Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Free fabric for Fairy Bricks

cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
edited June 2014 in Everything else LEGO
Ok, this is going to be a slightly odd one, but theres a US website called spoonflower that prints fabrics with your own design or you can choose someone elses. At the moment they're allowing everyone (new accounts or existing) a free 8x8inch print of their new faux suede material - including free postage (inc international).

What I thought was that a few of them *might* be useful for promotional stuff for fairy bricks. So I've come up with a design and got my free one coming my way. However, I figured theres probably a lot of us who don't want a free test swatch of fabric so if you would consider signing up (www.spoonflower.com) and getting another it might be quite useful. Its one per household so if we end up with 50 being posted to Kevin or myself they may get suspicious so get them sent to yourself, parents whoever and somehow we'll get them where they are needed. For anyone that likes sewing we could have a competition for the best product made from one! (or is that too geeky?)

To make it harder you can't make your design available to the public until you've seen an example printed so I can't just point you to my design so you'll have to 'create a new fabric' using the image attached below then set the dpi to 300 (you'll see the design then fits properly) then order a 8x8 test swatch in faux suede which would normally be $5 + postage but will be free. IIRC no credit card is necessary, you just sign up, do it, order it and wait a few weeks for it to arrive.

We have until 12pm today EST to get the freebie! Like I say they only 'might' be useful, so don't go out of your way, but I'm sure I can have my better half sewing them into some kind of useful promotional item. (she loves sewing)

For those that are interested, you can get some great LEGO stuff printed there - we printed a white studded table cloth to use for our winter display and also some of the big batman and starwars LEGO images for cushions.

Comments

• legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited June 2014
    Hmm... I don't know how rigorous their checks are, but might they not get suspicious, regardless of address, if dozens of people all suddenly request the same image: it being a company logo.
    They might view it as an attempt by that company to circumvent placing an order, orchestrated by fairybricks themselves.
    andhe
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited June 2014
    I wouldn't worry to be honest, its a test of the new fabric and believe me they get 1000s of these orders so 12 fairy bricks logos going through wont get noticed. New people signing up and getting to hold the fabric in their hands is exactly what they want - if it was sent straight to Kev or myself there would be more of an issue. But absolutely if you're not comfortable then don't.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited June 2014
    ^ That's fair(y) enough. :o)
    Just mentioned it 'just in case', (I keep forgetting who's associated with/speaking on behalf of FB), if you guys are happy, then no worries.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    I love this idea even though I'm not sure what we would use them for. I WILL NOT be wearing a suede suit however if we obtain enough to stitch them together to make one ;)
    beegeedee
    See our best idea yet is a pair of patchwork faux suede trousers for the hairy fairy or perhaps some faux suede cowboy chaps to go with your cowboy boots! ;-p
    edited June 2014
    For anyone understandably worried that too many logos might be obvious, heres some others that we could definitely use in Kevins new trousers - or perhaps a Lenny Henry style suit! I'm right in thinking he's one of our few entertainers we can still look up to right?

So come on get us some free fabric and get the Hariy Fairy a new wardrobe!

Other ideas we've had in - a waist coat and yoga pants (bonus points to anyone that remembers the last forum mention of yoga pants) both of which would look very fetching on Kev - although I can't help thinking the suede yoga pants might chafe a little.
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    Done and done. Will be printed in the next 14 business days.
    cheshirecat
  • LegobutterflyLegobutterfly Member Posts: 488
    Done!
    cheshirecat
    If we want to see kev in a suede suit we need more!
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 222
    I received the free fabric. Is there still interest in it?
    Yes sorry, forgot to reply to your pm.