidersdd
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,305
    I'm in too. Those signed sets / MOCs are very appealing.
    SirKevbagsLostInTranslationbobabricks
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,261
    It would be remiss of me not to ask: where is the Brickset blue on Brickset towers @LostInTranslation‌? :o)

I reckon this year's selection has surpassed last year's, so well done to everyone who donated!
  • TechnicNickTechnicNick Berkshire, UKMember Posts: 277
    Excellent prizes! You really are a generous bunch. The very least I should do is buy a ticket or twenty...
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497

It would be remiss of me not to ask: where is the Brickset blue on Brickset towers @LostInTranslation‌? :o)

I don't have much blue to build with, but rest assured that if enough tickets are bought to keep Hairy Fairy climbing up through Brickset Towers, you will see some blue. One of my favourite parts of the totalizer actually :-)
    SirKevbagsLego_Star
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Doh! Got all excited and bought tickets before seeing the gift aid thingy... just accept the whole thing as a donation Kev inc gift aid, and I'll buy some more raffle tickets later
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    I will be purchasing some over the weekend. I am having a Lego based stall at a local Fete. So I will certainly be using some of that to purchase some tickets! :)
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 541
    I want a prize this time!
    StormKittySirKevbagsBastaGothamConstructionCoLostInTranslationmessybobabrickslegomatt
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited July 2014
    Tickets purchased :)

Exchange rate blows compared to last year. You would have got more £ for my $. I may have to buy more tickets later in the month.
    LostInTranslationSirKevbagscaperberry
  • asksolasksol Member Posts: 101
    I donated a lot, but I selected gift aid, could you maybe have written that a bit earlier in the instructions?
    SirKevbags
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 817
    Wow some great prizes, I'm going to have to top up my PayPal account. ;D
    SirKevbags
    @asksol‌ Don't worry about the gift aid thing. Thats an accounting issue for us to deal with. The odd few that come with it attached isn't a problem.
  • asksolasksol Member Posts: 101
    @SirKevBags Ok, Thanks! I was taught to always read the instructions first, but do I listen? I consider this when I write technical documentation and make sure any warning comes before the actual instructions :)
    SirKevbags
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,370
    @SirKevbags You mentioned in your OP that Fairy Bricks aren't eligible for Gift Aid, but the Paypal home page for Fairy Bricks asks for it first thing. A bit confusing for someone that doesn't read your OP correctly.
  • Peter1975Peter1975 DeventerMember Posts: 164
    UK only? I mean should I win one of the prices, are they shipped overseas?
    @oldtodd33‌ I agree with you completely but there isn't anything we can do about the entry page, that is fixed by Paypal. Just to clarify though, Fairy Bricks is eligible to claim gift aid (from UK Taxpayers) but Raffle Entries, regardless of the charity concerned are not eligible.

Hopefully in general its easier than regular paypal with selecting gift payment options etc and the confusion that causes people.
    cheshirecat
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,357
    +1 for not reading the bit about Gift Aid :-(
    @Peter1975‌ This is open to everyone. If you win a prize it will be sent to you no matter where you are.
    LostInTranslation
  • beegeedeebeegeedee Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 380
    Tickets bought...I mean, it was so much fun last year watching the draws happening how could anyone not buy tickets.
    LostInTranslationSirKevbagsCoraHarrisonLego_Star
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Could you add a sentence about gift aid for raffle entries to the objective section, or even put it in the logo image?
    @Matthew‌ in theory yes but the time it would take to get the changes approved would defeat the object.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,548
    In for what I can! Forgot how abysmal the US$ is compared to GBP :-/
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,305
    From the numbers on my virtual tickets, sales seem to be going well already :-)
    LostInTranslation
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    edited July 2014
    ^I donated this morning and got my raffle numbers within 60 mins. I donated again around 1 o'clock and Ive not got my raffle numbers through yet, im starting to worry i didn't click the box for FB to receive my email.

@SuperTramp‌ don't worry. It's a manual process. Once it's 48 hours and you have no ticket numbers then drop us a line.
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Are you going to do a live video stream of the draw? :)
    LostInTranslationLego_StarStormKitty
  • TheCableGuyTheCableGuy Member Posts: 115
    Please tell me Kev that you are not writing names on tickets this year?
    LostInTranslationMatthewJoseph
  • 955561976955561976 Member Posts: 1
    Doh, I also applied Gift Aid - sorry! But donation made to a good cause - well done to everyone involved in organising this.
    SirKevbags
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 470
    First batch of tickets purchased ;-)
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    great to see all the ticket sales already. I so badly want to win some of those great prizes!
    SirKevbagsLostInTranslationLego_Star
    ^ No prizes for you! You're barred ;-)

Please tell me Kev that you are not writing names on tickets this year?

Very much to be confirmed ;-)

adiemcLostInTranslationLego_Star
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,757
    I just entered!
    SirKevbags
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    Some entries from me :-)
    SirKevbags
  • jjb5000jjb5000 Member Posts: 103
    I'm in, remember guys and gals its not the winning but the taking part that's counts :-)

But its always nice to win some of the time!!!!

Good luck all
    SirKevbagsbobabricks
  • CHERUBboyCHERUBboy Member Posts: 98
    Tix bought! Shame you can't gift aid raffle tickets though.
    SirKevbags
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 817
    Just purchased a good few tickets, thanks kev for yet another wonderful charity event, now I shall begin to commence my 48 hour countdown for my ticket no. ;D
    SirKevbags
  • seannydemseannydem Member Posts: 12
    I'm in too. Will be buying more in the weeks to come. Easier to fool the missus on how much I'm spending by doing it in small lots :)
    SirKevbags
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Remember, winning isn't everything.... But losing is nothing!

:oP

bobabricksMiniFigHunterlegomatt