Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Salt Lake Temple

I don't know if there any other Mormons on here, but I thought this was pretty cool, even if you're not.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/10/salt-lake-temple-legos-mormon_n_5480631.html
bobabrickstrickydicky0880

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,392
    And lo! The golden Obi-Wan Kenobi appeared ...

Purists don't look ... "Eventually I had to get out a scroll saw and cut it at those angles."
    bobabricks
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,334
    Hermione is asleep and the chick next to her doesn't look too happy. Maybe because they painted Obi-wan gold.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,027
    I lived in SLC for a year and I must admit that is quite an impressive replica of the real thing.

Never was able to go inside the building; but the outside and surrounding grounds are stunning.
    bobabricks
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    At first I thought you said "morons" and I almost flagged it XD
    rancorbait
  • KingDaveKingDave UKMember Posts: 961
    “Eventually I had to get out a scroll saw and cut it at those angles. It finishes it off, so it has to look good,”

So he wanted his Lego model (or the world) to all fit together in a way that fitted his own vision, ignoring the realities of the inherent limitations of Lego (or the world). This is an extremely accurate 'model' from someone who knew exactly how it would all turn out at the end before he even started.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Amazing model, even with the customisation.

But I take from this that no matter who you are its almost impossible to have your photo taken in front of a lego model without looking more than a little bit weird - even if you're an apache helicopter gunship pilot. (and I absolutely include myself in that too, the weird bit not the helicopter gunship pilot part)
  • trickydicky0880trickydicky0880 Member Posts: 134
    Nice to see another Mormon Lego fan. :)