Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Bchow: thought I should introduce myself...U.S

bchowbchow Member Posts: 44
edited September 2011 in Introduce yourself
Feels like the start of an AA meeting. Hi my names Brandy and I hate legos. No really I have no sentamental love for them, they're hard to pick up, organizing well thats a nightmare for someone like me. And really other than having just purchased a huge lot at a garage sale, chances are I wouldn't be here. But here I am and looks like I might be here awhile. Thanks for the very nice greetings, seems rather pleasent so far, so you're stuck with me until I can unload this lot.

Brandy

Comments

• MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Hi Brandy,
    you know, we're all green with envy at your great haul! I personally love sorting through bulk buys like that and getting excited about what I've found.
    Hopefully we'll get you to like LEGO at least a little bit before you unload it all :)
    I think you should build one of the sets, possibly one of the more modern ones, as they tend to have more detail then the older ones, that are restricted by limited bricks (I do like the old sets, but mostly for sentimental reasons, and for the pleasure in seeing how they do use the limited brick range, but I think the newer sets are more impressive).

Anyway, put a set together, and maybe you'll see the appeal a little bit more. Also, if you're thinking of having kids, save a few sets for them, they'll love you forever.

Pick a set you like the look of and build. The houses are lovely to look at, but actually a bit boring to build. Go for one that's small to medium in size, and with a few bits that you complete to make the set (eg, a few cars, or carts, rather than just one big structure)

Welcome :)

• bchowbchow Member Posts: 44
    Thanks savage. As far as modern legos go I've invested a small fortune in those as well. I do have a child. My mind is not geared for the engineer aspect of legos. Thou I appreciate the hours of quiet time it gives me when my child is building something. He's very clever and recently built a revolver style Lego gun. Rather impressive. I'll leave this hobby to the enthusiast. It seems like any other wonderful hobby, where if you enjoy it and imirse yourself in the community, it can be a great thing.

:)
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Sounds like you've got someone to help you out then :) get him building the sets for you, and helping you sort, he probably enjoys it!
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,191
    Since you're somewhat new to LEGO.... TLG (The LEGO Group).... offers this appology.... ;-)