Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

ROBLOX decided to have a contest based on Lego Ideas.

I'm new here, hi! I have posted this post yesterday on Bricks In Motion because i'm more active there, but as it's somewhat important i decided to post it here as well;

http://blog.roblox.com/2014/06/presenting-robloxs-lego-ideas-building-contest/

Why. Out of all the MMO's that can try this idea, ROBLOX does it, with it's terrible community and games, awful moderation system, etc - all the bad parts that you can have in an online game. They clearly don't know how Ideas works in the first place - they literally think a brick bucket with a ROBLOX logo can be marketed. And i'm not even talking about how they think that the sets people submit for the contest are literally going to be put in stores just like how they send it in (Lego usually redesigns the entire thing and if a bunch of kiddies are going to send in their mediocre Lego-ROBLOX creations, oh boy, if it gets accepted, everything that's been sent in is gonna be scrapped).

Or even how they choose to be a crappy virtual Lego clone that doesn't want to be affliated with the brand (and instead, promotes clonebrands - how could they!) and now try to abuse Lego Ideas as a marketing aspect for young customers?

I'm quite disgusted.

Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,532

Any thoughts on this?

No.

Hi btw!
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,547
    ^ What he said... It'll never pass review, it's just a 'poor man's Minecraft', after all, isn't it?
  • WoutStopmotionWoutStopmotion Member Posts: 33
    Eh.. It's not Minecrafty at all, although they copied loads of things from the game (such as the buiding system, in late 2010). Minecraft was at least something that's able to turn into Lego, this... it's generally Lego already.
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Crowdsourcing an idea for an ideas crowdsourcing site... brain say ouch.

Seems a little dubious legally... given that TLG pay out 1% royalties. Would Roblox pay that to their competition winner or are they assuming ownership?

Not that they'll get through anyway. Whoever they are.