Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Instructions Falling Apart

MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 861
In light of the recent article on the Brickset main page, I am bringing it up here on the Forum.

The instructions have fallen apart on my #20116 White House set and because of this article, I called LEGO Customer Services - who was happy to send me a replacement - for $2.95. I was shocked. I mentioned that it was a LEGO quality issue and she only VERY reluctantly agreed to send me the instructions this one timeat LEGO's expense. Is this normal?

It was pointed out that this has happened to the BTTF set and the Ghostbuster's sets as well. Are there other sets that this happening to?

Comments

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,380
    In addition to the problems with the Ghostbusters booklet which I reported in my review of the set I've had the same problem with my Sea Cow instructions.

I called LEGO CS and while they don't have stock at present they'll send me free replacements for both booklets when available. There was no reluctance on their part, and they're aware of the Ghostbusters issue.
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,839
    I've heard about this many times with these black square bindings falling apart so I use this great website called Brickset.com ;P This way my instructions stay in great condition for my collection :)
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 861
    You leave your instructions untouched and use the PDF files from here?
  • gold682gold682 UKMember Posts: 208
    Sorry to raise an oldish thread but has anyone received a new improved set of Ghostbusters instructions, as i raised my request in July and it still says "backordered".
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,509
    Poor quality of manufacturing leads to poor conditions of the instructions.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    If the worst comes to it and any of my booklets completely falls apart, then I think i'll probably just get a hole-puncher and turn the whole booklet into a mini ring-bound version.
    Or something like that, anyway. It'd be better than a pile of loose pages jostling about the box, getting all bent and dog-eared.