Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hollow stud Automatic Binding Bricks ( slotted ).

Stuart9Stuart9 WorcestershireMember Posts: 27
First posting since introduction,please let me know if this is not allowed or wrong area.
I'm looking to add to my ABB slotted bricks with hollow studs (seen from below) and would appreciate any messages as to who might have some.
Also interested in other ABB bricks,hollow bricks.

Comments

• Stuart9Stuart9 WorcestershireMember Posts: 27
    Photo of colours/shades that I have of ABB with solid studs.
    bobabricks
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    Umm there not Lego bricks.
  • DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    Aren't they early bricks from the 50's? I had some, mainly red and white and threw them out years ago :(
    bobabricks
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,753

Daragh said:

Aren't they early bricks from the 50's?

Automatic Binding Bricks
    bobabricksPitfall69
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    binaryeye said:

Daragh said:

Aren't they early bricks from the 50's?

Automatic Binding Bricks
    You learn something new everyday. Thanks.
    Pitfall69Daraghkylejohnson11
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 553
    Hi Stuart9, welcome. I also have in interest in early Lego bricks. I have mostly Samsonite CA bricks but have picked up a few slotted bricks and hollow brick over years. I don't have a lot of color variations, maybe a third of what you have. I've got old close "O" font, bar bell, and two types of block logos and some logoless bricks. I've also got some old types of windows and doors. About half of what I've got is loose and the other half are with sets.
  • Stuart9Stuart9 WorcestershireMember Posts: 27
    Hi everyone,these are the original lego bricks of the 1950's as some have suggested.
    I know you won't want to hear this but they are clones of the original Automatic Binding Brick made by Hilary Page,the company Kiddicraft of London.
    Some types of bricks were also produced in France.
    These early bricks are often referred to as Mursten bricks,they come in a huge range of colours and shades,including stunning marbled versions.
    Sadly they distort easily and most are now no use in building,mainly for collectors these days.